Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A LOTR modification in the making  (Read 624 times)

brg3386

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A LOTR modification in the making
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:40:26 pm »

I've been working on this LOTR based mod for a bit now. It started off as a personal project, but I feel that if I had some help, this could turn into a proper mod. I'm quite limited in experience, as it was my first shot at modding, and I just learned as I went. I'm looking to be as true to the book as possible. What I do not aim to do is for it to be set in a world that resembles Middle Earth nor do I want to depict the history of Middle Earth. I intend to portray all the races and various aspects of The Lord of the Rings, with the setting taking place inside the chaotic nature of Dwarf Fortress. A side goal of mine is to depict weapons and armor realistically. As an example I've started balancing the not so great weapons such as the scimitar. If anyone is interested with helping out, send a message my way, I'd be extremely thankful.

As for the actual mod, I haven't a clue when it will be in a finished state. So far for races I've got Gondorians, Rohirrim, Noldor, Sindar, Orc(with Uruk-hai being a caste), the Dunedain, and the three main Dwarven clans: Longbeard, Firebeard, and Broadbeams. They are all castes under a single Dwarf(Khazad) creature. I've changed ethics so the Elves won't war with the race of Men, though there are times I see in generated worlds where it happens. Other features are just little changes I won't go over at the moment as I haven't even begun to write them down.
I'd greatly appreciate ideas and any input at all.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: A LOTR modification in the making
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:00:17 am »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::