Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Transgender and Intersex Mod  (Read 36980 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transgender and Intersex Mod
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2015, 06:09:55 am »

It's not the only difference - for reproduction there needs to be one dwarf with the female and one with the male tag.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Csponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2015, 09:31:28 am »

It's not the only difference - for reproduction there needs to be one dwarf with the female and one with the male tag.

I've changed my mind. I would like a mod that removes gender from dwarfs entirely. All dwarfs should be "it" from now, and the lore should reflect that as they are constructs of Armok. A new system could be introduced in the game where doing certain things could urge Armok for new dwarfs, adding some control over your population etc..

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2015, 09:38:56 am »

Impossible, the dwarf civilization wouldn't even spawn without gender tags IIRC.
._.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2015, 12:14:48 pm »

Open the string dump, replace all he/she with it/it. Done. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2015, 06:40:06 pm »

There actually is a spawn something script that you might be able to tie to a reaction that works for the latest DFHack. I haven't tried it with a dwarf yet, but here it is. Just copy that into notepad, save it as a .lua file, and put it in the hack/scripts folder.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2015, 07:12:39 pm »

I'd come to see if there was something useful for the Perthans in my Daedra Citadel mod (Perthans were the male-appearing Spider Daedra in Battlespire) so they could be intersex and still reproduce for the purposes of having a thriving civ, but it doesn't look like it's possible.  As for the rest, I don't pretend to understand, but I do try to be open-minded and welcoming to everyone.  I don't want to make a well-meaning but ultimately foot in the mouth sort of statement, so I'll stay out of the rest of the discussion.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2015, 06:41:24 pm »

And are we seriously suggesting that there can be /no/ moral upshot to virtual actions?

Yes. If you cannot separate reality from imaginary then you are either a child, mentally ill or teetering on the edge of mental illness. It is a harsh thing to say, but it is the truth. People who are that handicapped should stay away from video games.
[/quote]

The whole point of my post, of course, being that actions we take or are presented to us in "play" situations can have palpable, concrete upshots. Unless you think that any and all fiction is completely amoral because "it's just make-believe". The horrifying thing is that you probably do, and this is the point at which I bail on anything approaching reasonable moral discussion. In light of smeeprocket's request, I'll leave it there; once again, good onya smeeprocket, and illegitimi non carbordundum.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]