Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

More Difficult Goblins

(1/3) > >>

Chief10:
note: I am relatively new to modding.

How do you go about making more challenging enemies, goblins specifically? I could only think of 3 ways:
-Make the goblins bigger
-Give them natural skills
-Give them armor

Can anyone help me with this 3rd one? I went to raws>entities, but could only change goblin weapons/armor to "common". This just makes the items available to the civ, but doesn't force invaders to show up wearing more armor. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, general tips for making sieges bigger and/or deadlier. Raws only please.

vjmdhzgr:
You can't really make other people use more armor. That means goblins, elves, humans, bandits, and anything you mod in. It might be possible to replace the breastplate item in their entity with a new body armor that has maximum [UBSTEP] and [UPSTEP] or whatever those things are called. It won't give them full body armor, but it will cover more of their body. As for other ways to make them more difficult you could increase their attribute ranges. I believe they by default have a slightly above average strength to make up for the size difference with humans. Increasing those numbers will make them stronger and you could do it with other attributes too. 5,000 is the maximum you can define in the raws though.

smakemupagus:
Trances; prone to rage. 

Raidau:
Well, thats all quite possible if you use some scripting. You can replace all clothes types with armor and clothes materials with metal or even bone. Check out Roses's script collection for beginning

Liber celi:
Give them a venomous bite or scratch attack
Remove Pain, Blood, Nerves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version