Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Repopulation -Sandbox PvP MMORPG- Star Wars Galaxies/Tabula Rasa/Shadowbane  (Read 8082 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

This sounds neat... price is just too steep for an early access game right now though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

Picked this up, only got to play a little bit, but it's very reminiscent of SWG and MUD/MOOs in terms of the skill systems and what I've read the PvP/PvE is like.

Definitely looking forward to playing a bit more when I get home, as I'm fairly impressed by what I see so far, after getting tired very quickly of similar games (WoW burned me out on MMOs in general, then in no particular order RIFT, SWTOR, and ArcheAge all held very little of interest, being copies with minimal gimmicks or settings differences).

I was experiencing a bit of video lag, hoping it's just some settings tweaks that will need to be done. EVGA's nVidia GTX 970 should be more than capable of handling it, considering the Hero Engine is fairly old at this point.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been a while since I booted this up.. I don't really feel like its a good game to play alone but I think with a small group (or bigger) it would be fantastic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

In short, it really is in the testing phase of things. Luckily, the game is essentially complete and what it lacks is mostly the numerical amounts of things, I.E. learnable/useful/balanced skills, things to craft. I really enjoy playing it, but i'm waiting for 1.0 so the playerbase will spike and I can really get in to things AFTER the pre-launch wipe.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soo I am looking to flesh out and put together a guild in the time before launch. I am looking for some people who will be sticking around the game for a long time...or at the very least 6 months to help me found the guild and get it functioning. By launch I at least want to have the core founding members together and we can recruit the rest in time...preferably quickly

I want to do it on the hardcore server...but if people wont do that I guess I can take it to the normal server.

Let me know if you are interested and I can go over the details (goals, rank structure, etc) with you!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

I might be interested if I can't get enough friends into this. Many of them played SWG and yearn for a similar game, with the levels of depth that were once a thing, and the sense of not having your hand held with minimal penalties for making a mistake. Hardcore would definitely be for my (and their) preference, as some of them even play EVE, and it's almost like applying EVE rules to a traditional MMO in some cases.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be similarly interested.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome I will post some info soon when I have more than a quick break at work and we can go from there

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

So I took a look at this game because its on sale, and am considering getting it. Some questions to those who already own it; is it pay once/play forever? And also, what's the difference between gold and silver membership, because I didn't see any details on that.

Assuming its pay once, I'll happily jump in. I played Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies, and while I love Guild Wars 2, its a new school of mmo, and im hankering for an old school mmo that i can play somewhat casually.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pay once, play forever. Their income will be based on cosmetic micro transactions. At least that's the aim.

The different levels of membership are better explained on the website and there is more than just silver or gold

https://therepopulation.com/index.php/early-adopter/pricing-app

Also I feel so stupid lol...I literally bought it a DAY after it went off sale...and now...only like 2 weeks later...its back on sale  :'(

The absolute best deal btw is the platinum plus package right now...because it gives you a 3 day head start and $50 for the in store game on launch...and its $75...which really means just $25 assuming you would spend $50 on the game later down the road. Silver is normally $20
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:52:18 pm by dennislp3 »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm in. I'll get it, I'm broke, so I'm getting the silver membership for now. Assuming I'm not hobbled by this (I don't think I will be), I'm going to want to do some heavy PvP later on. The faction vs faction warfare sounds absolutely pimp, and it's available anywhere when you activate your military status. Any protips for a newbie?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now because of the alpha state server populations are usually pretty low...mostly because not all systems are in yet. I would definitely take some time to tinker around during alpha though to get an idea of what sort of stuff you are dealing with.

Leveling skills is similar to elder scrolls games...IE the more you use it the higher it goes

I need to get some info up about the guild I want to propose for you all but I wanted to flesh out a little more before I do

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flash sale at 33% off on steam, but only silver and gold packages available (vice 25% for any tier and additionally platinum and platinum plus tiers available directly from their site).

I'm on the fence. I doubt I'll be investing much time into it for various reasons, but getting silver for $15 now seems like a good deal... But then I have to worry/wonder about how much they'll artificially limit slots (inventory and bank especially, but character and auction slots are also a concern) for non-platinum/plus - it seems highly, highly likely that increasing those things will be limited by real money and not game currency.

Also, what is the function of the "repop tokens"? Skill tree resets?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

This sounds mighty interesting, so I bought a silver.

As far as dennislp3's guild question goes, I'd rather do it on the normal server if it was put together and if I stick around to help with it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

Mostly waiting for the game itself to be finished/fun enough to log back on here.  If folks want to do something on next reset I'm down for it.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 [2] 3