Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119696 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Masterwork mod story fort idea
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 03:01:54 pm »

Actually, I forgot that Holiday break is coming, so i probably do have time for a turn.
(Kobolds or Dwarves if you want me to have any idea what I'm doing ;) But I'm up for whatever )

p.s.

Because its not the same embark location. If I make it one world and 8 different locations, people could be watching 8 independant forts that have nothing to do with each other. It would be the same.

I also never did a fort, retired it for 7 years, then continued playing it. Doesnt it have a big effect on the fort?

Oh I meant something different than that, I meant to gen the world once and make 8 independent copies of the folder, then embark in the same spot independently with each race.  Just to save you the trouble of genning extra times.  The retire/embark version might be very fun once we migrate to DF2014 but would be sorta bad now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:06:07 pm by smakemupagus »

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:45 pm »

i also would like to take a turn. any race other than dwarves will do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »

Smake, that does in fact make more sense. :D

And for people that are confused about the civilization of hermits: It needs to be a civ so you can embark in fort mode. Its a very peculiar system, but people really liked it. And it took only 2 days to make. I think I might even try the Hermit.

I think I'll do a proper first post later, and then we can start assigning people to turns. But I'll release the Succubi and Orc changes first, and a few fixes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 03:49:09 pm »

And for people that are confused about the civilization of hermits: It needs to be a civ so you can embark in fort mode. Its a very peculiar system, but people really liked it. And it took only 2 days to make. I think I might even try the Hermit.

I think I'll do a proper first post later, and then we can start assigning people to turns. But I'll release the Succubi and Orc changes first, and a few fixes. :)

It was a joke, but okay.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 03:50:24 pm »

It was a joke, but okay.
I'm GERMAN! WE DONT DO JOKES!
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »

A German woman arrives at Passport Control at Paris airport.

"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.

"German," she replies.

"Occupation?"

"No, just here for a few days."

How many German electricians does it take to change a light bulb?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A man walking into a hospital notices a prominent surgeon and his surgical resident down on their hands and knees digging in one of the flower beds. He goes over to them and asks, “Can I help? Did you lose something?”
“No,” says one of the surgeons, “We’re about to do a heart transplant on a individual health insurance executive and we’re looking for a suitable stone.”
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:52:41 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 04:04:29 pm »

How many Germans does it take to change a lightbulb?

One. We are efficient.

Edit: Omg, there should be a DF poland-ball version. Dwarf ball, elf ball, etc.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 05:16:46 pm »

I've enjoyed German humour for quite some time now.

There really should be a DF polandball version!  Make it so!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:25:28 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 10:29:13 pm »

Ugh, i just imagined a text-based version of bloodbowl.

*The dwarf blitzer blocks the elf thrower in the head with his iron helmet, bruising the skin trough the Xleather helmetX, tearing the muscles and fracturing the brain, and sending the severed part flying in an arc*
*An artery has been torn!*
*The elf thrower loses hold of the +spiked ball+*

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:51 am »

Ugh, i just imagined a text-based version of bloodbowl.

*The dwarf blitzer blocks the elf thrower in the head with his iron helmet, bruising the skin trough the Xleather helmetX, tearing the muscles and fracturing the brain, and sending the severed part flying in an arc*
*An artery has been torn!*
*The elf thrower loses hold of the +spiked ball+*

This reminds me of a turn based rugby game I played back in windows 3.1. You got to pick actions such as runnning, throws etc. and had a line meter showing the position of the ball in the field, good stuff.

Back on the subject. How the timing should go? Will we take a year whevener we want or we'll try to synchronise our turns?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

I'll write up something nice with rules today/tomorrow.

I'd say that people play simultaneously, and once each race has 1 year done I make a major post and compare. If one race gets too far ahead, I'll call in a break.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Players wanted!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:08 am »

Rules and intro is up. Now we need players, and a embark location. Any requests for the map? Flat, hilly? Easy, hard? Ocean, river, lake, desert?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 03:25:23 am »

I would like the warlocks. As for the map... How about a flat, non evil woodland with a river?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 03:32:50 am »

I'll pick Gnomes. I'll have no idea what to do and probably turn my citizens into tables, I cannot wait.

As for the map, let's find a wild woodland by the sea. That would be a good mix of every ressources available, including clay and sand, and dangers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 03:34:26 am »

Ok, added you two.

Woodland and water. I'd add my vote for a river, not the ocean, because freshwater is better than saltwater, and it leaves more space for surface civs (humans/kobolds) to build. Ocean animals also often spawn far out and play no role in combat or hunting, limiting resources for Warlocks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43