Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to GM OOC thread  (Read 1513 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Roll to GM OOC thread
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »

Well, this is pretty self explanatory. This is where anything out of character will go, notably discussions on a classes/magic items powers and votes to change such stuff.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to GM OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:03:41 pm »

First, I'd like to answer what Salsacookies asked.

When you're the current GM (or in his case, given permission because the GM's who had the responsibility forgot) you have power to decide what special abilities of the classes that are created at time do - unless the classes have already been used before. If they have, give them the special abilities that they were given before. When you do give new classes special abilities, as a rule of thumb, try sticking to something around a 2 good traits:1 bad trait ratio. Here are some examples of special abilities:
 -A small 2-3 bonus/penalty to a persons health
 -Increasing/decreasing the difficulty by one for any (most likely specified) skill checks made by the character.
 -Allowing characters to do actions normal characters could not do, like dodge arrows or use extremely exotic weapons or armor.
 -Allow them to substitute one skill for another when making skill checks.

There are many, many more things you can do. The sky's the limit here.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »

SCRAPPED
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:28:55 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »

Well, the point is that you can make any class you want as a player, and the current GM will come up with some bonuses. That's why I left it open on what they were or could be in the OP.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »

Wait.. Never mind. You wrote "classes so far." I didn't see that.
Money!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:15:56 pm »

Weather wizard. Not weather mage.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:21:43 am »

Badda-Bump
Money!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:32:19 am »

Classes:

Brawler-Prize Fighter
-Please The Crowd: He naturally fights to entertain the crowds and demoralize his opponents. Fighting normally, however, is a bit harder to him, since he likes to add that extra flair.

-Fist Is All I Need: He fights with his fists, and is really good at that, with him tying his foes in knots and knocking them to next week. He prefers to fight with his fists, since he's a bit cumbersome with regular weapons.

-Tough Skin: Through his years of being through beating after beating, not much affects him that much.

-1 Too Many To Head: He's a bit on the dumb side, even though he can talk well enough. However, since he's already light-headed, mind affect spells don't affect him as much.

Guard-Generic
-Decent at Anything: Whatever you want him to do, he can do it. It's not a masterpiece, but it works.

-Boring: People tend to get bored of him rather quickly. It has it's advantages though, he can literally talk someone to sleep, and others yawn when fighting him. It's not really that interesting.

-Town Talker: Being a town guard, he knows his way around the towns, and can get some unexpected blessings from that.

-Law bringer: Being a keeper of the law, seeing somebody blatantly break a law really grinds his gears.

Weather Wizard-Blizzard Wizard
-Head Up In The Clouds: He tends to just "not be there" when you need him. He also tends to bring up odd and unnecessary topics often. However, something may come up that's so crazy, it just might work.

-Blizzardmancy: Hailing from the grand mountains, all things cold and windy are his domain. Brrr, anyone cold right now?

-Arcane Connoisseur: Being a wizard, he know what's quality, and what's crap, when it comes to spells and potions.

-Magnificent Bastard: Behind his odd façade is the mind of a grand mastermind, destined to rule over everything. He's cunning, and he knows it.

Spellsword-Arcane Swordsman
-Swords and Sorcery: So, Warrior OR Mage? How about Warrior AND Mage.

-2-Sided Confusion: Being a practitioner of two very different arts, it becomes difficult to do that technique without accidentally casting fireball. Leg sweep and, oops, your legs seem to be on fire.

-Multi-Task Master: Writing a book while fighting a monster while keeping a gem full of magic WHILE keeping that baby dragon from waking up? I though you we're giving me a challenge!

-Epic Beard Man: His beard is awesome. Bask in its glory. BASK IN IT!

Dark Knight-Reaper
-Your Soul Is Mine: He takes the soul of the unfortunate doner, and gains health, information, and abilities from it. Doesn't last very long though.

-Why Don't People Like Me: Regular people do not like you. At best, they tolerate you in silent anguish. At worse, they run for their lives in your presence or drive you out of town.

-Psycho Power: You control negative, evil energy. Bison would be so proud.

-Greatest In The Shadows: You shine in the shadow, this is your zone. When in darkness, you are king

Tinkerer-Clockwork Savant
-Me and My Buddies: From spare parts, a little magic, and a lot of imagination, he can create robots and gadgets to help him and his friends.

-Tick-Tock Talk: Knows how to talk in clockwork, which helps in talking to machines. Others will think your nuts, though.

-The Grander Scheme Of Things: Being accustomed to seeing the greater of something's sum and guessing well from what he's seen of others, he can use his greater sense of critical thinking for tactical and strategic uses and puzzle solving

-Ahead Of The Time: Great or no, he's clearly ahead of the proverbial curve, so he won't find much of what he needs, and most just won't understand him.

Barbarian-Conanian Highlander

-Double-Hefting: You dual-wield daggers? I DUAL-WIELD WARHAMMERS, BEAT THAT!

-Power Shout: FEEL THE POWER OF MY VOICE!!! BOOM! *Guy gets sent flying*

-What's A Draft: You're cold? I don't understand, what is cold?

-Your Sorcery Confuses Me: He is completely unable to decipher any written language, complex or arcane language, or SPEAK WITHOUT SHOUTING! He can still throw potions around, and make them if he knows some shaman recipes, though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:05:57 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 12:56:23 pm »

Well, maybe the Brawler can attack twice per turn at a +1 difficulty as long as he uses some sort of weapon like brass knuckles or punching gloves, or uses an unarmed attack. His weakness, though, maybe that if he uses any weapon other than a brass knuckle/glove weapon, he'll get a +1 to difficulty on any attacks made with it. Since he already has that health boost he seems like a pretty well rounded character.

The wizard already has a health penalty, and gets a -1 to any difficulty involving identifying or using magical objects. Both of these are just attributed to wizards in general, so his next bonus should probably be something that gets him to stick out as a weather/blizzard wizard. Think of something here.

Once you got that, just keep on thinking what sort of bonuses and penalties you'd attribute to the other classes, and write them somewhere for for everyone to see and I'll do my job and put them in the OP.
Money!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 07:21:12 pm »

I propose 8 players before we begin waitlisting. 1 for GM, 7 for seven samurai/cowboy type vibe.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 05:51:35 am »

Could I get in with my character? The big, bulky and bad barbarian would really like to punch some things in your world.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

Got some traits and descriptions written up, what do you think?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 11:28:33 pm »

Where are the camels? I love it.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 01:31:00 am »

That's awesome! I love how you left it open for each GM to see differently! I guess this means you're allowing Saber in, and I'm okay with that, so my best guess is that he's in. Welcome to the game, Saber.
Money!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »

Changed my character's appearance. He's no longer albino and he has a mustache, for extra charm
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2