Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.21 Released  (Read 20188 times)

Hielkeoh

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Moi
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.21 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 07:55:10 am »

Still a lot of random crashes :(

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 10:00:42 am »

Discussion here, here, here, here, and here. It's been happening for awhile now.

That's good to know, but I didn't see saves in any of the threads.  Toady probably needs a 0.40.21+ save to diagnose the problem.  It would be good to check whether a siege finally arrives after a few years.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:44 pm »

At this late hour I stumble upon the job-priorities update.
Thanks to thee once again, can't wait to test out the new additions.

Kimoshnikov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 01:27:26 am »

Picked up 40.21 today...

It seems that I cannot smelt pig iron or steel bars - when a dwarf brings charcoal to the workshop, they seem to "misplace" it, and then return it to the stockpile.  The only way to smelt pig iron is to remove all charcoal stockpiles in the hopes that when they "lose" the charcoal, they just leave it in the workshop for the NEXT smelt pig iron order.  Very frustrating.

Also, my dwarves seem to sporadically ignore certain items... Even when they are not forbidden/dumps.  Caravan's initial food supply was left outside for a very long time - I ended up having to designate them to a garbage dump, and then undumping them finally got them to move them to a food supply pile - "gather refuse from outside" be damned.

Furthermore, at one point, I had some dwarves building an up/down stairway, to penetrate a floor above them.  They seemed to believe they had, for when I asked them to build an up/down stairway on the floor above, they thought they could, and ended up standing wherever they found the building material at.  I found them after months, dehydrated and starving.

I really like some of the new features - especially the trees, I don't want to have to play an older stable version!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 01:37:23 am »

The last stable version before 40.21 was 40.19; it's likely the problems you're talking about were all introduced when that change was made. The only changes between these versions are the job priority and hauling overhauls, followed by fixing some bugs caused by it; all other new features can be found here. The dwarven brain surgery (thought overhaul), trees, etc. are all in the last version.

You aren't missing out on much by being two versions behind if you do choose to be; only some efficiency improvements and bugs.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 06:24:51 am »

Nearing the end of 2014, and looking back at the releases, it is almost unbelievable how much content and general improvement was added to the game this year.
And here's yet another great update.

Cheers Toady!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2]