Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119781 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Year 2 is done
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2015, 08:46:18 pm »

If nobody has spoken for the Hermit I'll take it next. Could someone upload it on the DFFD? I don't do dropbox.
Alright, well as mentioned, DFFD isn't an option for me so maybe you could just use Dropbox anyway? If not then you'll have to get somebody else to download it then post it on DFFD which just seems needlessly complicated.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2015, 11:54:30 pm »

Ok. I'll figure it out. I'm mostly just being lazy efficient.  ;)

(Edit) Got it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:35:18 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2015, 12:31:27 am »

Ok. I'll figure it out. I'm mostly just being lazy efficient.  ;)

You just download the file that was linked from Dropbox, you don't have to get an account or anything. 

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 06, 2015, 03:26:12 pm »

So sorry for the delay! I've been extremely busy, but I'll be able to crank it out tomorrow. Thank you!
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:47 pm »

I can offer the minor update that autumn's been pretty boring for the warlocks. I'll have a proper winter update tomorrow/the day after, plus a save.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2015, 07:59:15 pm »

Early beginnings- Year 33 - Hermit

I awoke again this morning with a start, uncertain where I was. Almost for that matter, who I was. I had had some very vivid, and disturbing dreams. Puppetmasters and strings. I wasn't sure which of them applied to me, but it was not a pleasant dream.

That got me thinking again. I was exposed. Far too exposed. From the relative safety of my bed I went through the layout of my home in the cave. I was entirely unsecured from top to bottom. I was relying on a pair of cage traps from either direction and a good stout lock.

The elves particularly had me worried. I didn't like them. Plain and simple. They had attacked me unprovoked and slaughtered my animals. Perhaps they were after the dice for some reason. A voice in my head agreed with me, while another, probably my doubt, shouted it down, saying it was just an ordinary non-magical item, and the elves probably just hated my guts.

Or wanted to eat them.

The weather outside was chill and clammy, with periodic fog rolling in off the water in the mornings and burning off by mid-day. The small lake I used topside was starting to attract insects, even at this time of year. I checked my sundial, went through and updated my inventory and made some plans. I would need stone, pity I had broken most of it into unuseable chunks in my search for artifacts. But that too had been worthwhile.

I idly patted the sword at my side, it's presence comforting.

There were a few workshops I had in mind, though I considered my situation and thought it might be best to forsake the surface altogether. If I were trapped inside I would have to rely on the underground for food and drink. And trekking back and forth up the cave was very inefficient. I could hollow out a good workshop and living quarters closer to the caverns and use the stone for the aboveground constructions.

And perhaps I could even finally put the dice to rest someplace secure.

On one of my trips back inside for a drink I was disturbed by some strange noises. I came across a pair of strange looking horses from the caverns. Cauchemar, large with reddish skin and vibrant orange hair. And red eyes. One of them was in a cage trap but the other was loose and upon seeing me immediately made for me, trying to run me down.

My sword was in my hand before I even recall drawing it and a surge of anger at this invader in my home enveloped me. I struck out even as it passed me in the narrow cave passageways and scored a vicious hit on it's left hindquarter. The fiery looking horse wheeled and charged me again, forcing me to jump out of the way. Suddenly a wave of darkness pulsed from the sword passing through both me and the horse and I could feel the anger focusing on the beast. It's right rear leg tore open and began gushing red blood, the cauchemar falling to the ground unable to stand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I nearly dropped the sword then and there. I swear I did. But something forced my hand and standing over the beast in one stroke I cleaved through it, cutting it in half.

I passed out then, but when I woke I had a metallic salty taste in my mouth, and some sort of bitter flavor. The horse was on the ground, very dead. The blood was still wet and I put my finger in it and tasted it. Salty. Bitter. That might explain how I felt. So I hadn't hallucinated that part at least. But I simply couldn't trust what had happened with the sword. It had to have been my delusions. I checked the blade to make sure, pulling it out of the sheath. It was quiescent, and pristine, shining in it's dark-tinged golden lustrous glory.

Welp, no point in letting good meat go to waste. I built a butchers shop and expanded my food storage area into one of the smaller upper cavern levels. The other cauchemar seemed to be fairly good natured so I decided to tame it. I tried grass. I tried some greenery from topside. I even tried some moss. Eventually I ran out of plant based things to try. Funny what the horse actually preferred.

Am I comfortable around these things once tamed? Is it really a good idea to be eating cavern beasts and tasting their blood?

In retrospect, um... No.

I spent much of the rest of the season cleaning up the mess, and myself. I even built a small handpump out by the lake so I could fill some barrels with water. Last thing I needed was a siege keeping me from my water supply. Funny thing that pump though. No sooner had I built it then a man appeared next to it.

A very strange exchange.

"Oh, um... hi. What are you?"

"Don't you mean who are you?"

"No, you came from the lake right? Does that make you a pixie, no wait, lake, um... a nixie? Or was that a kelpie? Wait, I think those are saltwater only..."

"No, no, I didn't come from the lake."

"Oh. You sure?"

"Pretty darn."

"Hmm... too bad. Well, I suppose you'd better give me your name then."

"Bob."

"I like it. Short and simple."

"I don't want to hear any more short jokes... I'm sensitive."

"Ah, well. Bob it is then. It's not very sweet though, so that only leaves the other option of course."

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:36:20 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:00 am »

WodanYmirthe2nd is nowhere to be found, no one else has expressed any interest in human mode and the other races have caught up. may I take the next turn as humans? no more speedruns, i promise :P

WodanYmirthe2nd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2015, 04:40:18 am »

Sorry about being absent for a while. Got busy with college. Can I still play fourth year as human? If not, I'll just take the fifth year.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2015, 04:50:40 am »

sure, i just thought you were away. When you do, I would advise you to take care of our defenses, however: we have a wall and bridges, but we also have a hill next to us and the first bowmen that will arrive will tear us up. I have a plan about how to defend the town from such an attack, however, while making it look badass at the same time. if you'd like I could explain it to you.

WodanYmirthe2nd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2015, 05:53:16 am »

Okay, I've checked the map and I'd like to express the following:

• That's a one huge ass river.
  • Them hills need to die a horrible death.
  • I sure hope I won't end up fucking this one up.

Anyway, I'll make an update later.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2015, 06:07:59 am »

Okay, I've checked the map and I'd like to express the following:

• That's a one huge ass river.
  • Them hills need to die a horrible death.
  • I sure hope I won't end up fucking this one up.

Anyway, I'll make an update later.

we've been working on number 2, but the hill is goddamn tenacious. keep on the anti-hill crusade!!!

also, I'd cover the settlement from above if I were you.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2015, 06:28:49 am »

Covering the gaps would provide space to use easily.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2015, 07:14:53 am »

WodanYmirthe2nd is nowhere to be found, no one else has expressed any interest in human mode and the other races have caught up. may I take the next turn as humans? no more speedruns, i promise :P
Sure.

I really have to read up on everything, link the posts and add some new players. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:24 am »

actually, 20 minutes after i wrote this message, WodanYmirthe2nd showed up again and picked up the save, so I'll pick year 5 instead :P

WodanYmirthe2nd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Humans: Year 34 - We need a better place to live into
« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2015, 08:57:21 am »

Granite 1, 34

I'm not happy at what our camping site town's state is currently facing. Many of us are lying on the dirt, we lack proper housing that any human towns will be known of. No one didn't even bother to start any form of industry to keep the sovereign coming when trade caravans are absent. We're in a place where too many fucking hills are insulting us with their... hill-like attitudes.

In other words, this place is a mess. Time to clean it up.

Granite 3, 34

My first order as an overseer is to get some of the lazy slackers that are currently having fun with the livestock to start fishing. We need gold and selling raw fishes by the barrel would be a great source for it. I also ordered a full stop on processing raw fishes for added measure and increase of manpower on a building project that I have in mind.

Granite 6, 34

I asked where the Brick Splitters are and they showed me to the Mason's Workroom. I asked again, adding if they were joking about not having any Brick Splitting Workshops and they said that the Mason's Workroom is the only place where they split stone into bricks. I nearly cried tears of disappointment after that answer and ordered the construction of the Brick Splitting Workshops.

Granite 11, 34

Hill, you have my permission to die.

Granite 16, 34

I started laying down the markers where the new apartment will be. The first floor would be the Meeting Halls and the next floors will be a combination of bedrooms and dining rooms. There's a lot of bricks now after I've ordered a full stop on making bricks on the Mason's Workroom and get our Stone Crafters and Potters to start cutting up stone on the workshops that I've ordered to build.

Granite 20, 34

Stone bricks are coming out by the dozen and there's enough workforce to satisfy the building order. Looks like we'll be able to build the apartment faster than what I'd expect it to be built.

Granite 28, 34

Wow, we really have a lot of hands huh? Looks like this town will be having a place to eat and sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43