Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119788 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)
« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2015, 03:01:17 am »

Oh the joy of preventing carvans from combusting only to see them attacked by their own spiders. They probably left a lot of good in the field. Good job on smashing the humies too.

Nice to see that the human castle brought order back, it's always interesting how different each race is going.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #556 on: February 03, 2015, 04:56:59 am »

I think it's time we added wasps into the battle
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:54 am »

I think it's time we added wasps into the battle

Try taking one of the dwarves saves, abandoning the fort, then getting the gen seed from the legends mode. You can add the wasps then generate the world again.

I'm recommending dwarf save because they are not in the other ones.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 03, 2015, 05:54:11 am »

Tour of Blockwade, Human Fortress, Granite 1, 37.  (End of year 6)

An image of the catacombs around midyear, at the end of the Troubles.
Spoiler: catacombs (click to show/hide)

You gotta be pretty tough to make it as the militia commander around here.
Spoiler: "Galerock in combat" (click to show/hide)

Not much in the way of new public works this year.  Does the Hog Storage Hole count?
Spoiler: "Hog Storage Hole" (click to show/hide)

Everything that's not a hog is stored in this other hole.
Spoiler: Subbasement (click to show/hide)

The headsmens' grim arsenal.
Spoiler: "Arsenal of Blockwade" (click to show/hide)

The complex from above, showing the great rectangular gash of the engineered south canyon.  We don't just strike the earth here, we beat it senseless.
Spoiler: z108 (click to show/hide)

Most of the fort is safely under the roof of the massive complex.  Workers generally spend time in several levels of the Guild Towers, or the newer Forge complex.  Dining halls and the mayor's office are in the highrise Meetinghall Tower.
Spoiler: z101 (click to show/hide)

The marked locations are where battles tend to take place; either in South Canyon near the trade depot, at the Eastgate Square where we ambush invaders with a massive wave of war animals, or occassionally in the Narrow Pass or across the slopes of East Hill.
Spoiler: z100 (click to show/hide)

With such fine artworks depicting the illustrious deeds of Galerock the Negator, the Humans of Blockwade are of course very, very content.  Or else.
Spoiler: "Happy Time" (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2015, 06:28:37 am »

"Galerock the Negator of Humor"

Badass commander name or badass commander name?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:22 pm »

"Galerock the Negator of Humor"
Badass commander name or badass commander name?

She shrugged off both a Death & Decay and a Rite of Pain from the dread orcish sorcerer Azguuruk Smokytorments and still ran him through with her spear.  The massive jagged scar on her left arm is from a duel with an Uruk blademaster (from who we looted one of the two ebony blades our sword humans carry, if I'm not mistaken). 

She likes coffins and nightstalkers.

Circlepatterns is a pretty sweet name for a wolf.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:33:22 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 03, 2015, 01:32:11 pm »

Mayor Kofi. Not actually one of the first of his kind; he was born 6 months after the dawn of time.

Tekpriest Ethra.  She doesn't always eat mastiffs, but when she does, she prefers them to be steelclad.

'Bigheaded the Cheesy', is getting very rusty at both lying and cheesemaking, but is satisfied nevertheless.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:43:47 pm by smakemupagus »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 03, 2015, 06:10:47 pm »

Orcs - Dying of year 4

"Well, sorcerer? What have you to show for your time?"

Gamerlord was in a foul and unpredictable mood and was favoring some new injuries caused by the sudden appearance of a third siege this year. The gnomes had appeared in late winter, coinciding with the arrival of the drow caravan. Unlike the humans the diminuative gnomes had headed straight for the gates and only Gamerlords squad had been ready to meet them there. And the Sacrificial whips, now reduced from 2 stray orcs to one after the battle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The battle was quick. And bloody. Mostly for the gnomes. But it hadn't been a true fight. Such small creatures could barely be considered sporting.

The second squad of choppas had been below, protecting the workers there, for good reason. A string of attacks had injured several who were too slow or too weak to defend themselves. The second squad had already dispatched a Giant bat, a Giant mole, reponsible for killing a woodcutter, four fish men and a wild troll. If nothing else it was good training for them.

Strego stood next to Gamerlord impassively as they stood near the gate. Orcs, uruk and snaga passing by them on both sides, none desiring to step between two of the powers of the warcamp. Finally the sorcerer nodded and beckoned to the warleader.

"Come then, let me show you what has been accomplished. You recall the raiders last year? Infrequent, pitiful and with little to show for themselves."

Strego led him to the workshop where raiders were busy building more boats and gathering weapons. A small pile of valuables lay stacked on one side on a table. The sorcerer showed him several piles of gleaming metal bars, silver, iron, steel. Gamerlord began to smile when the sorcerer opened two small chests and gleaming within were silver and gold coins.

"Best of all..." The sorcerer indicated to the table where a sheet of parchment, skin of some kind, lay stretched. A map had been written on it.

"Where does it lead?"

"We do not know. Yet. But treasure of some kind. We shall see what lies on the far end of that journey next year I do not doubt.

But come, see the rest of the camp now. The pile of junk is now largely gone and in it's place industry. I have walked the dreams of antmen and humans this past year, and now perhaps gnomes as well."

He cocks his head strangely, as if listening to some far off speech.

"We have an excercise yard for your soldiers to train, and a tournament field to practice sport. A proper orcish factory to supply the grunts of your forces and a metalworking industry to support them. You have been busy this year and we have expanded the crematoriums and smelters. We have a small wave of ironbone and sufficient bloodsteel to armor your best, with more coming even as we speak.

Perhaps best of all here is that we have established proper trade with the other clans, setting up the caravanserai. We can now buy and sell, or trade as we see fit. We can ransom prisoners we take on our raids, or put them to work if needed. We now have trade goods and bartering materials and access to far more than we had before. It has been difficult to obtain gold, and silver, and we need more but it will come in time, and the coin will continue to pour in now that we can barter our goods. We can keep raids going year round, perhaps set up a second ship builder as well.

We have housing and food for your forces, soldier and civilian alike. We are training animals for war, and working on weapons of skill and power, such as the wolfram mace you gifted.

Our dead have not been neglected and our glory has begun to be displayed in the memorial hall for our fellows, our children and our children's children to see and remember."

They descended and stepped into a large tomb.

"And I have not forgotten my promise to you. Here is your final place of rest, when that time comes, may you lead our clan wisely and with strength.

Regarding the crafts of old, I have seen some good examples, created by our own. The coffin you have seen, but perhaps the armor you have not. It is made from the very bones of our enemies."

As well as a bucket created by Moku himself. Strange, but impressive.

Gamerlords calloused hands were caressing the gleaming ivory of the armor. It was an impressive piece of work indeed. He was silent for some time.

"It is well. You may have whatever you need for your further studies. I will appoint another to organize the camp, perhaps, and see if they can improve upon your methods."

(Year 3 is complete. Save is here:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10540

I enjoyed the orcs, but it took me a while to get used to all the new buildings. There are more to make that I was working on getting required materials for. Took me forever to get the caravanserai up since we did not have easy access to gold or silver.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:14:33 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2015, 01:33:40 am »

Gotta say I'm impressed Paulus. I'm impressed. One problem though; the guy you called 'Moku', that's more of a family name than a first name. I nickname all my snaga archers Moku. It's easier to find them that way.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 04, 2015, 01:41:57 am »

'Bigheaded the Cheesy', is getting very rusty at both lying and cheesemaking, but is satisfied nevertheless.
Obviously the dude never knew anything about cheese-making. He just pretended to. His shortcomings are only becoming apparent now that his lying skills are dwindling.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2015, 11:13:01 am »

Good to know Gamerlord. I was wondering why there were two Moku in the ranged unit. Granted, I was also wondering several other things when I started. Like, why is there a guy called specifically F You Immortal-D. Or two separate stockpiles that accepted almost everything. I suppose I never did check to see if the front gate actually closed. Heh.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2015, 12:16:12 pm »

She likes coffins and nightstalkers.

Circlepatterns is a pretty sweet name for a wolf.

She also likes glue and sterility draughts.  ???

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 04, 2015, 02:04:30 pm »

Okay, so I'm interested in this. But there's a few things you should know.

1. I don't have any idea what Masterwork DF is. I've never touched it before, all I know about it is that it apparently adds several new races and buildings?

2. I don't know what the status is on all of the races, since apparently the original post isn't up to date.

3. What is this marvelous clusterfuck? And yet, I want to join. Perhaps this is the spirit of a true DF player.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 04, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »

1. I don't have any idea what Masterwork DF is. I've never touched it before, all I know about it is that it apparently adds several new races and buildings?

2. I don't know what the status is on all of the races, since apparently the original post isn't up to date.

3. What is this marvelous clusterfuck? And yet, I want to join. Perhaps this is the spirit of a true DF player.

1. Races, buildings, hfs and creatures some races gameplay is completely changed too.

2. So far, Orcs and kobold are now at the level of other races, humans are far ahead to year 6. Others are free to pick.

3. Just download masterwork df, load up a race's save and tell how great of a trainwreck it goes for you (can't be worse then gnome year 1  :P).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #569 on: February 04, 2015, 02:56:34 pm »

1. Masterwork is a big mod, yes, but if you want to join and play, you "only" have to figure out how to play one race. ;) It adds lots and lots of stuff, but if you can play vanilla, then you can play it too. All the new stuff is pretty much optional. Which race are you interested in?

2. I'll update it later. It's hard for me to keep up with 8 forts at the same time, because I have irregular internet access at the moment.

3. It's a perfectly reasonable clusterfuck.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43