Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *Tezadser* a MW Noob Fortress  (Read 1278 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
*Tezadser* a MW Noob Fortress
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »

I've always been a painful noob at this game, but that doesn't takes my love off it. So what do you think? Do you want to share the pain with me? That's great because here we go!
This is a masterfully designed merman bone journal, in its cover there is a picture of a dwarves and a dwarf. The dwarves are laughing at the dwarves. This image relates to the foundation of the fortress Tezadser by a group of seven incompetent dwarves in the early winter of the year *unintelligible*
Journal of the miner Mate Woundbelched
Today, me and seven other dwarves are embarking in what the mayor of the hillock called "a glorious adventure, in wich you will be remembered as heroes of all dwarfkind".
We were quite exited about this news, but the frozen riversode in wich we embarked makes me think we might had been lied to.
I'd try to recall this name for the anals of history, but can't find the calendar. Oh, well.
The expedition leader, Ast decided the ugly name for the fortress. Seriously, Ast? Tezadser?
((OOC: The name Tezdaser (literally "pothead") came at random. I decided it to let it the way it was))
But well, after all, "dwarf" isn't a very exiting name, either, but we did accomplished many things either way. So we will settle here, build a shelter and we will turn it into a great Metropoli, no matter how many die on the process.
Strike the Earth!

Day one.
Seems pretty peaceful around here, we pastured the oxen near the hills and we channeled a bit of floor as an entrance to the fort. Trees are getting cut and stored in our underground stockpile and-
WHAT IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING IS THAT!?
((In a time before time, the picture of the swamp troll disappeared into the abyss))
I... It's a monster covered in mud and gross things! EVERYBODY RUN!! WE ARE GONNA DIE!! EVERYBODY PANIC!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Oh. Aparently the troll is just minding her own buisness like a little creature of the forest (like velociraptors and similar).
We built some stairs to a lower level to build the workshop rooms and the kitchen and other important stuff. Well. This has been all for now.
May king Eral's light shine upon all us.
Map of the first floor of the fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Tezadser* a MW Noob Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

I had same heart attack when i embarked on map with 3 Centaurs.... but they just disappeared on edge.

Suggestion: Make walking corridors at least 2 tiles wide so dwarf dont need to jump over other dwarfs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:33:35 pm »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »

Maybe read the board rules, too... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.0 :P
Oh... How do I pass it to there?
Or do I just copy and paste it?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:35:26 am »

Go to the bottom left, scroll all the way down... you have a "move thread" button there. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »

Go to the bottom left, scroll all the way down... you have a "move thread" button there. :)
Done.