Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13145 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 07:32:40 pm »

"Roger, Crius.  Sit tight and be ready for anything; play it cool.  Let Beta handle this, but be prepared to assist."

Since our actions are just orders (at least for now), do we really even need bold text?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 07:33:54 pm »

"Gaelhood, do you think that you, Carlson, and Servant can sneak around that group approaching you and take them out with Sadeh and Ibuki covering you once they are away from the tents? If not, find somewhere else to set up with line-of-sight to the police station."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 07:35:52 pm »

"Roger, Crius.  Sit tight and be ready for anything; play it cool.  Let Beta handle this, but be prepared to assist."

Since our actions are just orders (at least for now), do we really even need bold text?
Not really, unless you want to Grab coffee.

Oh, and I'm about to edit something I've forgotten twice now into the post.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 07:58:18 am »

"I've just been told that the Verdun is currently orbiting the moon. We can request fire support if needed."

"Stop your vehicle and approach the town. Maintain stealth."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »

Sent Deathsword a PM reminding him about this. I'll post a turn later tonight.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 06:58:13 pm »

Name: Will Suville
Other: Will would be the first to admit that he was promoted a bit too fast. He was still mostly a rookie in the CTU, at least by his reckoning, when a particularly botched mission ended with him and his squad stranded in terrorist territory. He managed to get his squadmates up and moving, and they managed to fight their way past a large blockade of combatants.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »

Due to real life reasons, I'll have to leave. I'm sorry.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 08:03:18 pm »

Due to real life reasons, I'll have to leave. I'm sorry.
That's perfectly fine. Hope those RL reasons aren't something bad, just making you busy.

That means SabertoothTiger is in.

Edward Bain's phone rings. He picks up. "Hello....I don't do that type of work anymore....No....Okay." After conversing with the supervisor quietly, he leaves. The supervisor turns to you all and informs you that due to some personal issues, Edward Bain is being temporarily reassigned, and that they're bringing in a new officer named Zoltan Stevens to command squad A.

Name: Zoltán Stevens
Other Information: An old timer veteran who served CTU for the most of his life, at first as a low level fighter and later as a team leader, decided to become a radio operator instead of retiring. He had a small case of unnecessary violence against armed suspects, but was left off the hook as he was able to avoid casualties in civilians and his team members.
As soon as Stevens walks in, the supervisor informs of the situation and instructs him to get a report on the situation from Squad A.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 01:03:38 am »

"I've just been told that the Verdun is currently orbiting the moon. We can request fire support if needed."

"Stop your vehicle and approach the town. Maintain stealth."

You relay the promise of potential air support to your team, followed by the order to stop and approach the town. Rico responds with an affirmative. The truck slows to a halt and you see Rico get out of the truck, and switches his vison and your display to infared view. Next to the obstacle, which appears to be a makeshift barrier that can be easily removed, there are three heat signatures, signifying men, and they seem to be carrying weapons. They are moving towards the truck.

(2) "Hey, what are you lot doing?" One of the three men yells out.

"Gaelhood, do you think that you, Carlson, and Servant can sneak around that group approaching you and take them out with Sadeh and Ibuki covering you once they are away from the tents? If not, find somewhere else to set up with line-of-sight to the police station."
(4) "Yes, I think it would certainly be possible," Gealhood responds, before shutting off the com and carrying out your orders. Three men are moving towards Squad C's position. (4+1,5,5) Gaelhood, Carlson, and Servadio each pick out an individual target, before going for the kill. (5+1,2+1,6+1) Gaelhood and Servadio take out their targets perfectly, Servadio managing to stun the target and take his man alive, which creates a small amount of noise (6), but is not noticeable at all. Carlson, however, stabs his target with his knife, only injuring him and causing him to yell out in pain, (2) causing two more men near the tents to move up and investigate. Servadio asks if he and Ibuki should fire, but Gaelhood overrules him.

"Understood sir." Crius replies. You stare at your screen, as the both trucks in the convoy slow to a stop, and you see the men in Squad B move out of the truck and creep forward.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 07:36:17 am »

"This is your *new* guide, your friendly magyar Zoltan in disguise. Gimme a sit-rep, and remember - you are not expendable. Hostiles are. Civvies are not, unless I say so. "
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:26:35 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 10:14:35 am »

"This is your *new* guide, your friendly magyar Zoltan in disguise. Now, about that truck. Do not approach it. Look for people, but I think this could be a booby trap. "
I don't know which truck you're talking about. You're commanding Squad A, which is supposed to infiltrate the town. No one's made contact with it yet because Deathsword was inactive.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 10:15:43 am »

Do the squad commanders hear reports from each other without the info being explicitly shared?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 10:25:30 am »

"This is your *new* guide, your friendly magyar Zoltan in disguise. Now, about that truck. Do not approach it. Look for people, but I think this could be a booby trap. "
I don't know which truck you're talking about. You're commanding Squad A, which is supposed to infiltrate the town. No one's made contact with it yet because Deathsword was inactive.
NOTE TO SELF:
Read actual text, moron. Ack! Editing my action.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:41 am »

Do the squad commanders hear reports from each other without the info being explicitly shared?
Yes, since you're in the same room. Unless you mean the squad leaders, in which case, no.
Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

"Take them out."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6