Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13146 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

"Move on out; things look green.  Stick to your objective.  Crius, are you back with the team yet?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 07:16:00 pm »

"I do what these noises are, Carlos. And I even *know* what they are. Those sounds are the sounds of your teammates not being on their position and making noise. Go in."
"Yes, Sir!" Carlos responds, before blowing the frame charges and his squad enters the building. (Accuracy: 6+2) Carlos fires a shot at the guard at the desk, taking him out instantly before moving past the entry into a hallway. (Awareness: 3) Two Legion members exit a doorway to investigate the disturbance, (Accuracy: 1+1,3,3,5,6) and are promptly gunned down by the squad.

"Advance to the station."
(Obedience: 5) You men follow through, (Movement: 5) advancing to the station and are almost there.

"Good. Servadio, cover the tents. Sadeh, Gaelhood, and Ibuki, move up carefully. If nobody else shows up, get into position. And somebody see if they can get Gaelhood stabilized better. Carefully."
Your men follow your orders, discovering no one else, they set up positions. Ibuki tries to perform some first aid on Gaelhood (First Aid: 3) but she can't do much besides a bandage.

"Move on out; things look green.  Stick to your objective.  Crius, are you back with the team yet?"
(Obedience Roll: 2) "Yes, sir, I'm back with the team." Crius reports "Shouldn't we clear out that building the Legion of Gaul men came out of?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2015, 02:52:30 pm »

"Sweep the floor, take out any hostiles."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2015, 10:25:02 pm »

Billson sighed.  "Quickly."

((Obedience rolls might be more hilarious if they're hidden))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:57 pm »

"Continue."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

"Gaelhood, Sadeh, and Ibuki, watch the building, take out any targets of opportunity and watch for any reinforcements. Servadio, keep watch incase anybody tries to sneak up on your position. Gaelhood, if you think you can't continue the mission at any point, let me know and I'll get you an evac."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »

Bad looking Paint map of the Police station is in progress.

"Sweep the floor, take out any hostiles."
Carlos doesn't respond to your command vocally, but follows your command. The team moves past the entrance way to a hallway. Carlos and Estavez take the door on the right, where the Legion members exited, and Hassan and Clarke take a door on the left. (Surprise: 1+1) Carlos and Estavez swing the door open and are instantly met with gunfire. (Accuracy:1,4,2) One shot hits Carlos in the chest, (Armor Penetration: 6) somehow getting through his body armor and knocking him to the ground, bleeding. (Reaction: 3) Estavez closes the door. Meanwhile, on the other side of the hallway, (Surprise: 6) Clarke and Hassan throw open the door to discover three Legion members ignoring them. (Accuracy: 4+1, 1+1) They drop one man in the opening salvo, before moving into the room to complete the job. (Reaction: 6) The Legionnaires quickly go for their guns, (Initiative: 2,3,6,4) and fire back at your men, (Accuracy: 1+1, 1-1+1) and manage to miss completely, despite the close range. (Accuracy: 1+1,3+1+1) Clarke and Hassan take out another Legionnaire before getting into close quarters range. (Initiative:4,1,5) The final Legionnaire goes for a knife, but Hassan knocks him out with the butt of his gun and begins to tie him up. Clarke begins looking through the computers for useful information. While all this goes on, Eberhardt watches the end of the hallway in case more enemies show up.

"Continue."
(5) Your men move fast, and approach the entrance to the station. Gunfire can be heard coming from inside and the windows and doors have been breached. It appears that Squad A is already inside.

"Gaelhood, Sadeh, and Ibuki, watch the building, take out any targets of opportunity and watch for any reinforcements. Servadio, keep watch incase anybody tries to sneak up on your position. Gaelhood, if you think you can't continue the mission at any point, let me know and I'll get you an evac."
The snipers train their sniper rifles on the police station, and Servadio moves to look over the road leading up to your position. Unfortunately, you can't actually see into the sniper's scopes right now. Sadeh reports that Squad A is in the building and he's spotted two members of their squad take out three bad guys in one of the rooms, while Gaelhood says he's spotted a back entrance that he plans to cover.

Billson sighed.  "Quickly."

((Obedience rolls might be more hilarious if they're hidden))
(I'll do that then)

Crius and his men quickly move into the building. They discover the place looks like a vacated home turned into a barracks and is currently deserted. (Search: 3) Other than some personal effects of some men, there doesn't appear to be much of interest. Still, your squad bags some of it anyway.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:07 am »

"Shit. Estavez, get Carlos to a safe room and try to help him, and you guys use your goddamn flashbangs next time. Continue sweeping the floor."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2015, 10:25:42 am »

"Move into the station and assist Squad A in clearing the place."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:49 am »

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.  Now move out and move forward; you have a job to do!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2015, 01:34:52 pm »

((Thought I posted already.))

"Maintain position."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 03:59:15 pm »

"Shit. Estavez, get Carlos to a safe room and try to help him, and you guys use your goddamn flashbangs next time. Continue sweeping the floor."
"All flashbangs got recalled by the UNMP Council after the Venetian Doge got permanently blinded by one in a rescue operation last month." Estavez responds. "Closest thing we have are stun grenades but we were trying to save them for the upper levels." Estavez grabs Carlos and moves him to the room that Clarke and Hassan just cleared. (Reaction: 5) Estavez starts performing first aid on Carlos (6 taking off his body armor and bandaging him up. Hassan and Clarke finish doing their jobs. (Search: 6) Clarke finds out a ton of information on the hard drive of his computer. "Boss? The Legion of Gaul already executed the informant. They knew we were coming and most of them already left. Some of this stuff got wiped, but it looks like these guys were trying to finish the job, so there's a lot of info left."

"Move into the station and assist Squad A in clearing the place."
Squad B moves in to find Squad A mainly in a computer room, with one man in the hallway covering the end of it. He tells you that the door on the right the team failed to clear and the leader got injured. Rico and Nikolic (Initiative: 5) drop down some smoke, before using some charges to blow open the door. (Reaction: 3) The Legionnaires in the room open fire, but it's scattered, and they quickly stop to reload. Then Rico, Nikolic, and Ivanovich open fire. (5+1,3+1,6) They shoot down all three men in the room, before looking around for information. (Search: 2) The place is a pretty deserted office that's been turned into a break room. There's not much besides a few couches, a bookcase, and a games machine.

((Thought I posted already.))

"Maintain position."
The snipers continue to look out over the police station. Gaelhood spots two men heading towards the back door of the police station. One is holding a gun, the other, something that looks like an old handheld radio.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.  Now move out and move forward; you have a job to do!"
Your squad proceeds to the front of the police station where they hear some gunfire coming from inside.

Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:25 pm »

Map of station. Not the best, I know. It also looks like a minion with glasses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 04:05:24 pm »

Should that C up top be D?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 04:14:34 pm »

"Take those two out. Prioritize the one with the radio."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6