Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrong Beast at site?  (Read 881 times)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrong Beast at site?
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:09:07 pm »

I reclaimed an existing fortress, which after a series of small misshaps started getting my feet underneath me and finally had a squad of dwarfs training in the art of shooting stuff, and was starting to plan a second squad of axedwarfs when I was attacked by a titan, which managed to get into my fort by climbing a tree.

I lost that fort, but went back  to an existing adventurer which was fairly close, and traveled there.
started exploring the fort and found not a titan, but a dragon, which I tried to sneek up on, and kill it. I was able to do this, but not before it set me on fire and I bled to death. I did save before attacking the dragon, and I've had a few goes, but I'm unable to kill it without dieing myself.

but anyway, why's there a dragon here and not a wounded Titan?

Should I report this on mantis?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:29:12 pm by se5a »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Beast at site?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »

The titan left, obviously. The dragon's probably stealing items.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:53:50 pm »

Speaking of wrong beasts at a site, I found a giant dingo occupying what looked like a reclaimed lair because it had some coins and an iron footstool. I'm pretty sure animals don't go around stealing stuff, so, it was either sharing the lair with something else or it's a reclaimed lair.

So, I think that may be something like what happened there.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 03:55:30 am »

Maybe they bought a timeshare.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?