Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A simple cheat  (Read 3175 times)

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A simple cheat
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:38:51 pm »

By the way, I did this in like 5 minutes and know nothing about making tables.  Luckily this was easy enough that even I could do it.

Assuming that you already have Cheat Engine, it is very simple to put yourself into easy mode.  First grab the appropriate plug-in and lock onto the game (crimesquad.exe, naturally). 

Now the values listed are not going to be the right, because the game's address changes every time it boots and frankly I don't know how to make CE autosearch for things.  Luckily manual search works just fine so here is what you do, all based off info from the wiki (this is much easier than it sounds, trust me!):

1) Begin a new game, make sure to leave selecting your own past is left on (default is on unless you change it)
2) At the first question flip over to CE and do a new search for the number 3.  That's your base intelligence before answering any questions.
3) Hop back to LCS and answer "C" to first question, which gives +2 to your intelligence, bringing it up to 5 (even though you can't see it... yet).  Flip back to CE and search for the number 5.  That's the current address for your intelligence. 
4) Now go look at the bottom half of CE and you'll see your stats, which currently all read 0 (or something else equally wrong).  Now you're going to fix that.
5) Right-click on the ADDRESS of your INTELLIGENCE stat to pull up the special actions menu, then from that select "Recalculate new address" from there.
6) The second tab will read "Change to address" and - the cool part - CE will have automatically copy & pasted the address from your above search into the field.  So now all you have to do is select "Change" and ta-da!  All the stats are now the correct numbers.  You may now finish answering the rest of the questions however you like.
7) Once you're done with the questions and the game begins you can go to the VALUES tab on any of those stats in CE and make them whatever you want, up to and including values of 500+.  Obviously this raises your skill limits considerably, as well as your combat ability and (most importantly) the speed in which you learn skills.  Though skills do have a separate cap built into the game (something over 200+ or so IIRC), it's pretty obnoxious and won't cramp your newfound godlike powers in any way.

Also: The "juice" value in that CE table is broken & will remain so, so don't mess with it.  I never bothered to fix or delete it.  I'm just lazy that way.

With uber stats you can do things like stab tanks, sneak past TooMuchCoffeeMan, pick locks at Fort Knox, charm & seduce eunichs, out-drive helicopters, and maybe even convince the President that the world isn't flat, who knows?

Note: This doesn't make you bulletproof!  You can still get killed in combat if you try to solo six Firemen butt-nekkid with a plastic spork.  However, with uber stats you should never need to personally get in combat at all if you don't want to.  Ideally you'll quickly make your leader into the new Lord Vivec and retire him/her to some secluded heat-free hideaway doing nothing but speed-training new recruits for eternity.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
Re: A simple cheat
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:14 pm »

I asked for a table on the CE forums ages ago, this could potentially help with yours.
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 06:36:58 am »

Only on Bay12 is a 10 step process, with caveats and requiring downlaods and installations considered a "simple" cheat. :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kodiologist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:02:47 am »

LCS is free software. There's no need to use Cheat Engine or something. If you want to cheat, just edit the game code to your liking and recompile.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »

LCS is free software. There's no need to use Cheat Engine or something. If you want to cheat, just edit the game code to your liking and recompile.

One could argue how easy it is to use Cheat Engine, and edit your skills whenever you want -- and it's fairly easy, so no coding knowledge is needed.
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

I have now made a terminator who is a master of the every combat style known to man, can learn skills at super speed, and can easily bypass the bank vault. Also a master of seduction. Never gotten caught, as my driving skill is in the 50s.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:45:54 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:02 am »

Being the insane person that I am, I went ahead and modified this to include every skill, and a handful of crimes, which handily let me use the same method to set using vandlism counts instead, an easily visible and manipulatable number, so you can mess with any character you like, and reset it when you reload the game. It also makes juice work. Maybe. Sometimes.

<Warning: The Fun is In Danger>

Just copy this into a file called crimesquad.CT and load it instead.(Too lazy to upload it anywhere)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you wanted to you could also copy-paste the character group and have access to multiple characters at once ... for whatever reason.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:47 am »

Hell, manipulating the save file is even more ridiculously easy.