Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Captured Wild animals (magical)  (Read 3530 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Wild animals (magical)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 11:56:28 am »

a quick note about firebirds that i use... i have a designated area/kill pit where all caged prisoners go, anything i dont train gets dropped into a 20 z drop into weapon traps, but that is beside the point, for firebirds and other dangerous wildlife, i have an area for special training. i dig out a 3 by 3 room and designate as pasture and animal training with a 3 long passage leading to the room, now that being said, add traps to the entrance and there u go, as long as the room is on stone flooring the firebirds will recapture before doing any damage to the fort.

"Be warned: trained animals immediately become trapavoid, and will stay so if they ever go wild again, making recapture impossible." Bug:6002
Source: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Animal_trainer

That Bug:6002 URL say: fixed in 0.40.01 ................   it is fixed for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 ? This can save me lot of trouble.

i have never had any issues with them being recaptured, so i am guessing this was fixed

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 04:04:56 pm »

to butcher animals you captured, you need to have them trained to atleast semi-wild, so they won't immediatly attack your people once released. You prezz "z" then on the animals list there, you designate them to butcher.

Once you done that, a butcher will uncage them and immediatly drag them off to make fresh meat and bones.

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »

Thanks for all responses :)
Pages: 1 [2]