Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC  (Read 26352 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
FEF: Seed of Chaos IC
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:50 am »

OOC Thread. All OOC in the IC will be punished. :3

Fire Emblem on Forums: Seed Of Chaos

Your party of six had been travelling along the road for several days, now. You'd taken the King's Coin and become mercenaries under his command. A tired looking beurocrat had handed you your writ of orders and sent you out the city of Dulai with barely a word. Now, you were nearing the village you had been ordered to - the small cluster of buildings known as Larrensford, on the River Orra. As a strategic place to ford the river, it's an important place to hold, and Ixani spies had apparently received word an attack was due in a week.

As the party travelled along the road, boots crunching on the gravel-and-dirt path, you spotted a few figures ahead. A trio of Ixani soldiers - the clear leader stepped forward and hailed you.

"Hoi there!"

She smiled as you approached.

"You must be the mercenaries we heard were coming. You were a little bit late, so we decided to head out and meet you along the way."

The two men accompanying her nodded respectfully and the three fell into step.

"Oh! How rude of me. I'm Yimira Larren, and this is Jon and Tulg. May I make your acquaintance?"

Fiona Brodie (PowderMiner), Zahir Kearn (swordstar), Kyrah Sallyn (Tiruin), Jasmine Efreeti (Sirus), Lazarus Graves (Xanmyral), and Gallus McLodrick (mastahcheese) are in!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:55:02 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:26:50 am »

"I'm Zahir. Sorry we're late. What do we need to know?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:42:07 am »

"Name's Lazarus, Lazarus Graves. Most just call me Laz though, a pleasure to meet you all." The man posed in a calmed but monotonous voice, offering his hand to shake with the soldiers. He adjusted the strap of the burden on his back reflexively, not even noticing the gesture.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:47 am »

A woman wearing a heavy leather apron and thick ash-coated clothes nodded distractedly before responding.

: "Jasmine Efreeti. Sorry for the delay, I just had to pack my tools before setting off." She hefted her pack, which gave off muffled clanking noises with each step.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:30:27 am »

Gallus gave a slight smirk.
"You can blame the lateness on our resident packmules slowing us down."
He angled his thumbs over at the packs that Laz and Jasmine hauled about. Even if technically it was his fault for assuming everyone walked as fast as he did, and didn't urge them to leave sooner.
Or, for that case, not activily waste time.
"I'm Gallus McLodrick. Not to be confused with the McLordricks. We hate those guys."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:42:24 am by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 04:03:44 pm »

"Where the people go, there are deals to be made, as I say. One must always be prepared for the sale of the century." The merchant shot back in good spirits (as much as one could with a voice that stays flat in tone).

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

A cocky grin almost stretched the face of a pegasus rider wearing blue and gold armor with medals studded across the chestplate... with her pegasus having very similar getup.
:"Late? Pfff, not 'cause of me! Name's Fiona Brodie, champion racer and pegasus rider extraordinaire!"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:07:02 pm by Powder Miner »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:37 pm »

: "Well, forgive me for thinking that a bunch of mercenary types might need weapons sharpened or armor patched up. I need my tools to do that sort of thing you know." She gestured towards the other pack mule.

: "Not sure what this guy's deal is, though. Unless he's got war profiteering in mind, that is."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:58:13 pm »

"I'm almost offended at the insinuation, Ms Efreeti. The 'deal,' and I assure you it is quite the one, is that I run a clean and well organized establishment as a merchant, simply selling either my unique and or helpful wares to those who would purchase." Laz retorted in his monotonous way, smiling all the while.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 02:36:57 pm »

"... Blaming others does no good. No matter who was at fault originally, we all were late. What matters now is that we're here, and ready to do what needs to be done."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »

((Tiruin was having trouble connecting to Bay 12, so I'm introducing her character for her.))

: "Scout Kyrah Sallyn reporting! And this is my horse, Tallara."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 01:34:14 pm »

Prologue Chapter: Attack On Larrensford

It's not long before the first houses come into view. But...

"Wait.. do you smell smoke?" Yimira's eyes went wide. "Ah! They're attacking the village! Hurry!"

You rushed along the road, emerging in the village proper. Numerous groups of motley-garbed men and women roam the village, looting as they go. At the far end, a small group of Ixani soldiers struggled against a group of raiders. Across the bridge, a grossly fat man is chortling as he watches the attack.

"Hur hur hur! Light 'em up good, my lovelies! We's gonna have barbeque, hur hur hur!"

His meaty fingers gripped a thick tome - against appearances, the fat man was a mage. At the same time the party noticed him, he noticed you.

"The mercs? But they wurn't due fur 'nother week! D-don't let 'em 'cross the bridge!"

Some of the raiders began to charge towards the party, while others gathered at the end of the bridge.

Combat is upon you!

Turn One - Players

Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terrain Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:34:09 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 02:09:44 pm »

"To protect the innocents, I must take your life. To keep the balance, I will do what I must."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:29:41 pm by Swordstar »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »

Fiona hops on Allegro, darting in a white and blue flash to a nearby house. Knock knock knock...
:"Hey there, bandits happen to be riight over there so I recommend getting out by a backdoor or something ASAP!"
N2, visit house, and then canto to O1.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 02:54:09 pm »

"Hmm." The merchant cast an appraising eye on the crowd brandishing weapons towards them. "I don't believe they're quite interested in a bargain. But perhaps I can change their mind with a free sample." The thief joked in his ever present monotone, moving forward and deftly chucking a knife at the male swordsman.

Move to (O,2), throw a knife at the merc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:58:32 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31