Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: haven't been attacked in my play throughs  (Read 1478 times)

justicarab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
haven't been attacked in my play throughs
« on: December 08, 2014, 06:38:27 pm »

when i first started, i was constantly attack from necromancers to goblins ambushes to titans, and now that i know a lot more, for my past few play through, i almost never get attacked.... i got "lucky" and had some action when a weretabir attack, but it was easy. is there triggers? i know 80 pop and so much worth, but i am at 125 dorfs and 947,523 worth. and not a single goblin, in the past 2 play through i made sure that my only neibors were goblins but i get dwarf caravans but no goblins

so i end up starting new playthrough from bordom. i know i can dig down but i want surface battles to be honest
This forum is the most helpful and polite i have ever seen. always happy to help my many post and to you all i say thank you so much for making me feel welcomed!

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: haven't been attacked in my play throughs
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:56:35 pm »

Location is important - if your fortress is right next to a goblin fortress (or directly next to two, as my current one is), you're liable to get a whole lot more attacks than if you're hidden in some mountain range a million miles from anywhere. In particular, check your neighbours on the embark screen - if you don't have goblins there, you aren't getting attacked.

Alternatively, if you want to up the odds of getting attacked, look at the fortress defence mod, but I'd highly recommend starting with just a couple of the easier races turned on.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: haven't been attacked in my play throughs
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:02:06 am »

You might end up getting no attacks if you embark right next to a goblin fortress too. It was always based on luck for me.