Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod Request: Adding Civs and some Creatures  (Read 777 times)

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod Request: Adding Civs and some Creatures
« on: December 10, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

Hey guys, I'd like to make a mod request.

This is a fairly serious mod request that won't receive monetary payment (sorry). It's quite a "small" request and its mostly because there have been many changes in the 0.40.xx series that negates a lot of older mods that I'm making this request.

The mod I'm requesting adds a number of civilizations and creatures. No need to add weapons and such. I just want a creature and a civilization file for each creature. Note that each one should be hostile and evil.

Orcs - larger than goblins, a wee bit smaller than a human, paler skinned. I tend to think of Orcs from LOTR. Strong, multiplies quickly, violent but these orcs are not adverse to sunlight. Uses armor. Each birth should give more than 2 so as to make them many. Their number compensates for their vitality (meaning they are physically weak, although stronger than a goblin). They like cities and dark fortresses.

I'd like to have a ranking system as well (the following names are more or less placeholders):
1. 1 King (successor by appointment from shaman)
2. 1 Shaman (successor by heir if possible)
3. 5 Warchiefs (appointed by King)
4. 10 Captains (appointed by Warchief)

Lizardmen - About a head taller than a human on average. Reptilian creatures that resemble raptors in a way. They are bipedal creatures with two hind legs and two humanoid arms and have a long scaly tail. They have a softer underbelly apart from their scaly body. They lay eggs. They like to live in cities and fortresses.

Ranking System:
1. King (successor by heir, also in charge of religious affairs)
2. 5 Generals (appointed by King)
3. 10 Commanders (appointed by General)

Bugbears - Hard to describe (meaning look up on google images to get an idea). Sort of a rat-goblin-orc-beast hybrid. I don't want them too large but I don't want them to be human-sized either. These bugbears are taller and stronger. They are mammalian and give birth to 1 or 2 at a time. They like forests and caves.

Ranking System:
1. King (Succeed by heir)
2. 8 Captains (appointed by King)

Ratmen - Ratmen. About the size of a human. Has 2 hind legs with rat arms and a long tail. Ratmen are furred. They are also weaker than an orc but they multiply quickly and are also cunning and devious. Each litter should be at least 8. They live in caves and can tolerate fortresses and cities.

Ranking System:
1. King (Succeed by heir)
2. Priest (Succeed by heir)
3. 12 Captains (Appointed by King)

Fishmen - Easiest described as a scaly, shelled human with the head of a fish. They are primitive and do not use metal. Fishmen are about human height but a bit larger. They have two legs and two arms with each feet having 3 toes and each hand having 4 fingers. They are moderately strong and have many in numbers but they lack intelligence by a lot to the point where they should be borderline retarded. Each litter should lay about 12 eggs. They live in caves or someplace. I don't know. Find someplace that is about as removed from being civilized as possible.

Ranking System:
1. Chief (appointed by Shaman)
2. Shaman (Succeed by heir)
3. 24 Raiders (appointed by Chief)

Beastmen - They resemble a mixture of a faun and a satyr. They have two hind legs with hooves, two humanoid arms and a head resembling a goat with two horns that curve towards their back.They are furred. Beastmen are large and powerful and have a moderate intelligence, being slightly dumber than a human. They have 1 to 3 children per litter and likes to live in cities and fortresses. They are warmongering and love war.

Ranking System:
1. Warleader (succeed by position of Warchief)
2. Warchief (appointed by Warleader)
3. 3 Generals (appointed by Warleader)

That's it for additional civilizations.

An additional request: add a hierarchy for humans, goblins and kobolds and have kobolds go on full raids without having to skulk around.
In more detail:
Human Ranking System:
1. Emperor (with spouse being Empress) (succeed by heir)
2. Priest (Succeed by position)
3. Acolyte (Appointed by Priest)
4. 9 Generals (Appointed by Emperor)
5. 27 Captains (Appointed by Generals)

Goblin Ranking System:
1. Chief (Appointed by Shaman)
2. Shaman (Succeed by heir)
3. 4 Commanders (Appointed by Chief)

Kobold Ranking System:
1. Chief (Appointed by Shaman)
2. Shaman (Whoever wants the post)

I will greatly appreciate work on this mod request and I'm sure others in Bay12 will too.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request: Adding Civs and some Creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:36:35 pm »

This is all quite simple to make. However, why would anyone want to do all that raw editing for free, just because you want them to? My suggestion is thus: read the modding guide - and learn how to make this mod yourself. I'm sure I speak for most people here that we'd be happy to help you with any specific issues you might encounter along the way, but no-one is going to straight up write the whole thing for you.

Best of luck!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request: Adding Civs and some Creatures
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

I noticed you want orcs to be weak, but stronger than goblins. This is actually impossible since goblins have above average strength to make them relatively equal to humans in overall strength since their smaller size makes them a bit weaker. It would also be helpful if you could give a life expectancy for them since otherwise we just need to guess. Aside from that it all sounds moddable, though I don't think I'd do it myself.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia