Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119782 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Yeah the legendary sword was from an archeological ruin iirc.  Great find!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Gnome year 1 : Winter

Lost in the wild with no signal
The situation is stabilized but still pretty bad, there is no choice but to inform of the university. For this, a telegraph must be built, but with so little hands it's nearly impossible. The gnomes have brass bars that cannot be used for the task and need a dynamo for an arc furnace (I suppose this replace the ore processor). Trying to smelt unprocessed ore yield a lot of slag and one copper bar.

Meanwhile a temporary loom has been built to collect some webs, for our poor wounded who finally lef his bed.

Otherwise little to say, with no gnome power there should be nothing left for the winter.

Little hope?
Look at this!

There is an excess of food so perhaps the survivors can buy supplies? Also the gnomes made a piston right at the end of Obsidian and start a new year with the tools needed to build a seismic telegraph.

Tour of the laboratory aka I'm done, good luck
Ground level, with a bridge that can seal the entrance, depot, a few workshop and a small forge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Living area with the farm, a large meeting area, administration and a makeship hospital. The meeting hall has an empty space ready to receive a well, and designation has been made to place the seismic telegraph.

The plan was to build independent laboratories everywhere until death happened, this one contain lenses for the other workshops.

And on top a nature shrine surrounded with fortifications, hopefully it will become a garden one day.

And the graveyard, full of dead gnomes.

Note for the next victim overseer
- Building a seismic telegraph and getting migrant is a priority, the camp cannot achieve anything in this situation. You have the components.
- The trader is in the depot and a barrel of prepared food sent there for trade.
- The smelter is full of slag, have fun with that.
- The meeting area is ready to receive a well. Buying a rope from the traders should complete it.
- The cave is sealed with a constructed floor near the graveyard deconstruct is for FUN.
- The nature shrine's nature communion is suspended.

Vitals and lists

The save on DFFD

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So many dead gnomes...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Any Gnome/Orc/Dwarf players for year 2?
« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »

I'll take the Warlocks for the second year.

Updated first post. This is going way faster than I anticipated, all players but Orcs and Kobolds are done. And we already have 5 players for the second year. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2014, 04:51:54 pm »

I hope that's not because no one else would take it. I'd hate to derail the warlocks just because of my dumb ideas

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

I'll take gnomes   :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2014, 05:15:40 pm »

Don't forget gamerlord for a year of orcs, now that he's got his installation figured out :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:30 pm »

I hope that's not because no one else would take it. I'd hate to derail the warlocks just because of my dumb ideas
No, not at all. I just want to try them out myself, to test the new additions I put in with the last update. Although I do have to say that because of all the constructions you had to do, the workshops and industry is lacking a bit :P Most people dont even have rooms, and there is no military, which is very important to have. You need to constantly run around and kill wildlife, otherwise you get no souls. ;)

I'll take gnomes   :)
I'll add you to the list. Boltgun was just done with his year, so you can start playing whenever you like. The save is online. :)

Don't forget gamerlord for a year of orcs, now that he's got his installation figured out :D
I'll add him for year 2 of the orcs. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Any Dwarf players for year 2?
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

☼Chained-Entrails☼ - Warlocks

The warlock fortress of Chained-Entrails is now exactly one year old. Not much of an obsidian tower or Orthanc yet, but the Steward that ran the place the first year did show signs of creativity. His designs are... controversial. Completely made of summoned ethereal blocks, a living quarter floats above the river. Most apprentices are idling around, but that will change now.

The Master Sorcerer Whip, our vampiric leader residing in his dark fortress, has finally appointed an Overlord for this location. Leghez Deepforked, creator of "Frecklyomen the locks of iron", an artefact thumbscrew, will rule from this outpost.

Leghez Almeyumefteru Treu has been fine lately.  He talked with a friend lately.  He slept in a horribly substandard bedroom recently.  He dined in a horribly substandard dining room recently.  He has complained of the lack of a well lately.  He was caught in a snow storm recently.  He has complained of the lack of chairs lately.  He has been satisfied at work lately. 
He is romantically involved with Tneyn Barbarityoccult. He is a worshipper of Ter and a worshipper of Watheu Questmeteor. 
He is a citizen of The Teal Murder.  He is a member of The Incestuous Combats.  He is the overlord of The Incestuous Combats.  He arrived at Selselheshaha on the 1st of Granite in the year 31. 
He has the appearance of somebody that is two hundred twenty-two years old and is one of the first of his kind. 
He is thin.  His hair is extremely long.  His ears have large hanging lobes.  His large-irised sunken blue eyes are close-set.  He has a broad chin.  His lips are very thin.  His eyebrows are quite long.  His head is somewhat tall.  His eyes are slightly rounded.  His hair is white.  His skin is peach. 
He is agile, but he is susceptible to disease and quick to tire. 
Leghez Almeyumefteru Treu likes glue, spring steel, cat's eye, willow wood and greaves.  When possible, he prefers to consume kestrel, winter bloodberries, prickle berry wine and longland flour.  He absolutely detests cave crabs. 
He has a feel for music, good creativity, the ability to focus and a sum of patience. 
He feels strong urges and seeks short-term rewards.  He is very distant and reserved.  He prefers to be alone.  He is very assertive.  He isn't given to flights of fancy.  He is not interested in art.  He has a good awareness of his own emotions.  He loves new and fresh ideas.  He revels in chaos and disorder.  He does not trust others.  He is guarded in relationships with others.  He dislikes helping others.  He would rather intimidate others than compromise with them.  He would never shy away from an opportunity to say he is better than somebody else.  He is not affected by the suffering of others.  He tries to live a well-organized life.  He dislikes contracts and regulations.  He is extremely cautious.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.  He is getting used to tragedy. 

A dark sorcerer that bends matter to their will and use their fallen enemies to their advantage. They fight with magic powers that bypass any armor.

Deepforked looks over his new domain:

"We lack rooms, military and WHO THE HELL LEFT THAT LEVER UNCONNECTED TO THE BRIDGE?!" First order of business will be establishing a bonecarver and boneforge to supplement construction, the summoning of more ethereal blocks for a large square as basis for our tower, and... hunting these damn skunks. Or langurs or whatever.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2014, 06:13:29 pm »

I would claim year 2 for dwarfs, but I need to get more familiar with Masterwork first.

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

"We lack rooms, military and WHO THE HELL LEFT THAT LEVER UNCONNECTED TO THE BRIDGE?!" First order of business will be establishing a bonecarver and boneforge to supplement construction, the summoning of more ethereal blocks for a large square as basis for our tower, and... hunting these damn skunks. Or langurs or whatever.

What program is that and how do I set it up

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

I would claim year 2 for dwarfs, but I need to get more familiar with Masterwork first.
Best to download and have a look at the manual then. Almost all vanilla DF content is still available for the Dwarves, so you should have no problem playing them. Getting to know the new stuff is optional. ;)

IgnusPoppingtonIV: Its called Stonesense, and its already installed on your PC :P Just type stonesense into the dfhack window, thats it. Masterwork (or to be more precise: dfhack) comes with it included.

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2014, 06:43:26 pm »

I did the thing, and it shutdown. I guess stonesense isn't for me

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Year 1 is getting to an end...
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »

☼Spring of Year 2☼ - Warlocks

This season has been both a success and a failure. Two steps forward, one step back.

One of the first orders of the new Overlord were forming a military. Considering that no one had any combat skills and no one learned any spells, a militia was drafted, including 100% of the forts population. That should be enough to get rid of some skunks. And while 4 skunks did fall, so did 4 of ours. Into the river.

It turns out that Warlocks are not the best swimmers. While the two-headed and four-armed Ghoul managed to escape into shallow waters, two Warlocks did drown. Zippo the Zombie, the fourth victim of the river, stands slightly apathetic at its ground. Encompassed by 7/7 water, he is simply doing nothing. I dont think he minds.

One of the upcoming projects will be the damming of the river, or at least building a protective wall around its banks. Bone blocks are used so far, and to suppl... "GOD DAMN IT; WHO IS THROWING FECES?!!" ... Langurs is the answer. And so the mighty militia of ChainedEntrails was send out again, just to use a considerable amount of time to kill some stupid monkey. Turns out that no one of us has any weapons, with the exception of bonesaws (woodcutter) and picks (miners), which are not used while being part of the active military.

So the next batch of bones, grey langur bones to be precise, was used to make bone axes, bone mage staves and bone wraithblades, to avoid similar embarassing fights in the future. At least this time no one died, and we even managed to rescue the ghoul from the river. And with lots of souls, totems and blocks, we upgraded our workshop arsenal. The roofs of our rooms turned out perfect for this, so we added an Demonic Attorney (buy items/beasts with souls), a second and third Ethereal Gate (summon free blocks/furniture), Emissary Quarters (start sieges), a Hoardmaster (sell items to get souls), an Archeologist (get awesome stuff from fossils), a Blight Fletcher (poison ammo) and an Inscriptor (engrave skills into skeletons).

Also a few basic workshops on the mainland, bonecarver, boneforge, craftsmen and so forth. Some of the corpses were also turned into a new Skeleton and two new Zombies, to replace the 3 members we lost. Technically Zippo the Zombie is still ok, but he cant really do anything at the bottom of that river.

Base Level:

Roofs:

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »

Zippo was the first into the river I think. I remember because he was the first zombie, and he didn't move at all.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43