Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13161 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:43 am »

"Move forward, team.  Sounds like the advance squad's run into trouble."

Move up and support
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 01:13:44 pm »

"Damn. That almost went off well. Carlson, finish that guy off quietly. As in slit his throat. Then go with Gaelhood and take out the other two approaching once they are away from the camp. Servadio, take the guy you captured back towards Ibuki and Sadeh. We can interrogate him to see how many men they have on that ledge."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »

"This is your *new* guide, your friendly magyar Zoltan in disguise. Gimme a sit-rep, and remember - you are not expendable. Hostiles are. Civvies are not, unless I say so. "
(5) As soon as you finish speaking, their is a quiet, but audible reply. "This is Carlos, we've managed to successfully infiltrate the town. We are within a few blocks of the police station. What are your orders?"

"Take them out."
"Yes, sir" Comes the reply, (4) before Rico orders his squad to fire at the enemy. (2,5,6) Everyone except Ivanovich quickly pulls out their  quietest weapons, Koukopolos a little too hastily, and fires. (1,3+1,4,5-1) Rico's gun jams, but the other three successfully manage to shoot the three men, causing them to fall to the ground, (1) but your squad wasn't silent enough. From a nearby house, you spot several more heat signatures approaching, also armed. (1-1) One of them is in so startled, that they drop their weapon.

"Damn. That almost went off well. Carlson, finish that guy off quietly. As in slit his throat. Then go with Gaelhood and take out the other two approaching once they are away from the camp. Servadio, take the guy you captured back towards Ibuki and Sadeh. We can interrogate him to see how many men they have on that ledge."
You hear multiple quiet yes, sirs from the men on the ground. (1+1) Carlson attempts to finish off the guy he attacked, but the man moves away before Carlson can pull out his knife. (3) Carlson does the first thing that comes to mind, which is to tackle the man. (1 vs. 6-1+1) Unfortunately, the man anticipates the tackle, which also happened to be badly executed, and so he sends Carlson sprawling, before shooting him in the head with a pistol, (3) causing the others nearby to look towards him. (1+1) Gaelhood tries to sneak towards the man and finish him off, but the man notices and turns towards him. (3) Servadio stops moving the stunned man, trying to decide whether or not to bring him back or to help Gaelhood. (2,5) Sadeh decides to try to fire off a shot from his sniper rifle, (1+1) and misses, the shot thankfully going unnoticed.

(There were two rolls that were above three, and one killed a squad member, the RNG was not with you today)

"Move forward, team.  Sounds like the advance squad's run into trouble."

Move up and support
"Yes sir," Crius responds, before giving the orders to his squad. You watch as they move up behind Squad B, and see that Squad take out the three men moving towards them, before several more move out of a nearby house. (1) "Hold off on firing, men. Let Squad B handle this, they're closer and it will be easier for them to take these guys down with out being seen or heard." Crius relays to his squad. "Besides, they're blocking the way."

(The 1 doesn't mean he made a bad decision on not helping, the roll was to determine how much Crius was going to help out Squad B. Whether or not it was a bad decision is up to you)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 10:25:14 pm »

"Crius, keep an eye out.  Make sure no one else wakes up."

((I'll let his choice ride for now.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »

Throw off headset.

"God fucking damn it!"

Retrieve headset, sit back down.

"Servadio, go help Gaelhood if he thinks he needs it, otherwise haul that guy back. If nothing else, we'll have a hostage. Sadeh, take that guy out while he is focused on Gaelhood. Ibuki, take a shot if Sadeh misses. Otherwise, keep your eyes on those other two. Gaelhood...try not to get shot."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 09:56:32 am »

"Do you see any movement in the station, over? If not, look through nearby buildings and eliminate all threats and secure the civvies outside the place. When you're done, sneak up to the station itself, and plant charges on one entrance, and some windows too."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 10:36:51 am »

"Find some cover and kill'em. After you confirm they're all dead, clear out the house they came from."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »

"Do you see any movement in the station, over? If not, look through nearby buildings and eliminate all threats and secure the civvies outside the place. When you're done, sneak up to the station itself, and plant charges on one entrance, and some windows too."
(6) "No, sir, we don't see any movement. It seems too quiet. Ordinarily they'd have guards out, but maybe they have guards posted around the village tonight."

Carlos and his men then proceed to look through the nearby buildings for hostiles. (5) After searching through the surrounding buildings, they find little besides a few sleeping civilians. They then move to plant frame charges on the windows and the primary entrance, (6) and are completely unnoticed.

"Find some cover and kill'em. After you confirm they're all dead, clear out the house they came from."
Rico doesn't answer, but he complies, (6) successfully unjamming his gun, while sneaking towards a nearby rock. (2+1,5+1,2+1,6+1,3+1) Two heat signatures head toward Rico, while another heads toward Ivanovich. A fourth tries to pick up his gun. (5,2,6,5,5) The squad fires, all but one hitting their mark, but three of those shots took out the first man headed towards Rico's position. The fourth shot takes down the second man heading towards Rico. (3,2) The man heading towards Ivanovich dives to the relative safety of a nearby rock, while the man trying to pick up his gun drops it again in shock. (4,6,1-1,2,5) That man is promptly riddled with bullets, and drops dead to the ground. Ivanovich tries to shoot the man behind the rock, but notices that his gun got damaged and refuses to fire.

Throw off headset.

"God fucking damn it!"

Retrieve headset, sit back down.

"Servadio, go help Gaelhood if he thinks he needs it, otherwise haul that guy back. If nothing else, we'll have a hostage. Sadeh, take that guy out while he is focused on Gaelhood. Ibuki, take a shot if Sadeh misses. Otherwise, keep your eyes on those other two. Gaelhood...try not to get shot."
After a moment of rage, you refocus. (5) Servadio decides to help, (6) sneaking silently up to the man who killed Carlson. (4) Servadio slits the man's throat, but not before the man (5) shoots Gaelhood in the leg. (6,1) Ibuki decides to take a shot at the men approaching the scuffle, (1+1) but the shot isn't clear and so she ends up missing.

"Crius, keep an eye out.  Make sure no one else wakes up."

((I'll let his choice ride for now.))
"Understood sir." Comes the response. Crius looks around, but there seems to be little activity. "I'm going to check the house just to be safe." Crius says, before running towards the house, leaving his squad behind.

Your supervisor approaches you. "One thing I forgot to let you know. Crius is fond of doing lone wolf stuff. When he does that sort of thing, Kumar takes charge, so if you need to do separate orders for them, you can."

((Out of curiosity, any thoughts on the game so far?))
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »

((A bit too few turns in to have a real view, but taking a step back from control is a fresh perspective.  Will we see more "ops" abilities like calling in airstrikes later?))

"Yes sir." Billson puts the comm back on.  "Kumar, move up and help cover B; looks like they need a hand.  Don't get too far from Crius."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:03 pm »

((Game is interesting. Dice are kind of a bitch though. Any chance you could show us what we're rolling for when we do the rolls? Like Stealth or Marksmanship or whatever?))

"Ibuki, Sadeh, take those two out. The rest of you fall back. Servadio, help Gaelhood back if he can't walk. And make sure that guy you stunned didn't run off. Stun him again, or kill him if you have to. How bad is that wound, Gaelhood?"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 09:41:19 am »

((I like the game, the concept and the execution as of now. I would like to request more unique missions, though, if you are fine with that.))

"Now guys, prepare for a breach. Do not go in, unless you receive a direct order from me to do so. Oh, and when you are in, don't hold back, you have been given these guns for a reason."

Turn off my mic, and say to my fellow operators:

"My men are ready to breach, you fine with that?"

Turn my mic on after I get a response.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:42:53 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 10:05:11 am »

((I like it.))

"Finish him and advance into the town. Ivanovich, grab one of their guns."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

((Will all four squads always be on the same mission?))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

((A bit too few turns in to have a real view, but taking a step back from control is a fresh perspective.  Will we see more "ops" abilities like calling in airstrikes later?))
Yes, I just need to figure out how to have a good way of doing it.

((Game is interesting. Dice are kind of a bitch though. Any chance you could show us what we're rolling for when we do the rolls? Like Stealth or Marksmanship or whatever?))
Certainly.

((I like the game, the concept and the execution as of now. I would like to request more unique missions, though, if you are fine with that.))
I'll try to do more unique/more interesting missions, this mission was a test-run, in some ways. I have some mission ideas (based around a sort of story), including a spaceship hostage rescue type deal, but if you have any cool mission ideas, feel free to suggest one.

((Will all four squads always be on the same mission?))
Yes, I based the squads on the SAS, who has 5-man teams that either team up or do their own thing. Splitting the squads up is something that can and probably will be done.

I'll do the turn sometime in the next 6 hours.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:07 am »

"Now guys, prepare for a breach. Do not go in, unless you receive a direct order from me to do so. Oh, and when you are in, don't hold back, you have been given these guns for a reason."

Turn off my mic, and say to my fellow operators:

"My men are ready to breach, you fine with that?"

Turn my mic on after I get a response.
You turn to the others and ask them.

"Finish him and advance into the town. Ivanovich, grab one of their guns."
(Accuracy:6-1) Rico shoots dead the final man, and your squad moves into town. Ivanovich grabbing a gun from one of the dead. Unfortunately, it's not silenced, so he's going to have to use that or a stun pistol for the rest of the mission. (Speed: 3) They move stealthily and slowly, making about a third of the way towards the police station. (Awareness: 1) They attract little attention as the streets are deserted.

Zoltan turns and speaks to you and the other operators. "My men are ready to breach, you fine with that?"

"Ibuki, Sadeh, take those two out. The rest of you fall back. Servadio, help Gaelhood back if he can't walk. And make sure that guy you stunned didn't run off. Stun him again, or kill him if you have to. How bad is that wound, Gaelhood?"
Ibuki and Sadeh pick their targets, then fire. (Sniping: 5+1, 6+1) Both shots hit home, perfect killshots. Servadio grabs Gaelhood and carries him back to the snipers before checking on the man he stunned. (Hostage Condition: 6) The man seems to be dead, somehow in the confusion, the man got hit with a bullet. Gaelhood applies first aid to himself, (Medical: 3) managing to get his wound bandaged, but he can't participate in the mission except to help snipe, and will need to be airlifted out eventually.

The final man standing guard by the tents (Awareness: 1), calls out "Hey guys, what happened?"

Zoltan turns and speaks to you and the other operators. "My men are ready to breach, you fine with that?"

"Yes sir." Billson puts the comm back on.  "Kumar, move up and help cover B; looks like they need a hand.  Don't get too far from Crius."
"Understood." Kumar says, before following your orders. Kumar and the other squad move up to cover B, but it looks like B has taken care of things, and advanced further into the town. Meanwhile Crius is doing his own thing, clearing the house solo. Entering the first room he finds two surprised men waiting inside. (Accuracy: 2+1+1,2+1+1) Moving superhumanly quick, Crius takes them out with two shots, before moving on into the next room. Crius finds the rest of the house is clear of hostiles, (Search: 1) and of any information on the Legion of Gaul. He returns to where Kumar and the others are, then leads them on into the town to follow Squad B.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6