Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119751 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Soon to begin.
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 12:14:38 pm »

Sure thing, I'll start the world in an hour or so. I'll add everyone to the second year too. :) I was mostly waiting for more suggestions on starting location, but I think a woodland with river it will be. Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe a cave...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 12:16:01 pm »

maybe also raise the mineral frequency a bit

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »

☼The Embark Location☼

Spoiler: Worldmap with X (click to show/hide)

As suggested we start in a standard woodland area with a river, heavily forested, thick vegetation, calm. With a cave, an early shelter for Kobolds or a Hermit. Mineral frequency raised from 400 to 200.

Spoiler: Local Map (click to show/hide)

The center of the map contains a cave, you will most likely embark near, on top or in it. The lower section of the map contains a hill with a flat roof. I made sure that it is not higher than 15 levels, this way we can see all z-levels with Twbt. The upper section is filled with a major river, a perfect place for drowning traps or mega-projects. Not the tiny 1-tile ledge at the north, creatures can spawn there, so you might want a bridge at some point.

A new world to ensure the same chances for everyone.

All civs should be alive and kicking. Each civ has at least 1000 members, with Kobolds breeding the most (no surprise here).

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10290

I hope everyone is satisfied with the location. With river, cave and hill; Forest, plants and little ponds it should give plenty of options. There are three caverns, magma lake on the bottom with some candy, as usual. There is little fuel and no iron on the map, so make good use of the alternatives that the mod offers you.

If the major river should cause FPS issues for anyone, feel free to use dfhack to dam it.

Remember: To select your starting civ, you have to tab through the pages before you press 'e' to embark. On the list of civs you can scroll up/down and pick one. Then continue tabbing till the 'neighbours' screen. The top civ on that list will be your currently selected civ. You have to find the right one before you embark.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:18:36 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Lets GO! Year 1 started.
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »

Nice good luck everyone.  I'll take a turn in year 2.  Anything is fine!  Maybe Humans?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 02:51:37 pm »

☼Demons of Lust☼ - Succubi

Seven demons broke through the surface in the year 30. Six succubi and one incubus, who was being pushed around by everyone. He was deemed the Attorney and had to personally speak to visiting lesser races. Padaxe Leafmalign was the mistress of this pack of lust demons. Unlearned and inexperienced, she boldly lead her followers to the surface, not realising the dangers. The good races strive on this light and friendly realm, dwarves and humans, gnomes and elves might soon come knocking the demons back down below.

Illusions of grandeur lead her to forsake all council, ignore all helpful notes and disregard the old wisdom of the grand matriachs. (I decided to not read the manual. First time I play Succubi.) Padaxes astonishing knack for music will have to be enough to keep the dungeon alive.

The dungeon... which at this very moment is an empty, barren cave. A downward passage leads to dark depths of the first cavern, filled with giant mushrooms, lichen, moss and monsters. Monsters many times larger than hedonistic succubi. The demons are followed by their pets, a cauchemar, a demonic horse. A drowspider, taken from the drow underdark. Three Orthi, large and fierce two-headed dog-beasts. Two Nahashes, intelligent and cruel snakes that devour any vermin they find. And one Tentacle Monster, often kept as pets by the Succubi who enjoy milking them for various purposes.

No one seems to bother telling them that this Tentacle Monster is male.

Their gear is simple. Still feasting on the meat and strawberry wine they traded for favours with the drow caravan, the only other items this ill-prepared expedition brandishes are six picks and one axe. Otherwise you only see some skirts, silk stocking and leather corsets, none of which designed to keep your precious skin save from sword, axe or bow. The fungi-wood wagon is falling apart too, leaving three logs of varying usefulness.

Skills are few and far in between. Each demon is proficient in exactly one skill. Masonry, Carpentry, Weaponsforging, Armorforging, Bowyer, Bone Carving and Furnace Operating.

This is the Succubi Outpost Mixeaxeure, 'Runjack', a new Sodom. A new Gomorrha. After we get some interior decoration going in this cave. 

OOC: Is that color readable? Or too much eye cancer?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:42:06 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 03:38:23 pm »

OOC: Is that color readable? Or too much eye cancer?

The bright red is OK, but the dark red, blue, and purple nope.  Maybe just do the headings in color, since they'll be big & bold?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

personally, i find the bright red to be just as tiresome to read as the deep red. i'll be writing my update in white, except for the heading
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:45:12 pm by than402 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »

I updated the first post with some other colors. Limegreen instead of blue, teal instead of purple. Should be more readable. Before I make a decision on how the updates are written, I'd like more opinions. ;) Right now everything is perfectly sorted, but soon we will have 8 forts running at the same time.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 03:45:56 pm »

the new colors are much better.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 04:30:56 pm »

☼World History - Caves, Lairs & Shrines☼

This world is a young one, yet ancient things lurk in the dark. Caves dot the land, passage ways into the unkown depths. Sometimes they give shelter. Other times you might find wildlife that took refuge from the elements. Or you stumble upon a wild tribe of Kobolds, Troglodytes or Gremlins. Beware of these places.

In most you will find nothing but dust and vermin. Fireflies and beetles, and the bats and swallows that eat them.

The caves are truly places of peace, quite and safety in comparison to the many lairs scattered across our world. A lair is home to a great beast, a monster, an outcast; Home to freaks of the night, vampires and werebeasts.

Shrines on the other hand are places of worship. Not of the new gods, these etheral religions... but of the old gods. Titans, embodiements of the elements, Avatars of the world itself.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:39:34 pm by Meph »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »

You can use HTML code for colors, so you can pick any faded color for your updates.

Here's an example.

To use that, add a '#' to the color= tag with an AABBCC code picked here.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

Huh -- what determines whether a civilizable creature becomes an outcast?  Lots of orcs, some kobolds, naga, and frostgiants, but no dwarves or humans.  That's pretty cool.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2014, 05:32:46 pm »

may i pick a larger embark location than 3x3 and just center it around the same spot? i will not make much use of the vertical space anyway...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2014, 05:36:35 pm »

No, rules are same spot, same map. Aboveground races can build easily into the soil levels of the hill, thats why I chose that site.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »

Let's make fun of a few names on this world :

- Ehil Stabbedseizure the human (b.? d. 1) lived up to his name.

- Whip the warlock, just whip?

- "The Velvety Incests, Succubi", "The Incest of Drips, Orcs", united by noble common values.

- Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies the succubus, making wars boring since '?'.

- Dagud Straytoasted the Chocolate Sponge, gnome deity: hospitality. God of cold evenings and chocolate milk.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43