Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119794 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Lets GO! Year 1 started.
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

My incest is much more velvety, and much less dripping. I feel like I have the moral high ground over those savage orcs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2014, 05:42:47 pm »

No, rules are same spot, same map. Aboveground races can build easily into the soil levels of the hill, thats why I chose that site.

ok, just wondering. it's a bit late now, so i'll probably play and upload tomorrow.

Let's make fun of a few names on this world :

- Ehil Stabbedseizure the human (b.? d. 1) lived up to his name.

- Whip the warlock, just whip?

- "The Velvety Incests, Succubi", "The Incest of Drips, Orcs", united by noble common values.

- Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies the succubus, making wars boring since '?'.

- Dagud Straytoasted the Chocolate Sponge, gnome deity: hospitality. God of cold evenings and chocolate milk.

oooh, i love DF names :D the Whip guy must be the warlocks' friendly neighborhood torturer. My civilization is named The Yawning Union. sleeping and boredom are the national sports
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:55:27 pm by than402 »

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »

The Hermit - 31 Year, Spring

After a long travel, Zoden Thokitmesthos finally stopped. He was too tired to go farther. He fell on the ground and a warpstone dice fell out of his hand. Zoden’s mind became clear for the first time since he began his journey. All the friends he found began to fade. They all turned out to be hallucinations born by hermit’s mind, twisted by prolonged contact with warpstone.
The Dice has to be hidden from the world. No one should ever get it. From now on his name is Zoden The Dice keeper.

2nd Granite, 31. Early spring.
From now on I am going to make notes here to keep sane. This warpstone dice definitely harms my mind. Rereading this from time to time may prove to be useful habit.
This cave seems to be a great place to store The Dice. Nobody is going to find me here. I’ll call this place Ruthoshas, “Distantcave”.
After the first few hours my mind is finally clear and I can look around. My short sword is still here, in the grass. I’ve also brought several pieces of cloth. There are three logs lieing around the place, some meat and even a barrel of strawberry wine. I have no idea how I’ve managed to bring it all here. I think my friends helped me somehow. Can’t believe they were mere illusions caused by this cursed Dice. At least my cats are still around.
P.S. I was travelling all that time absolutely naked. This is the first problem I have to solve.

6th Granite, 31. Early spring.

I managed to craft a table and a chair out of those logs. My furniture looks awful, but it is still more comfortable than grass or sandstone.
Now, having a good place to work in the cave, I can sew myself some clothes. Those rolls of cloth I’ve brought with myself should make this task pretty easy.

10th Granite, 31. Early spring.
Being too enthusiastic about my first success in making furniture, I’ve forgotten that I’ve never made clothes before. At least, I managed to sew something wearable.

11th Granite, 31. Early spring.
I am constantly followed by three niths. They are around me all day long. Think they may be hallucinations caused by The Dice.

4th Slate, 31. Mid-spring.

Niths are still around here. My cats don’t seem to notice them. I conclude they are just another creation of my mind. I’ve spent most of my time haulig everything I could find into the cave. Last month passed pretty quickly. But now I need to make myself a proper place to sleep.

14th Slate, 31. Mid-spring.

Today I noticed one of the niths stealing my food. I slashed it in the head and chooped it off. The corpse stayed there for several hours. Seems those niths are real.

28th Slate, 31. Mid-spring.
I finished butchering nith’s corpse. Got some meat and bones. Think I’ll make a shovel and dig several stones out. I need some more place. And a room separate from warehouse. And a kitchen. And a special room for The Dice.

3rd Felcite, 31. Late spring.
Crafted myself a bedroll. It is far more cosy than dwarven rock beds.

7th Felcite, 31. Late spring.

Managed to dig several rooms before my shovel broke. Now I have several sandstoe boulders. I will use them to make some furniture later.

14th Felcite, 31. Late spring.
Crafted one more shovel and broke it. Now I have 3 rooms on the main floor and four on the entrance floor.

22nd Felcite, 31. Late spring.
Tried myself in masonry. Managed to make two chairs and two tables. Used them in bone and rock workbenches. Placed this journal in my future room. The Dice is stored near that room for now.

OOC: I was not sure which style to chose to write my posts. So I tryed to write it as a brief diary and only for the first season. If this is ok, I'll continue writing the same way. If not, I'll try something else.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

ok, i embarked and will start playing tomorrow. here's a little prologue by Ag "The Jack" Strayingmeterons

Humans: A prelude

Journal Of Ag "The Jack" Strayingmeterons, 1st Granite 31

As we reach that god forsaken woodland we came to call "Blockwade"( for Ume's sake...), I can't help but think again about that night and that crazy old bastard that got me here: It was supposed to be an easy robbery, get in, grab the old Dorf's gold while he was asleep and get the hell away. If only i hadn't stepped on that cat... Come to think of it, it wasn't one cat, there were eleven or twelve of the little beasts. What kind of person keeps twelve cats on his house anyway?

Granted, it could have been worse: If that guardsman hadn't arrived, the crazy psycho would have spilled my brains with that big axe of his for sure. On hindsight, I probably should have stuck with being a bard, but it just didn't pay well enough. And by didn't pay well enough, I mean of course it barely paid at all... With that being said, I enjoyed my hobby: I always liked new places and It was giving me a reason and a motive to move out of town before the city watch started suspecting I had something to do with all these thefts.

Thank gods for that Usa lass that wanted some protection for her expedition and for the fact that the Town Watch didn't care for paying my food for much longer, lest i would still be in the same cell with that seven feet tall dead eyed bear of a man. I was always good with the knife and unlike Sir Crazy-Bear, I could put together a sentence that did not contain the word "kill".

So here I am: Stuck with six morons way over their heads in a forest far away from anything resembling civilization, with just a few dogs and that bronze knife for protection from whatever cute and friendly creatures dwell into the woods or in that cave.

Well, we all gonna die eventually. Might as well enjoy this little trip and maybe make sure these fools don't die that fast. If I'm lucky, I might as well be killed by a scorching hot succubus instead of a smelly Olog, so there's a lot to look forward to...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:17:20 am by than402 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2014, 03:16:52 am »

Fuck, how do you combine the game and the separate fort download?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2014, 03:37:45 am »

☼A Succulicious Spring☼- Succubi

The noble girls of Runjack
Obviously the most important task to start a successful fortress is to stand around and bicker and fight and pull each others hairs and start slapping people around, until everyone has their fitting noble title. 'No, I'm the Lady of Pain'. God damn it, you are an Incubus, you cant be Lady of anything. 'I want to be Keeper of Secrets.' YOU!? You couldnt keep a secret if your life depends on it... that one time after I told you about... and then... later EVERYONE! knew it...

And it goes on and on. In the end Padaxes had to randomly throw out titles to about everyone. She herself is the Mistress, which apparently means she has to do no physical labor. Typical. The Incubus got the job of Attorney, Meph that little creep. Sometimes Padaxes wasnt sure why he did join the group of six Succubi. It's not like he could partake in their magma baths or play sessions.

The others got titles like Keeper of Secrets (sure), Apothecary, Whipper and Lady of Pain.

The Dungeon
To live in a sprawling dungeon, we need to dig a dungeon first. An entry passage, a large dining room, seven 4x4 rooms for our demonesses (and that Meph guy), and a bit of space for workshops and storage. This goes well, while one Succubi stays outside, War-training all the animals and killing trees. Interestingly enough we are not alone, a group of three Niths is watching us curiously, until two are ripped apart by an Orthus. One of the snakes, the Nahashe now called "GemUrges HatefulFlutes" adopted Meph as its owner, seeing that he is secluded from the rest, and might easily be influenced by its advise. From that point on, Meph is barely seen without his pet snake nearby, that seems to whisper to him.

The murdered trees have been shaped into beds, so pleasant to sleep on something killed. Into chairs and tables. And into a few cages, who knows what playthings we might catch with them later. Seeing something trapped in a cage, helpless and unable to escape... is something deeply gratifying to a Succubus.

The burdens of a leader - Its so hard watching other people work
Padaxes watches her group labor. Meph is on masonry duty, cutting blocks, grumbling about unfair job distribution, while most demonesses dig, make some bows and shields, butcher dead Niths, make bone arrows and make leather from nith skin. A few mechanism are made to raise the bridge at the entry, which is protected by the Cauchemar and 4 Orthi.

A pack of Dingos has arrived on the other side of the river, watching the female Orthi enviously. Alas, lucky for them, they cant swim, or they would have met a swift end.

And then it happens. Padaxes wasnt sure what caused it, the bad influence of the Nahashe, tiredness from cutting and carrying blocks all day, or just plain stupidity, but Meph dropped a block. He stood on the bridge, and tried to build a wall on its end, stacking blocks in thin air. Stupid Incubus, everyone knows that bridges cant support constructions.

A cloud of dust, several bruised bodyparts, confused pets and general disgust in the lack of sensible building procedurs, he was back on his feet... still, Padaxes will have to watch Meph more closely, just to make sure he doesnt sabotage the entire dungeon. Obviously it had nothing to do with the strong chest and naked skin that shows under his now ripped silk shirt.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:42:50 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:37 am »

You download the save I uploaded and embark on the location that I showed in the screenshot. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146594.msg5889819#msg5889819

than402: Could you please add "Human" to the top of your post? Makes it clearer who it is, since you got no screenshots with tiny humans running around ;)

I tried the color-usage that Vozhban used for the Hermit, with some colored titles here and there, but text in white. I think that works as well, so people can choose. And you can write in a style that you prefer, the Journal entries of the Hermit were perfectly fine. :)

I added links to all posts to the first post.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:42:08 am by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 03:40:38 am »

The fort download is just a save folder, you extract it into your
\\...\MasterworkDF V6.2\Dwarf Fortress\data\save\

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2014, 03:41:48 am »

Gotcha thanks!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:27 am »

Well shit. Had half of spring done and it froze on me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:52 am »

- Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies the succubus, making wars boring since '?'.
Did someone say Stick Unremarkablefighting?

This is a superior quality sand figurine of Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies. 

The item is a superiorly designed  image of Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies the ettin and succubi in sand stone by Padaxe Alilismisuvure.  Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies is  surrounded by the succubi. 
The artwork relates to the ascension of the ettin Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies to the position of Queen of The Velvety Incests in the midspring of 27.   

No one shall make jokes about our Ettin queen.  >:(

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2014, 06:42:17 am »

Posting to watch

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2014, 06:43:00 am »

Gnome, introduction

It has been over a month since Noodles left the comfort of his laboratory to assist in an experiment he believes will totally change the way Gnomekind see the world. Proving the theory of seeds, in which the world is created not by a random whim of a supposed god of blood, but a complex and well defined mathematical formula will finally enlighten the minds around the world, especially those clumsy druids who cannot comprehend that the real exploration is in the fabric of time and space and not in the mud.

Thankfully Grun, king and curator of knowledge was really eager to send him away with a large team. His excitement to see Noodles leave for the wilds was quite visible, it is so refreshing to see that leaders have such an eye for talent. And so was created the Vigorous Societies, the self proclaimed most advanced science club of the university.

The team of no less than twenty gnomes with three wagons moved at a relatively fast pace. Unfortunately, Noodles had to travel with a few naturalists who were to study the wild life of the aptly named Testy Jungles. That would be fine as long as they do not mix with real scientists. In fact, he does not intend to mix with anyone, taking his measures then sending them to the university will be child play.

The travel was not without dangers, obviously food treatment is not reaching the norms considering how often the gnomes keep catching dysentery, that grave about pepperoni and “chease” being a clear sign that germs run rampant in these unwashed lands. Another proof that the druids are plain wrong. To counteract this problem, Noodles only ate specific ingredients, boiled then fried and mixed with an exact amount of antiseptic solutions, much to the despair of the expedition's cooks.

One morning, our gnome's exact 8 hours and 2 minutes of sleep were rudely interrupted by a uninteresting conversation:
- Oi! There is a river in our way, what should we do?
- Wow! That's so huge it cannot be called a river, more like a tiny elongated sea, with clear water.
- What should be do?
- Ford the river!
- But the carts will...
- FORD IT!

The next day, a handful of gnomes lay around a crashed wagon. As expected, the water washed a good third of the expedition that must now survive far down the river. The six survivors started gathering whatever they could to a tiny hill that is surely not hiding anything terrible. Their heart sank when they found a barely conscious Noodles babbling incoherently about atoms and plump helmet soups on the river's bank. As the protocol requires in a difficult situation, the gnomes threw a group vote where it was decided to not throw Noodles back into the water, but they will not move any further. They are, after all in the Testy Jungles and neither can or want to keep traveling. If there is science to be done, that will happen here and the first experiment is “The positive effect of a shelter and food on the lives of seven wet and scared gnomes”.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:07:58 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2014, 07:02:43 am »

Did someone say Stick Unremarkablefighting?

This is a superior quality sand figurine of Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies. 

The item is a superiorly designed  image of Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies the ettin and succubi in sand stone by Padaxe Alilismisuvure.  Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies is  surrounded by the succubi. 
The artwork relates to the ascension of the ettin Stick Unremarkablefighting the Impurity of Strategies to the position of Queen of The Velvety Incests in the midspring of 27.   

No one shall make jokes about our Ettin queen.  >:(

Oh that will be fun if she moves in. By the way I had the exact same bug in my previous fort, trying to build next to bridges. It drowned two great masons, so it is best to take care when designating around those.

Also colored titles works best.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:13:32 am by Boltgun »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2014, 07:21:18 am »

IT WON'T STOP FREEZING UP. FOUR FORTS I HAVE TRIED NOW. WHY. WHY DO YOU HURT ME WHEN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH DF?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43