Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

migrating raw changes to new versions of DF

(1/2) > >>

Eldin00:
I'm just wondering what tools or techniques everyone uses to migrate their changes to the raws to a new version of DF? Just copying the changes over by hand is ok when you only have a few changes, but as the number of changes grows, it becomes increasingly tedious to do that way. So I'm looking for suggestions from those who have worked with far more substantial mods than anything I've tried yet.

scamtank:
WinMerge lets you export the differences it detects between two sets of files (say, vanilla raws and Phoebus-imbued raws) into a "recipe" that GNU utilities can understand and then automatically apply.

Or if you don't have one of those handy, manually doing that shit in WinMerge needs three keys. Alt+Down to skip down to the next detected discrepancy, Alt-Right to copy it across.

Vattic:
Can't agree more about WinMerge. I migrate a load of personal changes between versions.

Naryar:
this thread is relevant to my interests.

I'm probably going to go from .40.16 to .40.19 in a while. And I am, as usual, modding the game to my tastes.

Knight Otu:
On Linux, I'm using meld for the most part. I also wrote a python script meant as an options script, but which also helps with the repetitive/predictable mass of changes to the raws I make in my mod(s), such as changing hoof type.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version