Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 118891 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Players wanted!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:03 am »

Not to mention ocean also includes aquifers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 03:39:51 am »

Mod defaults are No-Aquifer, so I think we are safe from that. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 03:45:46 am »

Gamerlord added for Orcs. We got 4 races left: Dwarves, Humans, Kobolds and the Hermit.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 03:50:01 am »

Wait, i though I would get the warlocks...?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:49 am »

you can have them if you want to play the warlocks. i will take the humans.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:33 am »

What the heck - I'll take the Dwarves.  Also, I'd like to request no starting resources as part of the embark - just the three pieces of wood we get from the wagon and whatever bones/meat we get from the wagon-beasts to start out.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 03:59:59 am »

Taupe: Sorry, I read that " I might join, depending on the schedule, and how long you plan to let this project run." as a maybe. If you want the Warlocks, you can have them, but they are pretty tricky to play. I'd download the mod and have a look at them first. They shine in evil regions and anything full of undeads, but are rather hard in the long run.

If than402 is willing to change, you best decided for yourself. Like I said, I'd recommend downloading the mod and looking at the readmes for the different races. :)

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:54 am »

i have no problem at all with changing to humans. i wanted to try them out anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 04:02:04 am »

What the heck - I'll take the Dwarves.  Also, I'd like to request no starting resources as part of the embark - just the three pieces of wood we get from the wagon and whatever bones/meat we get from the wagon-beasts to start out.
:o

The Hermit would pretty much die to any wildlife nearby and go insane from "no clothing", because he starts without any.

Remember that people here play some races for the first time, like Taupe, Boltgun and me... a no item embark is a challenge, yes, but not a good way to start a long-running series of forts.

Edit: I'll update the mod before we start, so you have a few days to decide between Warlocks/Humans etc. ;)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Players wanted! 2 spots left for now.
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 04:13:41 am »

I guess it all boils down to how dedicated and competitive you want this to be. I'm fine going in and trying a tricky race, as long as don't people don't expect me to win.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:29 am »

competitive? i thought we would just run some forts simultaneously... after all, there is no way to war against each other

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 04:23:56 am »

There is no win or lose. For the stories sake I'll add some arbitrary point system (Gnomes fort has the most wealth, Dwarf fort killed the most enemies), but thats not the point of this thread. Not a competition.

The main part with the Warlocks (at least at the moment) is that you have a very limited amount of civ members. You lose one, he is gone forever, and you only have 5-10 to start with. But I wanted to change that anyway before we start to play here. As I said, just have a look, and then tell me which one it will be. Than402 seems more than happy to accomodate your wishes, and he will take the other race.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 05:00:06 am »

:o

The Hermit would pretty much die to any wildlife nearby and go insane from "no clothing", because he starts without any.

Remember that people here play some races for the first time, like Taupe, Boltgun and me... a no item embark is a challenge, yes, but not a good way to start a long-running series of forts.

Edit: I'll update the mod before we start, so you have a few days to decide between Warlocks/Humans etc. ;)

Ah true. I rescind my request and change it to "in a temperate clime, with frozen winters"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:13 am »

I shall play the Warlocks, and die horribly trying.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 06:00:44 am »

All right. I'll add you to the list, and add than402 to the humans. I'll try to get the update done till the weekend. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43