Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119769 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Year 2 is done
« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »

Remains of Year 33 - Hermit

Bob has been a huge help around here. We've got the lower workshops cleared and ready and my first building there was a masons workshop. I needed the stone for the foundation of the upper tower. I'm afraid I overdid it on the blocks. I cleared almost all the stone before I realized I had more than sufficient. I suppose it might be useful later on.

The other resource that was plentiful was bone. With the butchery filling up I decided to bake the bones into blocks for construction. A simple ligate material was easy to find and there you go... Granite foundation for the tower, bone floors. I hope to add additional levels, and a proper housing for the dice up there later, but for now the surface is secure. I made sure to strip all useful items and goods from the surface before sealing it up. There is no way in from outside short of knocking the tower down. The original cave entrance I have walled up and concealed from the outside.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, summer was already in full swing by this time and my days were already getting shorter. All this work left me wonderfully focused and I'm happy to report I had no more illusions, er... delusions in the past few weeks. I think.

Of course, my neglect of other matters was apparent. I had hoped to bring up the strange horses as pets, but apparently they needed to forage somehow and starved to death in captivity. A real pity. Still, some nice red leather and cauchemar wool are available.

The giant drowspider and the lesser drowspider are coming along quite well. And I found an amusing way to make them productive. We had a small family if giant moles make the caves at home for a while. They were peaceful. Didn't bother me, nor Bob, though he didn't like them much. But they annoyed the spiders who were tied up in our training area and the whole floor of the cave is littered in webs now. I've removed the moles and augmented my food supply but another family moved in from below.

I found it necessary to have a sealing mechanism for the cavern as well. cleaned up the lower entrance and moved the wood processing area there and have a bridge seal in place to prevent unwanted entry. It should work well. I'm considering moving my quarters down there also, and re-establishing the food production area into this level, to minimize travel time all the way back to the top floors. The workshop floors are only a level above this one.

Workshops above, cavern entrance beneath.

I shall have to beware of the caverns as well. I cannot trust their peaceful nature. Though the horses and the moles are not the only things I have seen come from there other forces are at work as well. While retrieving a mechanism from the elf cages I found that something had released the elves. I do not know what. Gremlins?

Are the elves in league with the drow? Or perhaps the reptilemen of which I have seen and imprisoned two?

The underground lake is my only water supply now and I'm in process of building another handpump to fill my buckets. But I should find a more secure way of maintaining myself hydrated.

I can now hear and feel the draft at the top of the cave. The wind whistles across the flat surface of the tower. The winter solstice has passed just recently and it is time now for the season of renewing. Perhaps the future will clarify my dreams and memories of the strange artifacts I have around me.

Summary:

Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10403

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:01:15 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

WodanYmirthe2nd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 10, 2015, 06:17:50 am »

Granite 30,34

The first bedroom and dining area of the apartment is set-up. If we could keep this place's productivity rate at its highest, we'll get everyone their own bedrooms and chairs to sit on by the end of the Spring!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The rest of the Spring up to the Middle of Summer Season, 34

STOP PARTYING AND GET THE FUCK BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY DIPFUCKS!

Malachite 27, 34

Atop the corpse of the recently murdered hill, the town's wall expanded, allowing us more space to build more buildings. I also ordered the building of two watchtowers near the gates.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2015, 06:00:35 am »

STOP PARTYING AND GET THE FUCK BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY DIPFUCKS![/color]

Don't worry they'll resume their break afterwards.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2015, 11:22:47 am »

Jakob: are you going to finish your turn?  It's been over a week.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2015, 12:19:52 pm »

Added everything till page 29 to the front post and wrote Jakob a PM. Will do more later. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2015, 02:03:44 pm »

Loving this thread. Especially them 'bolds.

Interesting to see some of the races I haven't tried in the same environment: warlocks and succubi.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2015, 03:39:43 pm »

Updated the first post with links to all threads. But we got an inactive Dwarven and Orcish player, the Kobold save from arcvasti seems to be corrupted, meaning that someone needs to redo that year, and we have two finished races, Hermit and Humans, that are waiting for new players.

I need to re-read the thread, and check who applied for what race, and add those to the lists. If anyone wants to take any turns, now is the time to apply.

And if I shouldnt reply in a while, just go ahead. Dont wait for my permission, its an open game. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2015, 03:56:16 pm »

☼Dwarves☼ - Year 4, Summer - Winter

The miasma is really beginning to get on everybodies nerves, and there are far too many corpses for us to get them all. I've begun having them all dumped outside, not even bothering with a burial, but our descent into anarchy is making it hard. To make things worse, many of them are hidden in the clouds of miasma themselves, and I constantly find new ones as I go about my duties.

Soon after, Qorthos was found, starved to death for some reason. With the last of the original band gone, morale continues plummeting, and I order his corpse dumped with the rest of them.

I also go through our list of stocks which is somehow still current, despite the bookkeeper having been dead for a month now, and begin ordering dumpings of literally every corpse and body part in the fort, while ordering the recovery of our other goods.

Some time later, eight more migrants arrive, and more of the originals die. I just hope they die sooner than later, their insanity is making the migrants antsy, and they no longer serve a use to us.

Some Humans also arrive for us to ignore. We finish the statue hallway as well, and I order production switched to coffins, if for no other reason than to shut up the damn ghosts. A child also goes missing, which is a shame... back to work!

And as things just start looking good...

ANTS! ANTS! ANTS IN THE CAVES! OH ARMOK WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ANTS!? RUN AWAY!

(fun fact, I'm irl deathly afraid of ants. )

I have the doors locked and barred and have some peasants prepare to hold off the creatures when we hear loud screeching and the sound of battle outside the door, then silence. A cursory look outside shows many dead antmen, and the survivors running away. They... killed each other?

Well, that wasn't too bad at all.

I also begin expanding our moat, hoping to fill it with water, and as I do so we stumble upon this...

Good Armok! Just listing off all the corpses takes three pages in my stock report. I order them all moved to the dump and prepared for burial. The pile nearly fills the moat! Having it cleared does nothing to help moods, and the moat is filled with vomit, but I'd still rather not have that pile of gore laying in the moat. For some reason though, everybody just drags the corpses out of the moat and then tosses them back into the moat. (I have no idea why, there are no dumping zones there or anything.)

Sadly, this means I can't flood the moat without cursing us with permanent ghosts, so I push the mason's to double time their coffin production and have the miners go dig more burial areas. Hopefully we can get this done before winter.

Slowly the ghosts stop appearing to annoy us, and one by one their bodies are put away.

I'm also happy to report that on our latest census, Nobgost, one of the four remaining Dwarves from before the year 34 migrant wave, has written down that he is unhappy! That is a marked improvement from the “oh god everything is terrible I want to die” answers we've been receiving! Congratulations Nobgost!

In celebration, we play put the tail on the Kobold.

I finally get a depot made and order a clearcut of the areas forests in order to facilitate trade as well. I actually manage to build it in time for the Dwarf traders to arrive, and sell the piles of bloody clothes and weapons we have for food, metal bars and some other goods. The trader makes a hearty profit, and I offer a little to the king in hopes he might send the army to save our sorry souls.

Soon, the last of the corpses is entombed, and I order the moat filled. A dutiful miner runs out, breaks down a wall, and I watch in satisfaction as he scrambles out of the rapidly filling pit.

That is the last real action of my term, and soon I begin looking for somebody to take the stress off my shoulders. We've survived, and I hope my attempts to reorganize will be put to good use.

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! That was real late I know, and I don't have a good excuse this time. Sorry! I tried to reorganize the fortress basically from the top down, and generally avoided most of the special Masterwork stuff as I figured we needed to fix things at the base. Some things I didn't mention which might be important is that I have stone smoothers working through the fortress, starting with the tombs, I began building a bunch of traps at the front gate, we lost some people who ran into the caves and got stuck there when I locked the doors and we're still having problems getting alcohol production up.

I also reorganized jobs so that everyone has a dedicated job and we have dedicated haulers, unlike before when it was pretty chaotic. I think I've generally fixed most of the stuff with the fort, and at the least, moods have tempered.

May I forever be known as the dude who saved the fortress.

Good luck!

Save: http://www.filedropper.com/dorffortofdoom
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:09:32 pm by Jakob »
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2015, 04:03:12 pm »

Save file Jakob?

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2015, 04:09:14 pm »

Woops, just added.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2015, 04:10:11 pm »

Do I understand that correctly, you did Spring only, then uploaded the save for the next player?

And awesome, a cavern ambush. I was waiting for them to show up. :D

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

The game shows that it is 1st granite, 35.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2015, 04:31:49 pm »

Do I understand that correctly, you did Spring only, then uploaded the save for the next player?

And awesome, a cavern ambush. I was waiting for them to show up. :D
No, sorry for being unclear. I did Spring and then the second update I did the next three seasons.

And yeah the ambush was weird. The antmen appeared in a horde and I got a bit scared but they immediately descended on eachother and killed two guys before running back into the darkness. One or two stuck around to scare Dwarves, but otherwise they didn't really do much.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:34:47 pm by Jakob »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2015, 01:17:55 pm »

Succubus year 3 - Summer

Gluttony
The elves have been waiting for their fate for days. They witnessed a succubus assembling gears around their cage, assuming they are going to be executed soon. They prepared themselves for their fate, telling each other about the cycle of life and the forces that built nature. But preparation made way for hours of wait, then boredom. 'What are they waiting for before killing and eating us?' one of them asked.

'Who drank the wine!?'

Padaxe was furious. The barrels of alcohol, so precious for their use in the corruption sessions have been emptied. The mistress ran through the dungeon, grabbing each of her servants by the head, looking for any sign of intoxication in their eyes. But that futile act does not change the fact that she had to wait for her first harvest to raise the army she wish for.

Wrath
But the dungeon is threatened by more powerful forces the thirst, jealousy.

Not mundane jealousy about husbands or jewelery, that would be human business. The grudge that struck the dungeon was supernatural, as the weakest of the late warriors stayed as a flaming spirit to torment her former friends. She crept in the corners until she realized that miners were digging a new training area. Mad with rage to she herself replaced by more capable fighers, she picked an inebriated miner and, turning her hands into claws, struck her in the chest.

The miner ran screaming, holding her right breast in hope to stop the bleeding. It did not take long for the news to spread and a proper exorcism was conducted. There is no pity for the weak and the soul was pushed into hell.

At least this story proves profitable:

Wrath
Padaxe was surprised to learn from the keeper of secret that there was a cache of swamp whiskey in the dungeon. The later did not dare to answer that consulting the stock list she writes all day could save her time sometimes and instead stomped out.

The mistress spent the next days walking through the long tunnels. Now she need some oily substance, the kind of lubricant that is lewd to even look at. She stopped on her tracks when she felt a tentacle creeping on her hooves, cleaning patches of dirt she collected during her stoll.

She yanked the tentacle up, examining the slime that gave these creatures such a bad reputation despite their simple desire to keep their habitat clean, and ordered the substance to be collected in a bucket. Soon the component were reunited, a negotiator was sent into the den of iniquity, and what happened next cannot really be described with words.

Distracted by this achievement, Geurole, an ambitious succubus hit Padaxe on the head with a large book, and claimed to be the grand mistress of the dungeon in front of the newly converted cambions who immediately sworn their allegiance to her.

The two would be leaders then squabbled for hours for the title and ultimately held a vote. Geurgole made plenty of empty promises while her opponent threatened those who would disavow her with a pick. Eventually all the succubi, beside a couple who forgot to deposit their voice, voted against Padaxe and the challenger successfully usurped the title. Bitter, the disgraced leader declared herself whipper and started punishing demons on the basis that they are all guilty of everything that could be done.

Afterwards, Boltgun declared herself 'Guardian of this mess' and reviewed her peers for potential archers. Finding none.

The ecstatic ex-elves initiated their training after a night of partying, drinking and mocking their respective culture. One of them made a gesture towards the prisoner staging area, 'See you soon' one of them threw at the caged humans. The succubi are excited to see the new blood in the dungeon.

And to better mock the cambions former nation, the door to their barracks is made of wood.

Further in the depth bellow, the forges never cool down. Operators took turns in heating the furnaces with their own bodies while the armor smith assembled corsets after corsets, both the lady of pain and the cambions will have their lightweight attire soon. It turns out that there is steel in stock, and so the sword dames will take their revenge on dwarves with weapons made of their holy metal.

Greed
Out of boredom, a gemcutter let the iron clad horse from the human siege lose and pit it against the nightmares. Let's see how it goes.

In the end the horse bit the only trained nightmare in the guts before disappearing under the hooves of the herd. Both the wounded cauchemar and the dead horse are sent down to the butcher.

Meanwhile, the orcs heard of the newly build brothel and paid us a visit. That was the occasion to buy a couple of squigs and alcohol from them. As well as any stuff used underwear could buy.

The orcs noticed that the succubi stepped up with their ost and congratulated Meph for that, but warned about welcoming 'tiny puny elven babies' and 'pinky soft humies' among them. They told the attorney about a band of powerful warriors who founded a war camp called 'Peacedemonic'. The orc could not stop with their stories of 'waaagh' and 'hordes' but still bought vermin for meat.

Rumors tells about bands of succubi are roaming the lands as well, although with moderate success as one of them got eaten by her own drowspider. They claim to be emissaries for a queen. What kind of creature can bring such an undisciplined herd under her rule? Should Runjack be part of this as well? Only the future may tell.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:15:10 am by Boltgun »

WodanYmirthe2nd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Enough with the partying and go to work, damn it!
« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2015, 01:20:33 am »

Malachite 30, 34

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! AT LEAST KEEP THE LIVESTOCK OUT OF THE APARTMENT, YOU HEDONISTIC FUCKS!

Granite 12, 34

The barracks for marksmen is complete. I am going to draft those lazy fucks upstairs and make them learn how to shoot shit from afar instead of fucking around with the livestock.

Granite 20, 34

The caravan from the kingdom has arrived. We've sold a lot of bone crafts for cloth, food, metal and glass.

Granite 22, 34

Some ghost appeared just outside the walls, telling everyone that he's the spirit of the miner who was killed back then. I'd care more if the spirit was violent and stuff but since he's not doing anything aside from sitting there and looking pretty, I'll just let him remain there until someone engraves him on a tombstone.

Granite 30, 34

I finally completed the blueprints for the rooftop penthouse and the second apartment. The office near the gates are too shabby and cramped anyway.

Limestone 1, 34

Mayor, if you're batfuck afraid of people reading your diary, please don't include the entire population in your crusade to ban people from exporting empty books for people to use.

Granite 10, 34

Thank god there are people who can still work without going downstairs to attend the party. This penthouse needs to be completed anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43