Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119834 times)

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Orcs & Warlock players wanted. :)
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2014, 03:04:02 pm »

☼Dwarves☼ - Summer Report

Praise the miners!  While digging a ramp down into a mining area, the miners discovered cassiterite!  Bronze production will start immediately!

Early in the summer, a Longhorn Cow was spotted roaming the high reaches of the hills.  Saneb immediately took after it and unloaded all of his new copper bolts and most of his bone bolts into it.  It bled to death some time later.  About a month after the slaying, we finally got around to butchering the cow.  From the one corpse, we recovered 167 meat, 10 stacks of bone, horns, hoofs (glue!) 28 fat, 16 wool and misc hearts, stomachs and guts.  This will keep us in meat for many months to come!

Not long after the Longhorn was slain, a group of 11 migrants arrived, praise be to Armok, the extra hands were desperately wanted.  New farming, crafting, smelting and woodworking tasks were assigned.  I was also able to offload certain small tasks that I was handling, like butchery, tanning and leatherworking to a crafter.  Amongst the migrants was a young Smith's Guild Weaponsmith named Rerras.  The first thing he asked me was if I had any dwarven zombie meat.  His companions quickly assured me that Rerrars was not, in fact, a cannibal.  He only perferred meat tainted by necromancy.  He also keeps a plump helmet man as a pet.  I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

Spoiler: Rerras's thoughts (click to show/hide)

Later that night, a group of coyotes woke me from my slumber with their incessant howling.  I stumbled out of bed and looked across the river and spotted them on the far bank.  Saneb asked me if I wanted for him to slay them, but I thought it best to preserve his limited stock of bolts for now.

The miner's have begun digging a series of apartments below the workshops and we've begun turning out wood furniture sets above.  Hopefully everyone will have their own bedroom by the end of fall. 

Spoiler: Apartments (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Warlock player wanted. :)
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

☼World History - Worldmap and Camps☼

Surrounded by impressive mountains, unscaleable by any mortal, our garden world is home to all civs known. An evil, yet strangely calm, lake in the center is fed by countless rivers, many of them cutting chasms across the land. Only the human empire in the west managed to build long roads that cross the land and fjord the rivers.

Far away from hamlets and mountain halls, bandits roam the land, setting up their camps to ambush hapless travellers. Only a dozen of these camps are known, so listen well. Take heed of warnings, especially of the dreaded camp 'Scourgedfabulous', run by an orcish Necromancer and his minions.

At the same time, please ignore the 3 yelling kobolds of clan 'Shrieking Books' in the 'Pittedmint Camp'. They are only embarassing themselves. Kobolds. Reading. Sure.

And while the world might be young, it still has much to show us. On our next excursion we will delve into the legends. Maybe we will discover how an Ettin Queen came to be.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:01:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:52 pm »

hmmm, any ideas why print screen isn't working?
All i get is a black box, for whatever i screenshot, i can even screenshot the forums etc fine whilst the game is running in the background.
Any screenshot of masterwork is causing a massive black box to be put in my copy, not really sure why.

didn't have any trouble on normal DF and it seems it's working for everyone else.

As amusingly, i just made a "slag" morningstar rofl.
It menaces with spikes of slag and green jade.
Sadly it was a possession, so not a legendary weaponsmith. He is Accomplished already though (awesome migrant :P )
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »

Twbt might be messing with you. Sometimes I have to tab out of DF, back into DF to get a screenshot. But I never got a black screen.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »

Slag is super heavy, so it might be a somewhat useful blunt weapon...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2014, 04:15:38 pm »

In what world is a morningstar a blunt weapon?  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2014, 04:19:14 pm »

Twbt might be messing with you. Sometimes I have to tab out of DF, back into DF to get a screenshot. But I never got a black screen.

didn't help. what is Twbt? I don't get a black screen, the screenshot is simply a black box when it's pasted is what i meant

Got the ore sorted out, made some pure copper ore now which should work better. Cheers for heads up.

Also, seeing you whack people using the morningstar, surely it will bludgeon rather than cut? The spikes just give smaller areas of impact which make it a little more deadly, or cause the spikes to crack off!
For if you compared it to a sword or warhammer, most people would say it was closer to the warhammer :P
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »

The morningstar is edged. Thats how the raws define it. ;)

Twbt is the dfhack plugin that allows you to see several z-levels at once and adds unique tiles for each item.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

In what world is a morningstar a blunt weapon?  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's blunt and/or piercing in Pathfinder.

;D

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »

Oh no wonder, just noticed we're on 6.2 :-[  Did the new version reset the .ini?  Scrolling at the races tab just zooms now ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »

Oh no wonder, just noticed we're on 6.2 :-[  Did the new version reset the .ini?  Scrolling at the races tab just zooms now ???
Scrolling as in mouse wheel? I always had zoom on that, but you can change that in the ingame menu, or in the data/init/interface.txt.

I didnt change any of it though...

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »

Do you normally use the laptop keybindings?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

The morningstar is edged. Thats how the raws define it. ;)

Twbt is the dfhack plugin that allows you to see several z-levels at once and adds unique tiles for each item.

Might have to put up a suggestion that morningstar quite definitely isn't an edged weapon. It's basically a mace with spikes.
Or just use DFHack to turn it into mithril and have an awesome weapon, i'm sure no-one would notice.

Or perhaps just modify raws to just leave it's only blunt attack in there for my use, and unmodify it when moving it on to next persons go and tell them how to do it lol.

Or just play normally and equip someone with it anyway for lolz.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »

How about leaving it as it? :P After all thats how the morningstar in vanilla DF is, an edged weapon, with low cutting values but high surface area.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2014, 05:51:10 pm »

Do you normally use the laptop keybindings?
Yes, think I just messed up my install.  After rechecking all of the Fortress races in Civs tab, I'm still only seeing the Dwarven civ available.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43