Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What sort of adventurer do you create?  (Read 2968 times)

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What sort of adventurer do you create?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:20 pm »

I found I can level Climbing easy by jumping around and around a tree and trying to grab it as I'm jumping. Every try to grab the tree to stop yourself will give you 5 exp.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 09:40:00 am »

Block walls train climbing faster.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »

sounds like I should try to find some block walls.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:51 pm »

sounds like I should try to find some block walls.

I can imagine an adventurer climbing all around the walls of the town keep and scaring the shit out of everyone.
Regards,
Dampe

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

I like making inept, Lester the Unlikely-type adventurers, with 1 in every attribute, no skills (except maybe swimming and reading), usually elves, as jumping off tree houses is loads of fun - never know when you're gonna die outright or just break all your limbs.
Trying to kill people is fun too, as practically everyone is stronger than you, and most soldiers blow you off if you try to get them to join.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »

Human Peasant Male. Maxed Agility, High Strength, minimal in most other stats except Kinesthetic Sense, Spatial Sense, and most other "Body" stats. At least novice in Ambusher, Observer, Dodger, Swimmer, and Reader.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »

I often play as a demigod swordman, but sometimes, i play as a completly unskilled and unarmored guy. Literally.

A human peasant with no skill selected.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »

Anybody create famous characters from fiction/history?

I would imagine a Van Helsing type character would fit in quite nicely in this world of nosferatu and night creatures.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

I create a living tank with max points put into Armour, Shield, and Misc. Object User (except for points in Observer and Reader)
I then wield as many shields as possible and it is glorious, if disconcerting to carry 20 shields in each hand.
thincake

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »

Anybody create famous characters from fiction/history?

I would imagine a Van Helsing type character would fit in quite nicely in this world of nosferatu and night creatures.

I actually do that often. I think its more funny to imagine a famous character like Sauron or Simon Belmont crawling around on the ground with every limb broken, yet still biting and tearing peoples throats apart, than some generic human\dwarf.

VoxieG

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember me, friends?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:04 pm »

I like to play as peasant dwarves; I prefer stories of ordinary people becoming gods amongst men to stories of people who are already gods amongst men just doing what they do.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 10:56:37 pm »

Well I decided to make a character completely based on being the whole tank everything guy with the knife. So I'm a legendary shield user, no dodging dwarf, with an artifact platinum shield, covered in masterwork steel and giant lion or tiger leather, with an artifact steel large dagger as my weapon. I've been mostly just blocking tons of attacks and then chest bashing with my shield, while my two companions kill off the enemy, one's an axe dwarf, one's a spear dwarf. Once in a while I've been doing great stabs into the head. Some enemies pass out from exertion before I do much.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2]