Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UPDATE - MasterworkDF V.6.2 - Succubi, Orcs and Warlocks (and bugfixes)  (Read 6304 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey everyone,

First update after a long break. Its a round of bugfixes for everyone and three larger additions for Succubi (done by Boltgun), Orcs (done by Smakemupagus) and Warlocks (done by me). I can't say much about the Succubi and Orcs, but I can give a quick overview for the Warlock changes.

Warlocks are now much less rare. You most likely embark with 6-7 Warlocks and way less Ghouls or Skeletons. Your 2 migrant waves will also consist of mostly Warlocks. Warlock-Vampires have been removed, since they often killed your rare and precious other Warlocks. This should make the mode much easier, because you have ~3 times more spellcasters.

You have a new civ-member, the Zombie. A slow and cheap worker, mostly for hauling. They cant learn any skills, but you can make them just by using 3 corpses/bodyparts and some magic. ;)

Ghouls can now be upgraded with additional body-parts. Two headed ghouls are more sturdy and cant be one-shotted, while four-armed ghouls can carry more weapons and shields and are better wrestlers. You can also add both, for the currently best ghouls version.

Skeletons have been changed as well. They no longer become uncontrollable when away from Warlocks or Pylons. Instead they get slower. Build a pylon network to speed them up again.

Dwarves:
Dwarven fire mages should be fire-immune now.
Dwarven water mages should be cold-immune now.

Humans:
Humans can no longer buy Rat Things from Succubi. These have been removed.
Humans can now buy Decay-Brutes instead.
Added missing reactions to Human Alchemist. You can now make artificial gem stones and create ironbone/bloodsteel.
Fixed some prices in the human mineral/rock merchant.
Hopefully fixed Knight-to-Paladin transformation. Shouldnt spam transformation messages around now.

Warlocks:
You can now check the learned spells of a Warlock at the Scribe.
Removed vampires from Warlocks. They were too difficult to micromanage/killed to many warlocks.
Raised pop-ratio of Warlocks, this means you embark with more Warlocks and less Ghouls/Skeletons.
Graveyards in Warlock mode can no longer be scoured for items.
Restless Walkers have been removed, Zombies have been added instead.
Zombies are civ-members and can do labors, but they can never learn any skill. Cannon-fodder and haulers.
Prisoners now arrive as "caged prisoner". You can decide if you let them out (spawning a creature and a cage) or if you keep them as "caged prisoner"
"Caged prisoners" can be tortured for info, 20% chance the prisoner dies, 80% chance he leaves intel or an item.
"Caged prisoners" can be corrupted into Ghouls.
"Caged prisoners" can be executed and bissected, spawning a cage and 1 head, 2 arms, 2 legs and 1 torso.
Torsos can be butchered for 8 meat and 1 leather.
Heads can be butchered for 1 totem and 1 scalp.
Legs can be butchered for 3 meat.
Arms can be butchere for 3 meat.
In addition these items can be used to upgrade Ghouls. You can attach a head to create a two-headed ghoul. You can attach 2 arms to create a 4-armed ghouls. You can attach either one to an already upgraded ghoul to create a two-headed, four-armed ghoul. These can be powerful fighters, wielding several weapons and shields, while at the same time being immune to one-shot head-shot kills, since they have a second head+brain.
Fixed lots of spells that the Overlord couldnt learn. He can now do many more of the reactions that were previously limited to "Warlocks", not "Warlock Overlord".

Gnomes:
Added pet values to Gnomish pets. No more free mechanical animals at embark.
Fixed "Open crate of magnetized iron bars" reaction.
Added Pyrite back to normal gems, used in gnomish reactions to make diodes.

Succubi (all changes done by Boltgun):
Added a reactions to check a creature for powers and upgrades.
- A free job at the temples of sin and fire will allow you to see what you gave to a succubus.
- The same reaction is available at the orcish altar of storms and the warlocks central library.

Other changes
- Fixed typos in the manual (thanks Greycat).
- Bloodworms should grow on the surface of evil biomes.
- Fixed the gender swapped leader names.
- You can now brew magma at the still, it requires the still to placed next to a magma space.
- Added blood production, sausages, etc. to the kitchen.
- Stygian bronze is now made at the metallurgist forge.
- You can now clean rusty iron and steel at the metallurgist forge.
- Added concrete reactions to the slag pit.
- Mind thief's effects are now temporary.
- Restored a missing speed buff from the entice + pheromone secret.
- Summoning HFS will no longer create demon dogs
- Updated the black rose and blood worm sprites
- Obisidian colossi, spirit or fire and frost wraith are no longer intelligent when summoned.
- Human corruption should be working again.

Creature changes
- All the succubi are now fire immune!
- They are also immune to cold and dragon breath, this may change in the future.
- Removed the fireborn caste and its reaction.
- Removed rat things to make space for future updates (applied to humans and hermit too)
- Renamed shothoth spawns to decay brutes.
- Liches and fire maidens special attacks has been disabled for now.

Workshop changes
- Esoteric orders are now Eerie glowing canals
- Abyssal temples are now Infernal chambers (also applied to the kobold version)
- New power: Group phasing. This teleports succubi towards a single target.
- You can make leather whips at the tanner shop.

Bugfixes
- Caravans should no longer spontaneously combust.

Technobabble
- Added RACE_GENDER castes to civilized creatures to make gender
interaction more future proof.

Orcs (all changes done by Smakemupagus):
Orcs can now check learned spells at the Stone Circle.

V6.0.OF1

* Orcs grow to full size when they reach MDF adulthood (5)
* Mumakil have tougher skin and are more pain resistant (like Ologs)
* Bugfix: stickbomb usage hint (Attack)
* Remove NO_AGING (which doesn't exist?) from orcish magics
* Balance (nerf): ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD replaces ITEM_SHIELD_KITE domestic, nethermill
*! Factory can still make both
* Continuity: remove kobold bola thrower from tribal crafter
*- Add domestic atlatl
*- Remove S&S atlatl
*- Expand S&S javelin options
*- Falcon society is now spear and atlatl ("peltast") - mod item and reac
* Balance (buff): Dawnstar & Evenstar enchants req only dreamtali, not soulgem
* Warclaws striker skill rather than dagger
* Damasc mithril battle & great axes; reax & entity
* Balance (buff) Bazaars require less furnature, added gold and silver bars, only Shadowbroker still requires human captive
*! Should be able to build on average, at least one bazaar per successful merchant shipping raid (more if you melt coins)
* Arcane forge uses weaponsmithing for "forge" reax.  "weave" reax are still runesmithing
* Continuity: cavebear society use dwarven axe
* Remove redundant "corsair arms" weapon item
*- Revert freelancer sales to pistol
*- Allow freelancers to add dagger to pistol to create ITEM_WEAPON_AIRGUN_BAY
* Balance (buff) increase rare loots for high-end gambling at tavern
*! Silver loot (gems) added additionally to gold stakes table
*! Silver and Gold loot (maps, longboats) added additionally to platinum stakes table (prisoners, raidgear)
* Dwarf Laborer can additionally mine for coal; reac and entity
* Human Laborer can additionally fence counterfeit tin, zinc, or lead coins for real shillings
* Simplify all foreign toolkits to a single type ITEM_TOOL_KIT_OUTLAND
*! Affects a number of reaction reagents; products of raids, bazaars, etc.
* fix: tribal crafter and soulgems should accept blood in pots, not just barrels
* Change to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY][LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED][TOLERATES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]

* rename the magic weapons along the following principles
*- adjective describes the spell enabled rather than a caste (since all mage castes can use each weapon anyway)
*- noun is "magestaff" for both that use missles ~~ "sigilblade" for both that use shards
* simplify dreamers' ammo, subbing out reax that involve ivy tendrils (redundant with missiles, both SPELLDRUID) and doomshards (redundant with bladeshards, both SPELLWRAITH)

* add Gnomish Labor Cell building
*- Gnome captive item; add to raid loot
*- Gnome labor makes diode from galena, pyrite, or copper-acid
*- Gnome labor makes outland toolkit from (diode, pulley, abacus, & hourglass)
* add CRAFT_PUMP_SET_ORC steamfoundry, entity permit
* remove outdated Prototype Golem reax steamfoundry, entity
* add DIODE and pulleys to loot table for gnome raid; removed automata parts from rare loot; increased odds of mech xbow
* alternate path to animate automata with bloodmagic or gnome-tech (soulgems or diodes) steamfoundry,
* Forge turrets using automata, brass, iron, ammo, outland tools; steamfoundry
* forge ratchet crossbow at Heavy Weapons Armory with gnomish device (previously the most unloved barbarian tech building?)
* upgrade musket to blaster with gnomish devices @ Heavy Weapons Armory
*- ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER is a musket and uses gunner skill, but fires magic missles instead of bullets
*- several reax to make blaster ammo (magic missles) from steel and diodes + etc.
* Add HWA blueprint chance to Gnome raid loot (rare)

* TOBACCO_RAT_WEED_ORC at goblin muckraker - note i removed the dimension:150 from dwarf version - need test
* SMOKE_WATERPIPE_ORC at rogue tavern or meadhall

* Warpstone -> acid @ blacksmoke
* Synthetic kaolin @ blacksmoke

* add stage 0,1,2 graphics to boneforge
* add fuel requirement to ironbone/bloodsteel bar creation
* blood, bonemeal to fertilizer(6) @ boneforge
* TRAIN_SURGERY2 on skeletons -> bonemeal @ anatomical theatre

* Debug error log typos etc. induced by above

Experimental changes to fix/roll back to fully functional magic

* Fix: Revert dreamwalker specialization and spell learn reax to MDF3.x version - actually drop boulders, don't rely on "Rebalance project" lua thing
* Fix: item_shield: Remove dreamcatcher materials and replace with stormcrystal, necromantic, and medicine dc items
*- inorganic_z_orcfort: add to the ITEMSYNDROME material
*- reaction_orcfort: switch all dc craft, loot, and trade reax
*- remove lunacy dc from entity (phasing out spell - is meh compared to the other options)

V6.0.OF2

* custom CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD (snaga & orc peon /uruk & olog hai /dreamwalker novice)
* enabled several dozen KOBOLD_BURN__* reactions at kiln related to greenware firing
* created corresponding shaping reax at Muckraker
*! i think that we don't need separate reax for each type of clay, trying using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT instead
* created several leaded glaze inorganics (neutral, turquoise copper, scarlet iron, and white tin)
* reax for applying leaded glaze @ kiln to jug, statue, large pot, crafts, and any object
* reax for creating leaded glaze @ muckraker

V6.0 OF3
* Molten pit batch reax accepts any iron bearing stone, not just pure iron
*! want to include limonite and magnetite which have no way to purify
*- slightly debuffed iron bar production, increased rusty iron byproduct
* Removed SACRED_ATLATL_ORC reac permit (reac not used anymore)
* Sharkey's Firewater @meadhall improved slightly (no longer decreases agility)
* Blackdraught Mead @meadhall improved greatly (much longer effect, added [SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_EPIDEMIC][SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_BLOOD_PRESSURE])
* bug fix: steamfoundry reactions fixed (brass mechanisms don't exist at forge - use brass bar plus any mechanism instead)

To do:
? Make industrial orc buildings require power (steamfurnace, factory, etc.)
* fix muckraker graphic - has gnome in it or something

Known bugs:
* probably messed up the TwbT graphic overrides when I added the ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER

Hermit:
Added Chickens to Hermit embark pets.
Added males and females of pets to Hermit embark.
Added Ore Processor to Hermit.
Fixed sundial / sundail typo.
Hermit "Past Regrets" that you bury now evaporate, leaving no trace. If you want to avoid ghosts, you can still engrave slabs. (or use dfhack)
Added bronze, steel, ash, coke and pig iron making to the Hermit smelter.

General additions/changes:
Updated Plump Helmet Man Mod by IndigoFenix. This adds Spore Thralls, the plump helmet men might plant mind-controlling spores into your dwarves now.

Added procedually generated engravings, done by Wastedlabor. His stand-alone mod can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143949.msg5675559#msg5675559. I added 50k engravings (thats not a typo, its 50.000 engravings) which can now be toggled in the GUI under "more engravings".

Added information about praying and its effects to human and hermit manual sections.

Added information about magic and mages to the dwarven manual. Check the Altars, they now list what exactly each mage can do.

Fixed "Work out - Easy" reaction. no longer wastes bars.

Notes: No, this update is not save compatible. No, this update is not using DF40.19. No, I dont know if/when I make that update.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - MasterworkDF V.6.2 - Succubi, Orcs and Warlocks (and bugfixes)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »

when are you gonna update too 40.20?
I will fight you.
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:15 am »

^ that would probably require a complete rewrite of everything.

with the planned hiatus, my estimate is that it will happen in 8 months.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:15:17 am »

when are you gonna update too 40.20?
I will fight you.

Dat update!

I guess the massive ammount of raws and script modification will require a month of modding session, or to release alphas without extras.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 04:27:16 am »

Ghouls can now be upgraded with additional body-parts. Two headed ghouls are more sturdy and cant be one-shotted, while four-armed ghouls can carry more weapons and shields and are better wrestlers. You can also add both, for the currently best ghouls version.
Oh my ghoul! (I had to say this)
Hermit:
Added Chickens to Hermit embark pets.
Added males and females of pets to Hermit embark.
Yes! YES!!

Thanks for the great work man, time to make new fortresses (maybe a new mage tower with those new shining warlocks).
Just a question: did you upgraded the manual too?

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 04:46:19 am »

Hopefully fixed Knight-to-Paladin transformation. Shouldnt spam transformation messages around now.

Finally some good news! Thanks, Meph.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:00:51 am »

Another post, just to ask you something.

Is there a chance we can make utilities auto-run when df.exe is starting?
Things like soundsense can't start music if it run on an already logged game bugs me, and it could be cool to not call Therapist myself every time.

PS: there could be also a kobold building/task to see which witcher/witch has learnt what. Dunno if dwarven mages learn anything.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:15:56 am by Vitellozzo »

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 05:35:13 am »

Update \o/

Notes: No, this update is not save compatible. No, this update is not using DF40.19. No, I dont know if/when I make that update.

Whan i want to see in the future:

Meph is taken by a fey mood! (modding)  ;D

EDIT:
Added procedually generated engravings, done by Wastedlabor. His stand-alone mod can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143949.msg5675559#msg5675559. I added 50k engravings (thats not a typo, its 50.000 engravings) which can now be toggled in the GUI under "more engravings".

I dont see "more engravings" anywhere in Masterwork launcher. Maybe Meph meant by GUI something else or i am probably just blind.
Please tell me where is that option if you found it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:09:32 am by Larzo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 10:56:55 am »

Larzo, you are right.  :o There is no button... in previous versions there was, and the Raws still have a YES_EXTRA_ENGRAVINGS tag, but at some point it must have become a victim of optimization. I'll add it back in the future.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 12:41:21 pm »

Wonderfull, loving the warlock updates, makes it easier to get used to them.

And good job on the Orcs and Succubi too.

Oh and finally my icemages wont freeze themself to death once I got back to that point (Requiring that random world gen actually does something good... 7th world and still no decent volcano embarks for my main/testing save)
Signature coming *soon* TM

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »

They might still frost-damage their clothes, thats nothing I can affect. ;)

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »

Could you include some fix like the one suggested by heydude6 about the boulder crab problem? Since it's a dwarven pet it's not a stupid idea.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »

Yes, its on my list. I wanted to fix the most annoying things first (no processed metals for hermit, paladin spam, etc).

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 06:01:43 pm »

No new way to get orichalcum?   :'(
/whine

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »

No new way to get orichalcum?   :'(
/whine

You can add for yourself some version of the Ancient Foundry to whatever your favorite race is, I guess
Pages: [1] 2