Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone use anyterm?  (Read 1972 times)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
anyone use anyterm?
« on: December 13, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »

I was looking at anyterm today for an unrelated reason... and I realized that you could probably (ab)use this to run DF remotely!

Anyone gone down this road before?
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: anyone use anyterm?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

Everybody uses webfort instead.
http://urist.is-a-geek.com:8080/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »

PRINT_MODE:TEXT only works with the Linux version, but it's certainly possible to use it to play on other machines through an SSH client.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:47 am »

Well I couldn't get this to work. To even get it to build with a modern gcc required a bunch of include changes and a tweak to an apr function call - and after all thay it just fails to work - probably because i didn't really know what I was doing.

I can't find webfort's page/post, just the github repo and people using it. Linky? I have no interest in using a third-party service/server, I want to host it myself.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:25:15 am »

Building webfort is tricky because it requires 32 bit libboost librairies that for some reason conflict with their 64 bit equivalent on Debian-based systems. You'll have to use a container of some sort.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 05:10:49 pm »

Theres several of these webfort/DFAnywhere/dfterm3 things, and mifki isd working on an abstract server/ios client thingy.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 06:49:57 pm »

Theres several of these webfort/DFAnywhere/dfterm3 things, and mifki isd working on an abstract server/ios client thingy.

I'm aware of mifki's work (and that it's far from complete). Can you point out these others that you must be aware of for you to mention them? I'm not looking for a solution that's half-completed :P

Building webfort is tricky because it requires 32 bit libboost librairies that for some reason conflict with their 64 bit equivalent on Debian-based systems. You'll have to use a container of some sort.

That wouldn't be an issue, I'm quite handy with both deb (and rpm) formats, and LD_PRELOAD and ld.so.conf trickery... or I could just build my own libboost in a private directory. That said it also wouldn't be an issue as I'm more of a CentOS/RHEL guy - I use it at work, might as well use it at home.

Is that github repo the only official site for it? No documentation, wiki etc?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »

Is that github repo the only official site for it? No documentation, wiki etc?

Are you looking at the right repo? Development now is in https://github.com/Ankoku/df-webfort (and it seems in https://github.com/Alloyed/df-webfort/tree/dev), there are even some compilation instructions.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:23 pm »

If you have trouble with webfort you can still use dfterm2 (which although abandoned should still work), dfterm3 (the plugin still compiles for .40.19) or dfeverywhere as far as I know.