Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13162 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Roll to Operations Control
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:03 pm »

Hello, and welcome CTU veteran. As an award for your long and distinguished service you have been promoted. No longer will you risk life and limb battling terrorists, insurgents, and other enemies of the United Nations, Moons, and Planets. Instead you will use your years of experience to guide field operatives through various missions from the comfort of our state-of-the-art operations room. You will brief a 5-man Tactical Squad on their mission's targets and parameters, coordinate their efforts, and relay to them additional information and support as required. Your new job may no longer be deadly, but you will be overseeing men who still face danger. I hope we do not need to remind you that if you lose men through any fault of your own, you could be tried for as high a crime as treason. Should you excel in the operations room as well as you did on the field of battle, further promotion may be in store.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: How do I sign up? (click to show/hide)

I'll post the Tactical Unit choices when I have the 4 applicants.
Tactical Unit Choices are in Reply #5. D has been taken.

Current Players:
1.Toaster (Bill Billson)
Spoiler: Tactical Unit D (click to show/hide)
2. Beirus (Bart Barkley)
Spoiler: Tactical Squad C (click to show/hide)
3. Hawk132 (Niel Varris)
Spoiler: Tactical Squad B (click to show/hide)
4. SaberToothTiger (Zoltan Stevens)
Spoiler: Tactical Squad A (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:44:30 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »

Mission List
Spoiler: Operation Caesar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:38:43 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:50 pm »

Spoiler: Former Officers (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:11:04 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 07:51:33 am »

Gonna wait a bit to see how this works, if I like it, then I join.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:53:20 am »

Name: Edward Bain
Other Information: Former field officer before promotion, notorious for taking unecessary risks. Some attribute that to him being a reformed criminal, being a mafia hitman before being arrested and conscripted.

Did I do this right?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

Name: Edward Bain
Other Information: Former field officer before promotion, notorious for taking unecessary risks. Some attribute that to him being a reformed criminal, being a mafia hitman before being arrested and conscripted.

Did I do this right?
Yep, that was great, sorry, I should have been more detailed with the character sheet.

Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, I'm going to go ahead and let you take your pick of which Tactical Squad you want to control.

Spoiler: Terminology (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:09:23 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »

Name:  Bill Billson
Other Information:  Billson is a career CTU in his blood.  He comes from a long line of distinguished military veterans.  His father and mother both served with distinction, enough so that Billson was offered a tactical position as soon his training was complete.  He declined, preferring to earn his way in on his own merits, rather than the merits of his parents.  He did not disappoint, and has truly earned this spot.

I'll take D for the interesting factor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 03:59:20 pm »

Character Sheet
Name: Bart Barkley
Other Information: Bart was originally an undercover operative for the Intelligence branch of the military. After distinguishing himself through his ability to think and adapt to changing circumstances in his missions, he was promoted to a tactical position in the CTU.

Can I have Squad C?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:12:08 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:52 pm »

Name: Neil Varris
Other Information: He originally served as one of the grunts of CTU, until one of the higher-ups promoted him to a tactical position after he noticed that he had "potential". Neil would rather have his old position back. Shooting people is easier than leading them, after all.

Going to grab B.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

Name: Zoltán Stevens
Other Information: An old timer veteran who served CTU for the most of his life, at first as a low level fighter and later as a team leader, decided to become a radio operator instead of retiring. He had a small case of unnecessary violence against armed suspects, but was left off the hook as he was able to avoid casualties in civilians and his team members.

Waitlistniev, I guess.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »

With Hawk grabbing B, that means Deathsword gets A by process of elimination and we are ready to go.

Mission 1: Operation Caesar
Compound Raid
Location: Versailles Mountains, French Territory, William Tell moon, orbiting Arpad.

"Welcome gentlemen to the next step up. Here, you act as a middle man, making decisions that neither the man on the ground with little awareness of the overall battle, or the men in command looking only at the big picture can make. I'm afraid that we're going to have to start up by running. The French terrorist group known as the Legion of Gaul has been increasing their attacks in the last year, and are actually being brave enough to mount full scale raids on towns. Our intelligence branch has reported that they've a small town in the Versailles mountains that they've been using as a hideout. However, the intelligence agency says that they've lost contact with their informant and so we have to act on the intel now. Your squad's orders are to capture or kill as many Legion members as you can, with the secondary goals of getting intelligence and rescuing the informant, if possible. Keep in mind that while the town is controlled by the Legion of Gaul, many of the people living there are innocent civilians. The Legion has taken over the police station in the center of town, which is where you will strike, and where you will find the majority of their forces. We're currently looking for plans of the building right now, but if we can't find them, we're going in blind." Your commanding officer pauses, before continuing.

"Mr. Bain, Mr. Barkely, Squad's A and C were deployed via shuttlecraft to the top of the mountain and are working there way into town now. When you take command of the units, Squad C will be on a ridge above the police station and will snipe and spot enemies from there. Squad A will attempt to sneak as far as possible, before attacking the station to gain the element of surprise. Mr. Billson, Mr. Varris, Squads B and D will be moving into town via cars driving up the mountain. To maintain the element of surprise, the cars being used are civilian."

The supervisor looks at his watch, then says "As it is currently 1404 hours there, I advise you to get to your seats, and get your squads to report their current status. The sun will come up there at 1507, and we want to be wrapping things up by then."

Primary Objective: Eliminate the Legion of Gaul's presence in the town with minimal civilian cost.
Secondary Objective: Rescue the informant.
Recover as much intelligence as you can.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:26:48 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 04:14:05 pm »

Take a seat and put my gear on (if any).

"Squad B, it's Varris. Rico, give me a sitrep."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:43:16 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »

Sit down, strap in, speak up.

"Squad D, this is Billson.  Crius, report in and give a status report."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 06:29:52 pm »

Sit down, gear up, etc.

"Squad C, this is Barkley. Gaelhood, what is your status?"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 07:24:14 pm »

Note: If you haven't posted in 48 hours and your actions aren't completely necessary, I will post actions without you.

Your supervisor walks away for a few seconds, then returns. "Gentlemen, the warship Verdun is currently orbiting the moon. It will be able to provide firepower in case you need a targeted strike, but be warned that using will lose the element of surprise and that improper usage could cause civilian casualties."

Take a seat and put my gear on (if any).

"Rico, give me a sitrep."
You take a seat at your desk, put on your headset, and switch on the two monitors. One currently shows an aerial night-vision view of two delivery trucks driving up the side of a mountain, while the other shows a night vision view from the passenger seat of the front truck. Rico responds as soon as you ask for the sitrep.

(5)
"Dumbaya's driving, and I'm currently in the passenger seat, with Nikolic, Ivanovich, and Koupolos in the back. We're approaching the outskirts of town now, and estimate it will be a minute to the police station once we enter the place... Wait a second, there appears to be some form of obstruction ahead. Squad Delta, this is Beta. there's an obstruction ahead, be ready to stop."

As you look at the monitor, you see that next to the first house in the town, there's something blocking the road.

Sit down, strap in, speak up.

"Squad D, this is Billson.  Crius, report in and give a status report."
Sitting down to your desk and monitors and donning your headset, you see that one of your monitors is, like Niel's, showing an overhead close up view of the two trucks. The other shows a view from the passenger side of the back truck, which is dominated by the back of the other truck.

(3) After asking for a status report, you hear Crius fast-talking in response.
"This is Crius, I'm up front with Albert the driver. So far things have been going okay, but there's something wrong with this truck, the fuel indicator has been dropping much faster than normal. We're almost at the outskirts of the town, and we might be able to get to the police station in this, but we're going to need a different evac." Crius pauses speaking, and another voice cuts in.
"Squad Delta, this is Beta. there's an obstruction ahead, be ready to stop."

Sit down, gear up, etc.

"Squad C, this is Barkley. Gaelhood, what is your status?"
Settling to your desk, you have the same two monitor setup as the others, except in your case, both are showing night-vision views from Gaelhood and Sadeh.

(1)
"Barkely, we've got some problems. The ridge we were supposed to use as a sniper position is occupied. There appears to be two tents standing there, as well as some men standing guard, and several of them are moving up towards our current position. Squad A separated from us and are probably in the town right now, so it's just this Squad that is out of position, sir.

(Note: Sadeh being listed as Novice was a typo. He's now Battle-Tested)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:40:01 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6