Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Replicating alcohol reliance

(1/1)

Kolnukbyne:
Is it possible to have a substance that is separate from alcohol that dwarves (Or any other chosen creature) are reliant upon and 'cannot get through the working day without'? For instance, would I be able to make a list of caffeinated drinks and make goblins reliant upon them somehow or is this something hardcoded into the game?

This is a purely hypothetical question so I honestly won't be that bummed if I can't get a definitive answer or it's not possible. Would be nice to know, though.

Though I'm starting to think of some interesting applications for such a thing.

scamtank:
Alcohol behavior is super super hardcoded, sorry buddy.

Kolnukbyne:
That's a bummer. Thanks for the info!

Agent_Irons:

--- Quote from: Kolnukbyne on December 17, 2014, 05:31:39 am ---That's a bummer. Thanks for the info!

--- End quote ---
What you could do if you were feeling devious is make all coffee for the goblins actually alcoholic, and restrict goblin access to booze and dwarf access to coffee. I'm not sure how you'd do that, the new brewing reactions are opaque to me.

IndigoFenix:
It wouldn't be exactly the same, but you could give them an interaction that caused them to become drowsy, then give coffee a syndrome that prevented this interaction from taking effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version