Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Dwarven Gauntlet  (Read 12552 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Dwarven Gauntlet
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2014, 12:21:38 pm »

That's part of the ab workout! They hurt yummy good.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, I'm in public and almost burst out laughing! Thanks, I don't know why that was so funny though.
Delicious pain.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

Posting so this thread will keep showing up in my new replies list and maybe shame me into getting fit.
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:07 pm »

Just finished 100 pushup challenge in JROTC
my arms feel like jello
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 03:09:22 am »

Cryxis, if you want to build your arm strength faster, do something that feels really stupid for about a minute, then you realize the severity of the situation.

Take your lightest dumbbell. Like, 1lb or less. Hold it in both hands. Put your arms straight out in front of you, collarbone high, and hold them there as long as you can without letting them droop at all. Be prepared for that 1lb to feel like a ton after a short while.
Wow. That almost sounds like a hack, but I've got a 6lb dumbbell and that got difficult really fast.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 03:24:32 am »

Huh, this seems interesting. I'll read through this when I have a free day and do everything I can off of here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 08:16:20 am »

Cryxis, if you want to build your arm strength faster, do something that feels really stupid for about a minute, then you realize the severity of the situation.

Take your lightest dumbbell. Like, 1lb or less. Hold it in both hands. Put your arms straight out in front of you, collarbone high, and hold them there as long as you can without letting them droop at all. Be prepared for that 1lb to feel like a ton after a short while.
Wow. That almost sounds like a hack, but I've got a 6lb dumbbell and that got difficult really fast.
We used to punish people in the Muay Thai gym by making them do it with a single square of toilet paper. It's worse than running laps, I'll tell ya.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 09:06:31 am »

We used to punish people in the Muay Thai gym by making them do it with a single square of toilet paper. It's worse than running laps, I'll tell ya.

Eh, I'unno, I may be doing this wrong, but 1 lb doesn't feel like effort anymore. And if I'm doing this right, it's probably because I've been exercising the muscle ever since I started going to the gym in September. But Muay Thai-ers probably do too, so... eh?

6 WOULD be a pain, though, the muscle strength has lesser increments. I'm doing 8.8 lb (4 kgs, to be precise, metric system whoooo!) 3x12 every other day for a month now and it still feels like my arms will fall off by the last series of repetitions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:45 pm »

Eh, I'unno, I may be doing this wrong, but 1 lb doesn't feel like effort anymore. And if I'm doing this right, it's probably because I've been exercising the muscle ever since I started going to the gym in September. But Muay Thai-ers probably do too, so... eh?

The difficulty of that exercise scales at least as much with the time doing it as it does with the weight. If 1lb feels like no effort after one minute try 3 minutes, or 5 or more ...
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 04:23:28 pm »

Yeah, it's not "hold it for a minute," it's "hold it until your arms fall off."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

I work out at home

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »

Hasn't anyone seen the Punisher?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

Are people still doing this?

I figure its about time I started doing some actual exercise again. Signing up for the **Easy Circuit** for now and also signed up on the Fitocracy site somebody mentioned earlier in the thread.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2015, 12:00:55 pm »

I failed... life got busy and I got blegh and I just didn't do it. Shame on me :(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

I stopped after a couple of injuries forced me to take a break, and the break stretched on and on and on...

I should probably get back into it :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7