Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119772 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

After integration of my wasp mod can we do a battle of the 9 armies?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I just hit Summer and 5 new hauler monkeys noble Orc clan-mates.  I expect to be finished and written in the next 2-3 days.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Okay, it seems to be working - I can download, extract and create new world. Now I just have to see if I can save and if I can I'm up for the second year of Orcs.

EDIT: WE'RE IN BUSINESS BABY, WHOOOOOOOO!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:17:50 am by Gamerlord »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Perhaps it can be done like dwarves and be added in an additional save.

Okay, it seems to be working - I can download, extract and create new world. Now I just have to see if I can save and if I can I'm up for the second year of Orcs.

EDIT: WE'RE IN BUSINESS BABY, WHOOOOOOOO!

Nice

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I might be able to gen a new world, identical, with wasps in it. But I'd say one of you guys (who developed it) has to play it, because no one else knows how to yet. :P

Alright, finished my first writeup. Any feedback on it? I don't know how to put pictures into forum posts so if someone could tell me how that'd be nice. I'll try and do Summer and Autumn tomorrow then hopefully finish Winter before Christmas.
Picture:
Code: [Select]
[IMG]url of your image here[/IMG], you first have to upload it somewhere. Imgur.com is what I usually use. Then just open the picture in a new tab, and copy the url.
qorthos: Your level 95 image url is wrong. You linked to the imgur gallery, not the picture itself. Should be http://i.imgur.com/FznAQns.png instead. :)

Updated the front post with all links.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:34:30 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, here it is. Selselheshaha. The backwater river town of Utel, the Teal Murders.

Here's the first level of the main compound. Yes I know, everythings discombobulated and weird and.. On a river. I figured everyone else was going to drill into the mountain side or build on the flat ground. I took one look at my warlocks and decided they had the magical fortitude to build on water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here we have the second level of the fort, which I wanted to have most of the workshops on. Houses below, workshops on top. If I could find a way to make it so I had houses below the houses that'd be great, but I only had a year and I have no idea if you can even do that.

Here's the stockpile. It's too small to be useful and I want to move it over to the compound, but I was a little busy with necromantic shrines and housing.

And here's what's left of the wagon. I have no idea why it's like that.. Maybe a troll got to it. Been having trouble with them. Trollble if you will.

A short word to my replacement.. The nobles are not the one's in charge here. That would be Bwem, and his pet fire mephit. That Mephit has killed more enemies to the fort then anything so far. Which is really the only reason I haven't butchered the little thing.

Save Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10306
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:06:24 am by IgnusPoppingtonIV »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well, here it is. Selselheshaha. The backwater river town of Utel, the Teal Murders.
Nice fort on the river, a bit dangerous maybe, but certainly unique ^^

If you put
Code: [Select]
[IMG][/IMG] around the pictures they will show. Atm you are linking to them ;)

Any story? What happened the first year, what did your warlocks do? No character developements? :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph.. I know it's a bit hard to belive this but the most that happened was that the little mephit guy burned a troll to ash. The rest was just solid housing projects. A zombie fell in the water. That's about it really.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I believe you Divayth Fyr :D

I'll add it to the first post. Half of the people are done with their first year then. :)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I've got the kobold year done, I'll post the report once I'm able to upload images properly.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On that note meph, Growable mushroom buildings when? That would be a good addition to Dunme- Erm. Warlocks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Dont think I can do growable buildings... but maybe giant mushrooms that you can hollow out, once MDF is on 40.x is out and someone wrote a script to force-grow trees.

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, take your time mate. You got a crapton going on.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile

Just posting this so I can follow this thread as it continues.

Like what I've seen so far.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

The Hermit - Year 32, Summer

14th Hematite, 32.
I've finally dug out the room, made all the coffins, and buried the animals. The elves are still wandering around outside, seemingly looking for me. I doubt they have the ability to get through a locked bone door though so I'll be fine.

15th Hematite, 32.
I've had a brilliant idea! Once I've made my small entrance room above the cave, I'll place the nith cage in it and hook it up to a lever so the next time any elves come either the elves will kill the niths and my nith problem is solved, or the niths will kill the elves and my elf problem is solved. Or even better, the elves might kill the niths, but take heavy casualties and run away!

20th Hematite, 32.
I've been faced with a significant problem. There's no source of water or brewable plants in my cave and the elves are still outside. I did make that set of bronze armor, and I've realized that there's a legendary deep bronze long sword here that I don't remember getting, but I really don't know if it'll be enough against 13 archers with mithril arrows. My alternative is to try and go down to the caverns, but I've been hearing some horrific sounds down there and know from past experiences that there are some really bad things down there. I suppose I can make a shield while I decide.

21st Hematite, 32.
So it turns out the only way I could make a shield would be to process the raw ores then smelt them and forge a shield, and I probably don't have enough fuel or time for that so I've decided to get my armor on and head to the caverns. Most of the things down there can't get through bronze, I'm pretty sure.

6th Malachite, 32.
I was able to go down to the caverns and drink some water from a very nearby pool. However, there were some horrific, lanky, zombielike things that interrupted me. However this legendary sword just cut right through them and they never got a chance to even try to hit me. It's still quite disgusting though as they had disgusting grey blood and they bled a lot. At least the caverns are probably safe for a while.

21st Galena, 32.
It seems the elves have finally left! It'll be so much faster drinking water from a nearby pond rather than going down the long trip to the caverns every time. In other news for the last month I've been busy preparing another way to solve two problems at once by placing the elven prisoner cages into the caverns. I'll try to link them up soon so if any big threats come in I can unleash the elves on them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43