Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pleistocene Mod: Alpha 0.1 released ! (expect bugs)  (Read 2146 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pleistocene Mod: in development
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »

Yeah, will try and fix them gaits (first i must UNDERSTAND what gaits are) then I will save up a file and load it in DFFD.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 07:29:04 pm »

Gaits are, as I understand it, how quickly a creature move based on how much time there is inbetween steps.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:29:55 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10275

There it is ! There must be some bugs in it. Feel free to feedback, good or bad, it doesn't matter !

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:48 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10275

There it is ! There must be some bugs in it. Feel free to feedback, good or bad, it doesn't matter !

PTW. Also, I may get a chance to test this soon.

BTW: I suggest that you include a link to this forum thread on the DFFD page. There is a place there to list your "home page"... (As someone who browses DFFD for mods and such, it's frustrating when I have to hunt for the forum thread.)

And, while you're at it, it would be nice if you included a list of what this version of this mod actually adds - a simple list of the creature names, at the very least. The DFFD page seems so... empty without any details.

Edit: Looking at the file, I compiled a list of what it adds.

Spoiler: Creature list (click to show/hide)

BTW: I'm glad to see that you added the Aurochs. Ancient cattle over 2 meters tall at the shoulder, with huge horns?! Frankly, I was surprised this was not part of Vanilla and that nobody bothered to sponsor it via the Animal Sponsorship Drive.

And here are a few suggestions:

* Diprotodon - Meaning "two forward teeth", is the largest known marsupial to have ever lived. The largest specimens were hippopotamus-sized: about 3 meters (10 ft) from nose to tail, standing 2 meters (6.6 ft) tall at the shoulder and weighing about 2,800 kilograms (6,200 lb). Interestingly, some Aboriginal tribes identify Diprotodon bones as those of "bunyips".

* Thylacoleo - An extinct genus of carnivorous marsupials:
Pound for pound, Thylacoleo carnifex had the strongest bite of any mammal species living or extinct; a T. carnifex weighing 101 kg (223 lb) had a bite comparable to that of a 250-kg African lion, and research suggests that Thylacoleo could hunt and take prey much larger than itself. Larger animals it may have hunted include Diprotodon spp. and giant kangaroos. It also had extremely strong fore limbs, with retractable, cat-like claws, a trait previously unseen in marsupials. Thylacoleo also possessed enormous hooded claws set on large semiopposable thumbs, which were used to capture and disembowel prey.

* Meiolania (or "Great Horned Turtle") - an extinct land turtle from the Oligocene to Holocene periods. (It died out about 2,000 years ago.) The head "sported many knob-like and horn-like protrusions." And the tail "was protected by armored 'rings', and sported thorn-like spikes at the end." The species measured 8.2 ft in length, making it the 2nd largest land turtle on record. (An illustrated size comparison can be seen here.)
[Note: There are larger turtles on record. But all but one of those were marine turtles. Considering that you're adding them to the Savage biome, I wouldn't mind if the size was boosted slightly.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:45:33 pm by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 [2]