Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is it okay if I heckle people via PM if they are late to post?

Yeah. It's the best way to have a game actually continue.
- 6 (46.2%)
Sometimes. Only do it if they are late a lot.
- 4 (30.8%)
No. It is never right to hassle people. If you don't like it, tough luck.
- 0 (0%)
Just skip them.
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 19, 2014, 08:13:18 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to GM  (Read 11061 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Roll to GM
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:18:21 pm »

This RTD is different from most in a few ways:
1. There is no lasting GM. Every 3 turns, the GM will rotate to the next person on the list.
2. I'm serious, there really is nothing I can do to stop you from doing what you want as GM, except all of us agree you're doing something wrong. All I really have power to do is update the OP.

There are rules youll have to follow, though:
-You must give up your GMship when your time is up. That means that after posting your 3rd turn's results, you have to announce that you're giving it up to the next person.
-You must give up your power only to the next person. You cannot choose who to give it to.
-You can only affect what's happening in the game world. You can't kick players or increase the length of your GM time.
-Don't cheat or fudge the rolls.
-Don't for force people to take certain actions, or bunny hop their characters.
-You cannot change these rules unless everyone agrees.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Class (choose any medieval fantasy one):
Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:
Perception:
Description:
Bio (optional):

You can add 16 points into your 7 ability scores, with a maximum of 5 points in a score.  You already have 1 point in all scores, so in the end they should all add up to 23. Three points in a score is considered average. The number that you have in your score is the amount of dice rolled when that applicable ability score is used. Sometimes an average of two different ability scores may be used if both are applicable. The dice rolled will be a d6, and the number of succeses needed and the number that you have to roll above will change depending on the situation. A person's max HP is determined by rolling a bunch of d6's equal to his constitution score. His HP is the total number. Some classes, like barbarian, may get a modifier to HP or a ability score, whether positive or negative.

Fighting/spells:
Whenever a wizard wants to cast a spell, he can actually make something up, and the GM will decide what how hard it will be to pull off. The roll for a spell to hit and for the casting of the spell are the same roll. Roll low enough and the spell may fizzle or back fire, while a moderately low roll will just have the spell miss, with the chance of hitting another target. Wizards will use intelligence for their rolls, while clerics will use wisdom. Remember what type of spell aster you are when you cast a spell. A cleric casting magic missile is just... wrong. Fighting will be determined by one person trying to get more succeses than his opponent's armor class (by which I mean exceed his armor class, not that the armorclass will roll a counter roll). No armor is a 0 armor class, hide is 1 , leather is 2, chainmail is 3 and plate is 4. Any non-standard armor has the armor class of whatever the person who was the GM at the time decides. Certain classes like monk will have abilities to cancel out opponent's succeses with dexterity rolls of there own. All attack rolls with melee or ranged weapons will be with Dexterity unless stated otherwise. There are three type of damage: slashing, piercing, and blunt. Some classes are restricted to certain types of weapons, like clerics. Slashing weapons do an extra d3 damage on anything with an armor class of 0. Piercing weapons treat anything of armor class 2 or less as an armor of one armor class less (2 turns into 1, 1 turns into 0, 0 stays as 0). Blunt weapons will permenently knock an armor down one armor class if you make more than double the armor class number of succeses. All these will be modified by the size of the weapon. Small piercing weapons will only ignore an armor class of 1, small slashing weapons will only do 1 extra damage, and small blunt weapons will have to get more than triple the armor class. Medium weapons are not modified. Large piercing weapons will bring down any armor at all down one point, large slashing weapons will do an extra d6, and large blunt weapons only need to get 1 more success than needed for hitting the target to lower the armor class. All small weapons deal a d4 damage, all medium a d8, and large a 2d6. All ranged weapons are considered to act as firing a small piercing weapon. Arrows cannot be used as melee weapons.

Last but not least:
   When a GM is the first to be presented with a new class from a player or in an adventure, once he decides it's bonuses and special abilities, there will be no changing of its abilities by other GMs unless everyone agrees (except for that one GM who made it in the first place). Also, when a person is given the GM title, his character disappears and the last GMs character appears. Therefore, a GMs character cannot be harmed or interacted with in any way, and will be able to resume as his normal character when he passes his GMhood to some one else. No NPC will freak out about this, for some reason. When a new player joins, he/she will appear in the party. The current GM will be the one who decides what inventory a person starts out with.

There is a maximum of 6 players, and there is no wait list:
1. Tomasque
2. Salsacookies
3. taat
4. NAV
5. Kingbodz

Anyway, let's start the story: The party has been give a quest to go into the abandoned wizard's tower, and slay the evil lich Xyron there. It is rumored to be somewhere in the Dark Forest in the west side of the town. Eager to adventure, they set out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:01:27 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to GM
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

((Why is no one signing up? Did I forget to put in some detail?))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:17:27 pm »

((Why is no one signing up? Did I forget to put in some detail?))
The thread is just new.  People will sign up, just wait a little longer.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »

Like me, once I can copy and paste stuff, i"m in.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 02:15:27 pm »

When can you copy and paste stuff?
Money!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

Name: Jack
Class: Brawler (Warrior who specializes in punching things)
Strength:4
Dexterity:4
Constitution:3
Intelligence:2
Wisdom:2
Charisma:5
Perception:3
Description: A lean-muscled, tall fighter. Has brown lambchops, mustache and mohawk. Currently shirtless, and wearing a heavy coat and leather pants, with wrapped up hands and boots.
Bio: An accomplished prize-fighter, he has learned to use words as well as he uses his fist. While he was recuperating from his last fight, he hears of the expedition, and decides that being a legend would add much more to his prestige than being a grand-champion. He can always be both a champion and a legend, but legend status comes and goes, grand-championship is more stable.

I hear of this expedition, and ask if I may join.

"Eh, where ya goin'? May ey come?"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:09:17 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 02:49:10 pm »

Sheet

Name: Henry
Class: Guard
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 5
Consitution: 3
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 2
Charisma: 2
Perception: 5
Desc: A Generic grunt, But seems like an experienced one. Blue eyes and short, dark gray hair matching the color of the thin beard covering his face. In his late 20's
Bio: After working long in a generic guard post guarding a generic trading post, he realised he has become overqualified for such unfulfilling work and has decided to join the adventuring party. His long time catching thieves has taught him to run fast and to recognise the faintest clue of escaping criminals.
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 03:00:55 pm »

I'll start once we get 1 or 2 more people.
Money!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »

Name: Wilford Wellington
Class: Weather wizard
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Consitution: 2
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 5
Charisma: 2
Perception: 5
Desc: WIZARD LIVING IN HIS WATCHTOWER WHO CONTROLS THE WEATHER WITH MAGIC WORDS AND WANDS.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:42:21 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 03:36:57 pm »

I'm in sounds like fun.
Character Sheet:
Name: Darius Weisshaupt
Class (choose any medieval fantasy one): Spellsword ( warrior with some magic)
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 2
Constitution:5
Intelligence:4
Wisdom:2
Charisma:2
Perception:3
Description:  Tall and broad with green eyes, brown hair and great beard that goes down to his chest. In his early 30s.
Bio (optional): A experienced fighter who has some knowledge of the arcane arts. Joined the party on orders from his master to find any kind of magical artifacts or tomes in the tower.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 03:55:01 pm »

Okay, starting now.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 04:33:02 pm »

All:
You and the rest of your team have just finished your quick meeting behind the town library. You have agreed to take 1 hour before you pack up and set out on your adventure. This is a moment when you can buy things, loiter around, or get information about where you're supposed to go.

Inventories & Stuff:

Salsacookies:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
taat:
NAV:
Kingbodz:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:47:54 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

Go to the shop and see if they have armor for sale.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »

go to the shop like Darius
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:02:40 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 07:01:56 pm »

Get a hat.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7