Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which race do you want next? Vote on these choices!

Teenage Hero Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 2 (33.3%)
Locust Horde, using lancers, hammerbursts and cleavers to ruin your day!
- 1 (16.7%)
The Kebenit, a collection of races based on Egyptian Mythology
- 2 (33.3%)
You want sentient Echidnas? You want disorderly jewels? We can do that!
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Korbac's Komplete Krossover Kollection  (Read 2460 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Korbac's Komplete Krossover Kollection
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:46:34 pm »

Link to download : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1d86zdwr53xnkw/AADERqXCki_vjGh5TSIdjWJza?dl=0

After the advent of the new major update to DF, I (perhaps foolishly) deleted my old mod folder as I expected massive raw changes. While they were numerous, they were not implacable. Truly, I was more concerned with new ideas than fixing old ones. This is where Korbac's Komplete Krossover Mod REDUX comes in.

Primarily adding familiar races and creatures into the Dwarf Fortress Setting, KKKM is designed to enchance the base game by basically adding more content in the form of sentient races. Currently we have :

Nyx (Dota / Dota 2) : A race of sentient beetles with the power to confuse others, with good sneaking skills. Cunning and villainous morals, but loyal to the Queen. They lay eggs - take this into account if playing as them.

Pimmons (Alien Nations) : Largish, blue - skinned humanoids who have a similar code of conduct to dwarves. They live in cities, however, and are larger, but retain a fairly similar social structure.

Kasvasgorians (Startopia) : A race of big, muscular, GGRRRRRRRRRHHHHH warriors who battle with their fists. Kasvasgorians are not particularly bright, but they are very strong and almost impossible for a normal human to kill. They are alcoholics. They possess their own brand of morality - for example, beating up another Gor is perfectly acceptable, but murder is punished by exile.

Protoss (Starcraft) : An ancient alien race that possesses a powerful energy shield and some rather OP weaponry, but with average physical attributes.

Things I need help with :

Currently, languages. I'm using the closest approximation of the current languages to suit a race best at current. If someone could point me to a good language generator, I'd be very grateful.

---

Credit to Putnam for answering all my goddamn questions and just generally being cool.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:32:36 pm by Wysthric »
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Korbac's Komplete Krossover Mod REDUX
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:22 pm »

I just want to let you know that your mod title can be abbreviated to KKK mod.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:27:05 pm »

I just want you to know that that's an accident. XD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

I just want you to know that that's an accident. XD
Change it to Korbac's Kool Komple Krossover to avert that?

I think I have some strays raw files around with stuff done with a similar idea. Maybe I'll release it whenever I get around to testing and debugging that. Still, nice work.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 06:01:13 pm »

And so it shall be... Korbac's Komplete Krossover Kollection!

Just as an update, I've made a "force field" material and tissue plan... as well as a body detail plan...

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Korbac's Komplete Krossover Kollection! (INKOMPLETE)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 06:13:02 pm »

Here it is! Now you can play as the space dudes known as the Protoss. They each have a rather strong energy field for defence and have ridiculously powerful weapons, but their physical attributes are average and they take longer to mature. I really have very little knowledge on the 'toss despite reading a big wiki article so their government is mostly fictional.

I'll be adding in PYLONS shortly, but in the meantime, what do you guys want? Poll coming in a few minutes.