Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HappySlapp's "Skillfully making things" thread (16 - It Just Works)  (Read 12629 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: HappySlapp's "Still making things" thread (10 - Overdue Fondue)
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 04:13:20 pm »

I’ve heard good country music (Johnny Cash, for example) and bad country (can’t think of any specific examples). Most of the genres I don’t like are the more niche ones like noise music, which is just because noise music gives me a headache.
And I get genres mixed up myself (I can never remember the difference between Synthwave and other techno, although I should probs just look that up), but the rest of my family introduces me to a lot of new ones, since they all like a bunch of more niche stuff, so I know a more of those genres than I would otherwise.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
HappySlapp's "Unlocking things masterfully" thread (11 - Mr. X Strikes again)
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 04:46:10 pm »

I played through Leon's story in the Resident Evil 2 remake (Aka: My first RE game) and I gotta say, it's probably one of the best horror games I've ever played, now I actually really wanna play the other RE games.

Also in other news, I uninstalled Fallout 76 until it has something of actual substance to do.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what? Minecraft is probably at least in my top 3 video games of all time.

Every time I come back to it, it just eats pretty much all the time I could.be using to be productive, but I don't even regret it.

It's just such an engrossing and full experience. It inspired me a lot to make my own games, because I want to give people those same awesome experiences that I've had with games over my 21 years of life.

It may not be the best game ever, and some aspects are not even that great, but it has stood the test of time incredibly well, more so than many other games.

I think I'm gonna go and play some more.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HappySlapp's "I craft things sometimes" thread (13 - Making things, brah)
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 10:31:17 pm »

I've been working on a resource pack for Minecraft since the last time I posted, I've only worked on it off and on while doing some other things as well, but I think I might devote more of my time to it, because I definitely need the practice for my pixel art skills.

Here's a picture of what I got done so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some of the art is a little sloppy, but I think I've done a pretty solid baseline to build off of, let me know how I could improve it if you have some tips :D

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

Huh, cool. Looking forward to more of it.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna post more pics of my resource pack later today, already have a lot more to show, I'm also gonna try and refine some of the textures later today too :D

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HappySlapp's "I craft things sometimes" thread (13 - Making things, brah)
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:30 pm »

I made a lot of progress on my resource pack today, got way more to be able to show than last time :D

Everything's going smooth, I even refined the grass/dirt texture, because I felt like it could look a bit better.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

Looks nice. I like the new grass/dirt tiles.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been a good four months since I posted, and I've made a lot of progress regarding a mod of mine for Fallout 4.

It basically introduces a ton more perks and even traits to the game via a framework called LevelUpMenuEX, I'm making a new update which rebalances my entire perk list, and the vanilla perk list, so that they provide a more fun and varied gameplay experience :D

I'm also planning on adding a respec feature, and maybe other things as well, ptw for more soon!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I'm sorry for the unrelated post, but the first I saw of the thread was the post a few posts above, and I gotta say - country is one of the very best genres of music to exist. Most of this "new country" people speak of barely even registers as country at all - it certainly has very little (often nothing, apart from maybe a big hat) to do with the real deal whatsoever.   

Apologies, I just had to make my opinion the truth of such matters known.
I don't play many videogames these days, and barely any of those are single-player, so the questions of mods isn't terribly relevant to me.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem, dude, I happily invite deviations here :D

I've always liked old country songs, like Glen Campbell, for example. It does have a very nice tune to it, which "new country" doesn't have a lick of.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

I’m real fond of the country music that I know (mostly Johnny Cash because my family all likes him), although if you have any recommendations for good country, I’d love to give it a try. I always need more types of music to try out.

Oh, also, the Fallout mod looks real neat. If I still played Fallout these days I’d try it out, but I haven’t been playing many open world fighting games lately. I also do not remember the actual genre name, so...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:48:58 pm by Kamani »

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HappySlapp's "Fos Ro Huh!?" thread (15 - Getting *Beyond* It)
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2019, 09:29:34 am »

Got recruited for the Beyond Skyrim project!
I'm a scripter, quest implementer, and exterior/interior designer :D

So happy to be able to help recreate one of my favorite fantasy worlds ever!

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HappySlapp's "Skillfully making things" thread (16 - It Just Works)
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:14 pm »

I have finished many updates to my mod You Are SPECIAL since I last posted, and I just now published an update which adds skills :D I've been working really hard at making sure they work correctly, and don't fuck up people's games, and I'm quite proud of it!

You can check out You Are SPECIAL here :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]