Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119821 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Lets GO! Year 1 started.
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »

i see i'm to take over the succubi for year two, sounds entertaining and i look forward to it :3
the posts are also enjoyable to read, hope winter gets some excitement
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »

Seeing zach asked for about 4 different races, none of which being human and the only other request was the hermit, shall i keep the ball rolling with Human? Or are we hoping for some of the others to catch up?

According to the first post you're on deck for Warlocks year 2.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Kobold & Hermit Players wanted!
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

I'll take the least wanted race for a year 2. ;)

I'll suggest warlock/kobold for now, but able to switch it up if someone would like to give em a try.

Year 1 i find is too standard anyhow, so pleased i can grab a year 2 spot :P
Yeah, you asked about warlocks/kobolds. But if you want another race, no problem. Just let me know and I change the first post.

Zach123b: You requested dwarves, but they were taken. Next in your line of requests was Succubi, so I added you to the list. I'm actually done playing already, just need to do the write up and upload the save. If you want to save now I can send it to you. :)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »

i got work tonight (next 8hours) but i have tomorrow off, so an upload anytime by then will work :D
ill try to finish it tomorrow if that helps planning at all
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2014, 04:27:47 pm »

Alright, I'll post the winter, summary and the save later today. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2014, 04:54:21 pm »

Kobolds, Spring

The Journal of Asmoth, Tribe Leader of the Bewildering Allegiances, Sworn to the Tusk of Home.

The witch doctors told me that a spell on this ink would cause it to record my thoughts if I used a stick to hold it to this tome. I don't know if it's true or not, I've never heard of one of our kind being able to read. In any case, we have arrived at Patternedswines and found a cave awaiting us as the witches promised. Hopefully it will provide shelter for us until we can construct a few huts.

12th of Granite

Habobi has finally equipped himself with a shovel, but now he complains that some asp vipers are stopping him from digging a moat. I'd gladly send him on a raid against some succubi and see if that suits him better, but there's no point in killing clan members yet. I've told him to dig out a warren beneath our workshops instead so that we'll have somewhere to sleep.

16th of Granite

A group of niths came out of the lower portions of the caves. Their intentions may have been peaceful, but it's hard to tell, since our honey badgers decided they didn't like the look of them and ripped them to pieces. The badgers are mostly uninjured, though once lost her tongue. They did manage to kill both of our shalswars, on the other hand, which is less than helpful.

10th of Slate

We've set up a few tables inside the cave to use as a meeting area and dining hall. Once we can start sending out thieves, it'll make an excellent trophy room as well. It's also a safe haven from all our foes now that the caverns have been sealed off with a wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

20th of Slate

A bunch of alligators have started hanging around in the river. I can't help but think that this is going to result in blood.

10th of Felsite

Those alligators have finally left. Best of all, nobody died!

20th of Felsite

I grabbed a few of the nith bones and started turning them into armour, just in case. The rest of them are going to be turned into crafts so that we can buy a few more shalswars.
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:55:18 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

Cheers Meph,

I'm gonna get the ball rolling on human year 2, as i'm up for a bit of DF atm. Don't know a lot about humans. But unlike dwarves, they SHOULD have cities, so i will be heading upwards!

Not entirely sure about it being made of wood (or so it appears), so we apparently live in a giant shed... hmm.
also, no booze? Yes we arn't quite as bad as those dwarves, but i'm sure most humans require a bit of alcohol, or in some cases... a lot!

I'll take humans, seeing it's available. I'm aware than402 wants it back after a years done :P
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »

Deus Asmoth: Could you please add a big fat "Kobolds" to your post?

Bigheaded: Sure thing. Just grab the save and go ahead, I'll add you to the list. Please use the default tileset, the MDF one. than402 used Phoebus, thats why the grass looks so odd on the screenshots. They use different raws.  (EDIT: Wait a moment, Smake is up for humans in year2... )
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:10:22 pm by Meph »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2014, 05:43:51 pm »

Sorry about this:  My hard drive crashed and I've needed to order a replacement, so I'll be ghosting the forums with this loaner Mac until it gets here and I can get the OS uploaded, DF software re-downloaded.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

☼Weird Winter☼ - Succubus

Here we are, all set. Winter came and went swiftly, barely affecting our dungeon. Two more migrants showed up, a cute couple. We let them stay in the dormitory with the other girls for now.

The Lady of Pain got private quarters dug into living rock, down at the forges. Yes, we have metalworks now. And more workshops. We build stables for the lone Cauchemar and positioned a Soul Wisp at our stairs.

Not much of note happened, the dungeon interior is growing and we managed to delve deeper into the mountain and make ourselves more secure. The demonesses are happy, two even ecstatic, with only the Lady of Pain herself only content. Nobles...

We build many curious new structures, the Temple of Sin, Temple of Fire, Den of Inquiry, Soul Well and more... but we cant use any of them, we lack in resources. What we have in throves is food, water and clothing. Even leather for light armor. Copper for chains, trap components...

With the year finished, lets do a dungeon tour.

Save Download: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10283

Notes for the next overseer: Only one lever exists, it raises the bridge. The lever is in the dining room. There are no stockpile links. There are no workshop profiles. Most people have tons of active labors. We have unlimited water and fuel (heat the forges). The cave is walled-off. There is no military, we rely on cage-traps and the bridge. The reason for this is that we have no good armor materials for fighters, and that Succubi can corrupt captured invaders. For that we need invaders trapped in cages; ergo the many cage traps.

All nobles have what they require, we have a graveyard prepared if the worst happens. No injuries, no deaths so far, but building a hospital would be wise. FPS was a solid 150 for me, all good. Good luck. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »

Cheers Meph,

I'm gonna get the ball rolling on human year 2, as i'm up for a bit of DF atm. Don't know a lot about humans. But unlike dwarves, they SHOULD have cities, so i will be heading upwards!

Not entirely sure about it being made of wood (or so it appears), so we apparently live in a giant shed... hmm.
also, no booze? Yes we arn't quite as bad as those dwarves, but i'm sure most humans require a bit of alcohol, or in some cases... a lot!

I'll take humans, seeing it's available. I'm aware than402 wants it back after a years done :P
Nice good luck everyone.  I'll take a turn in year 2.  Anything is fine!  Maybe Humans?

Hoi Bigheaded, Smake claimed the humans long before you. He is even in the list on the first post. I know he said "anything is fine, maybe humans", so please make it out among yourself. I dont mind who plays what, but I cant just give you the humans without at least asking Smake ;) Just let me know who plays what, and I'll update the first post.

Sorry about this:  My hard drive crashed and I've needed to order a replacement, so I'll be ghosting the forums with this loaner Mac until it gets here and I can get the OS uploaded, DF software re-downloaded.
What happens to your Dwarf-Turn now? Do you want someone else to play year 1?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2014, 06:11:50 pm »

I'm gonna get the ball rolling on human year 2, as i'm up for a bit of DF atm.

Oh, okay, glad i didn't start.  Go ahead, i'll take a different turn at some point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

Smake, would be nice if you could tell me which race you want :P Most are free for year 2. I'll add Bigheaded for Humans now. :)

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2014, 06:26:04 pm »

What do you use for marking up images, Meph?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

The most beloved graphic design program of all times: MS PAINT.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43