Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119795 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Lets GO! Year 1 started.
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2014, 06:42:00 pm »

I cede the first year of dwarves (and an others that come along until I can actually play one...) to anyone who wants to take it.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Anyone wants to have a go at Dwarf Mode?
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »

Ok. I wrote qorthos, he wanted to play dwarves in the second year. I think he'll be happy bummedto take over your turn. Hopefully you can come back for a later turn. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:51:37 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »

I cede the first year of dwarves (and an others that come along until I can actually play one...) to anyone who wants to take it.

Bummer.  I was looking forward to going second and seeing how you did things.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »

Aha, smake beat me to giving up the turn too haha. (original post said i wasn't too fussed, but apparently neither is he)

I'll take it, seeing i can get it done pretty fast anyhow.

Cheers smake!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:58:54 pm by Bigheaded »
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:52 pm »

Spot of bother: the world gen lacks a dwarf civ.  Here's all the playable civs and their respective race:

Umber Confederacy - Gnomes
Brass of Shrieking - Hermit
Spider of Hungers - Orcs
Teal Murder - Warlocks
Melting Gullies - Kobolds
Fed Hug - Succubi
Ticking Kingdoms - Humans
Velvety Incests - Succubi
Matched Sling - Warlocks
Yawning Union - Humans
Buckled Kingdom - Gnomes
Incest of Drips - Orcs
Tusk of Home - Kobolds

And dwarves do not appear on the "Neighbors" list.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2014, 07:50:16 pm »

The Hermit - 31 Year, Autumn.

6th Limestone, 31.
Spent first days of autumn moving things between stockpiles. Got annoyed by niths several times. Decided to catch them first, and only than get to jewelry. Used bull’s bones to create some mechanisms and cages. Will install it on lower floors of the cave. Somewhere near the lowest hatch.

4th Limestone, 31.
One of my cats have given birth to 3 kittens. Hope they’ll be useful. I had enough remains all over the house even before them.

12th Limestone, 31.
Two traps are properly set up. One at the entrance. One at the lowest hatch. Now all I have to do is wait. So I’ll cut some gems, after I craft a bin to store them.

14th Limestone, 31.
One of the niths have given birth to a new one. Right near The Dice. In front of the door to my room. That was disgusting. Hope they’ll get caught soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

16th Limestone, 31.
One more nith have born a baby. This time in my stone stockpile. I hate these little buggers. How much I hate them. I’ll torture them to the death. One at a time. Then I’ll butcher every severed piece of them, cook meat and eat in front of those who are still alive. Why do cats ignore them!?

17th Limestone, 31.
I feel myself tired. Perhaps, I should take a break to make my mind clear again. Lying in by bed, I’ve heard a strange loud noise. I hope that’s my cage trap. Even more I hope that it was nith who activated it, not one of the kittens.

19th Limestone, 31.
Now I definitely feel better. I suspect that was The Dice, what made me so angry couple of days ago. Having a walk to my food storage to take a refreshing dip of strawberry wine, I took a look on my trap. The nith inside have been in there for two days. Without food. Without water. It is still alive. Still alive.
It drives me crazy. While drinking I’ve noticed two more creatures running one after another along the storage rooms. Now I remember why I hate them so much. Have to catch them all. Need more cages. Jewelry can wait.

23rd Limestone, 31.
Now I have 5 niths and one baby in cages. Transferred them in one installed in my room. That’s so great to see them all in one small cage, where they can barely move. Never imagined I’ll be so happy to look at them. Now, to more important things. Tonight I had a dream. I’ve seen a construction. A building of some kind. I should try to build it today.

24th Limestone, 31.
The process of constructing took more time than I expected, but now the building is finished. I call it the sundial. I tried to use it, but it seems that nothing have changed.

25th Limestone, 31.
Finally got to gem cutting. It turned out to be easier than it seemed. I’ve managed to create a large gem from the first piece of jade. But then everything went worse. Only small, ugly crystals. I am upset now. Should go kick a nith or two in the cage, perhaps.
While I was busy working with gems, one of those disgusting abominations have born a baby. Right in the overcrowded cage. Still, I am not very upset with this. The worse they feel – the better I feel.

26th Limestone, 31.
One more birth by a caged nith. Like rabbits. Hate them.

1st Sandstone, 31.
I am done with gems. The most fun part was encrusting large jade gem with a small rock crystal. Now I am planning to carve a bone statue. And then do a bit more archaeology. I seem to have found a relic of some kind in the cave. And only then I’ll get to metallurgy.
Statue is ready. It is really great. I’ve cut an image of Usen, my favorite god and me. Though, I am not sure how I look like, so nobody will ever guess who is on this statue with Usen.
Now I need a chair and a table to make one more workbench to make work with gems easier.

3rd Sandstone, 31.
Today my entrance trap caught somebody. I was sure that was one more nith. But much to my surprise it wasn’t there. A kakapo got caged. I do like this green parrot. He looks much better than the pile of niths in my cage.

6th Sandstone, 31.
I’ve decided to try myself in taming. I’ve given that parrot a piece of meat. It liked food a lot and now seems to like me too. Though I am not sure, whether it likes me, or my flesh. Now I should go collect some fossils.

9th Sandstone, 31.
While walking downstairs to take fossil to my workbench I’ve discovered that a giant fat drowspider got caged in my lower trap. It is red and about four times bigger than me. Probably, I should try to tame it as well as a parrot, but I am afraid I am not skilled enough now. So I should wait a bit and deal with that fossil already.

11th Sandstone, 31.
I’ve spent two days restoring fossils. I managed to obtain several ancient weapons, all made of deep bronze. Zweihander, superior halberd and well-preserved legendary long sword. I think those weapons could be used to build several traps. But that is later. For now, I am finally getting to metallurgy.

12th Sandstone, 31.
While mining cassiterite, I’ve discovered a great mossy cavern under my cave. Should investigate later. But now it is too risky. Maybe after I tame drowspider, I’ll take it with me to the caverns. But later. Much later.

18th Sandstone, 31.
During the past six days I’ve built myself a forge, a smelter and carved a bone mechanism for an ore processor. Now I am planning to burn some wood to coal, smelt some ore and try to encase The Dice into metal. I hope it will lower its influence on my mind.

22nd Sandstone, 31.
I’ve built a wood oven on top of the hill, right next to my butcher’s shop and sundial.

24th Sandstone, 31.
Six trees cut. Will burn them to coal tomorrow.

1st Timber, 31.
Today something rot in the storage rooms. Miasma is all over the cave now. Despite that I’ve finished processing cassiterite. More and more often I think of building a metallurgist’s workshop.

3rd Timber, 31.
Now I have three tin bars and two copper bars. Seems like time to encase The Dice.
While moving bars to storage i've noticed that one of my kittens has tattoes. Think it is The Dice playing jokes with my mind. Again.

4th Timber, 31.
I was walking to get The Dice, but suddenly spotted a reptile woman in my storage. How the hell she got past my cage?! Well, I’ve found it out later. Luckily, I take my sword wherever I go. I quickly sliced intruder in two equal parts and moved down to check the cage trap. And I found another reptile man in a cage. I’ll think what to do with him later. Turned out that my victim slaughtered three of my five cats before I put her to rest. Butchered her corpse and cats’ remains. Nothing should be wasted.

8th Timber, 31.
While I was butchering and hauling, somebody emptied the cage with my kakapo. It turned out to be a cave swallow man. Another one got caged by the entrance trap. Doesn’t really matter.

12th Timber, 31.
I put my kakapo into a newly installed cage in the dining room.

22nd Timber, 31.
I studded The Dice with tin. Can’t remember anything after I brought it to my forge. I regained consciousness on the floor. The Dice was lying nearby. I was terrified. It damaged my mind more than I thought. It made me make a tin picture on it instead of isolating its warpstone surface. Had to return it back to its old place.

23rd Timber, 31.
I think I’d better have a rest until end of the month. Need to clear my mind after the last contact with The Dice.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »

Smake, would be nice if you could tell me which race you want :P Most are free for year 2. I'll add Bigheaded for Humans now. :)

I'll take Kobolds year 2 if it's still open, or the next year they're available.

Cheers smake!

No worries, good luck!!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2014, 09:43:28 pm »

You should probably make this first turn a 2 week thing, seing how this is christmas week and all. I don't have the time to start right now, and as I can see I'm not the only one in the same situation.

Otherwise I'll have to skip my turn over to someone else.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2014, 02:54:14 am »

i should have the second year done within a day or two.  first time doing something like this so ill try to make it interesting

this is done using mwdf 6.1, right? not the new one posted a couple days ago? i couldnt find anything in the first post
and should i post a year summary or seasonally over a some time? one post or is it ok to double or triple post as needed?
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2014, 03:07:46 am »

it's 6.2.  Meph waited until the release to start this game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2014, 05:52:32 am »

Ok, lets clear some things up.

qorthos: You are correct. No dwarven civ, my mistake. I saw a civ in the mountains using the same icon as the dwarf civ. I just checked, its the dwarvish Hermit. I genned the world again, same seed, same geography and all, but with a dwarven civ. Here the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10288

zach123b: It is 6.2, the new one. You can post a 1 year summary, or write out a month or a season or a single day, there is no real time limit. As you like best. Doesnt matter if its a technical description of what you did or a glorious story. Stories are better in story forts though, at least from the readers perspective :P

Taupe: I thought people had more time over christmas, seeing how they dont have to work. The others had problems with their PC, not with their time. Should I skip you and add you to the raster of the second year?

smakemupagus: Added you to the Kobolds. :)

Gamerlord: I cleared you from the first year. Hopefully you can figure out whats going on and come back for a year2 :)

Vozhban: Nice work. :) The Hermit is coming along fine I see.

All this means we need one or two new players for year1. Orcs and Warlocks. If no one wants Warlocks, I could do them. :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:54:36 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Orcs & Warlock players wanted. :)
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2014, 10:21:27 am »

Humans

Journal of Bigheaded the Cheesy

I shall begin with a little about myself, I am 33, cheese maker by profession hence the name, although i dont really care for cheese, which is why i left!
I have been told to tell others what to do, as i've been a public speaker in the past and seem to be competent with talking with people, the last guy apparently never spoke to anyone!

My initial overview, we have a good wall surrounding the place which is a good start. But whilst the fort is new, we need some guards to keep people in order and to keep people who deal with us in order! We need to be strong to survive!
Also, we appear to be making EVERYTHING out of wood, heck we're no better than those elves. We need to build with stone which will last generations! I'm also not keen in living in a shed!
A few people were injured, apparently some frog jumped out the water and attacked, which confirms my thought on sorting out some guards.
There is no alcohol at all, which is a worrying thought. Also, the well has been built over a murky pool which is frankly disgusting, especially considering the river is fairly clean nearby. Still we have many plants which can be turned into booze, i shall look into this immediately myself, mostly so that i can "store" a few for later, one of the perks of the job i say.
I am pleased to see the deceased have been buried underground. Not entirely sure about mining right next to them but still, they are where they're meant to be!

Other than that things seem to be in order ready for some activity
Plan:
1. Sort out some booze, everyone loves a good drink
2. Make the well supply clean water
3. Sort out some form of military in full copper armor (all we have for the moment)
4. If i get time, start looking at building a few houses, possibly extend a few walls

Not done anything, just sorting out what i think needs doing. Which thankfully isn't a lot. So should be somewhat straight forward.
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2014, 10:52:41 am »

☼Dwarves☼ - An Introduction

The King has granted my petition to start a new settlement.  But he, in his majesty, stipulated that we build the fortress far, far to the south of the Mountainhome.  After many months of travelling, myself and my six companions finally arrived at the site.  The site looks promising, there is plentiful water, trees and even exposed gems and ores on the hill face.  With such resources so easily visible, this will be a site of remarkable industry.  I have decided to name the new fortress Gemclashed, in expectation of finding more gems below the surface.

My only concern is security.  The site is too far away from the Mountainhome to rely on them for defense.  We must look to ourselves.  Outfitting an initial military must be our top priority.

I've embarked with:
  • (2) Miners / Rune Engravers
  • (1) Farmer
  • (1) Mason/Stonecrafter
  • (1) Crossbowdwarf
  • (1) Armorer/Weaponsmith (that's me - Qorthos Mesushat)

Initial tasks that I've ordered:
  • Build a Carpenter's Workshop, a Bowyer's Workshop and a Leather Works to start outfitting Saneb the Crossbowdwarf.
  • Mine out some of the exposed malachite that is exposed on the hill.  I'll use that for the first batch of bolts for Saneb.
  • Build farms for Rope Reed, Fisher Berry and Bloated Tubers.

Laying out an initial set of rooms and hallways has fallen to me.  I wish I had paid more attention to my architecture teachers.  How wide should a hallway be?  I dunno, let's make it five tiles with a colonnade.  Those are architecturally pleasing, right?  How many sets of stairs should we build in the central shaft?  Four? 

Spoiler: Initial Fort Layout (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2014, 11:32:11 am »

Plan:
3. Sort out some form of military in full copper armor (all we have for the moment)
4. If i get time, start looking at building a few houses, possibly extend a few walls

Not done anything, just sorting out what i think needs doing. Which thankfully isn't a lot. So should be somewhat straight forward.
If I might suggest a few things: 1. Humans dont need alcohol. 2. Clean water they do need. ;) 3. Copper might be the only material in the ground, but you can buy steel/other materials. Remember, humans are traders, not miners. 4. Good idea, maybe make use of the hill to save build time and surface area.

qorthos: Nice, glad that everything works now. Sorry for the hick-up, I really didnt notice that there was no dwarf civ in that other save.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2014, 11:39:47 am »

Plan:

If I might suggest a few things: 1. Humans dont need alcohol. 2. Clean water they do need. ;) 3. Copper might be the only material in the ground, but you can buy steel/other materials. Remember, humans are traders, not miners. 4. Good idea, maybe make use of the hill to save build time and surface area.

qorthos: Nice, glad that everything works now. Sorry for the hick-up, I really didnt notice that there was no dwarf civ in that other save.

Was aware that we were traders, but other than the fishing industry and i suppose wood industry, we don't generate a lot of income at the moment.
They may not "need" alcohol but they can have some anyway :P
Copper is simply the fastest way of getting 2 full sets of armor. Would intend to buy steel later, but that's more a year 3 thing, for now copper should be adequate, the weaponsmith/armorsmith will need to get their eye in anyway..
Hopefully can get some other items we can sell going.
Was intending to use the hills, although building against hills is a terror to make a perimeter wall from what i've found anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43