Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods (0.44.12) - Revision 7: Guns & Fashion  (Read 116378 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods (0.43.05) - Revision 6b
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2017, 07:03:42 pm »

Pattern-welded steel has mostly the same qualities as regular steel, slightly harder but slightly more brittle as well. Its only usable for weapons as making armor out of it wouldn't really work right. Its mostly there in anticipation of tech levels.

Crucible steel is a good bit stronger than regular steel, though rather finicky to produce. I plan to reduce the micro just a bit by allowing the ground glass, charcoal and sand to be processed into jugs as well since bags tend to be used by a lot of other stuff as well.

And glad you like it!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2017, 02:19:27 pm »

Hello!

I'm really enjoying the mod, Grimlocke. Thanks for making it, I wish I had started using it sooner!

I have a question though: I started a new fortress, and brought along 7 daggers. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my civvies to equip their daggers. Was I mistaken in thinking that the following quote was talking about your dwarf civilians in Fortress Mode (rather than Adventure Mode)?

Added a number of civilian weapons - By making them tools with various uses civilians now carry daggers and cudgels.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2017, 03:42:23 pm »

Ah yeah, the daggers are defined as tools which adventurer mode things like to carry around (carving knives and such in the stock game).

Tools sadly cant be equipped in fortress mode. There goes the minecart equipped militia, but you'll also have to use the regular weapon-type daggers in fort mode.

Glad your enjoying the mod!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

negocromn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:20 pm »

Just started using this a couple days ago, really interesting concept. I have yet to make the new crafting stations and so on, but I've tested a lot on the arena and the combat at least seems really cool.

Will make some more posts in a few days if I play a little more fortress mode, thanks for the mod man!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2017, 03:46:44 pm »

Glad your enjoying it!

I look forward to any comments, criticisms or miscellaneous you might have,

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2017, 08:30:19 pm »

Hey Grim!  I've been overhauling few mods that have fallen behind in masterwork... I was looking around and realized masterwork is running 4c, I'm reviewing the changes here, comparing it to what is in MW already, do you mind if I update the MW weapon and armor list?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2017, 08:56:57 am »

Ah right, there is a MW version of this out there. I haven't kept track of that in quite some time now.

So yes please, that would be much appreciated ;)

I don't quite recall whether or not the MW version of this mod was modified in any way to make any kind of balance model, I do remember some duplicated between the base game and Stal's mod were culled. I have changed the balance model (several) times since version 4, so you might want to test things out in arena to make sure none of the weapons and armor do anything too silly.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2017, 08:59:51 pm »

The only thing that I see is odd... I understand you made a change to body plans to add a shoulder blade? or something like that.... I've been updating other mods all day, I don't remember what it was, so that you could add another body section and change the coverage of some items... how much of the gear does that effect?  I'm having a hard time imagining updating all the current armors in MW to correct coverage.  I'd love to have a more in depth conversation on the mod as a whole, with you.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2017, 07:30:41 am »

The collarbones add an 'internal' limb that lets me have an armor that covers neck but not the upper arms. Armor coverage can only be set as 'steps away from the upper body' so that was the only way to do it.

Not having collarbones would make a cuirass have mysterious upper arm protection, which isn't a huge deal but a little inconsistent. You can reduce the length of the arm harnesses to make there not be a double layer of armor on the upper arms. I wouldn't recommend setting the stepping to 0 as that would result in weirdly easy loss of head.

Of course, ask any question you like, as you might garner from my previous posts here I enjoy blathering about mods and arms and armor ;)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

You have never been in a chat room with me then... we would drown the rest of the room out... lol.  I'm on Discord as Amostubal in most DF rooms, if your on there.   anyways... It may be 1.27 before I get to this one... I'm having an issue pushing a creature update.  but this is on my list to do.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 06, 2017, 03:31:21 pm »

What's a crescent axe? I mean, I know there was a weapon in Dark Souls called a crescent axe, but is that what it's supposed to be?

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2017, 05:44:20 pm »

I just discovered I am having a problem with meteoric iron: Every time I try to hammer out a meteoric iron bloom, the object is consumed by the workshop and nothing is returned. Any suggestions?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2017, 05:51:27 pm »

@DaSwayza: Whelp, dang. Seems I brokes that at some point.

The problem was missing item product tags in inorganic_zHistoric_Metallurgy. The proper file: https://pastebin.com/mHbwPyXE Copy paste that into your local version, no new save should be needed for that.

Will update the main download once I have a bit more time.

@Dunmeris: A crescent axe is literally just any axe with a crescent-shaped blade. In my mod's case, the crecent axe and short crescent axe are what is also called a horseman's axe... in medieval times usually just called 'axe'. The regular crescent axe is basically that without the point. The short one is that, but a bit smaller overall.

The crescent axe from Dark Soul is actually an Ottoman axe, which is indeed also crescent shaped and thus properly named. Medieval terminology is kind of a pain at times; very few of these things have a precisely defined definition.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:53:00 pm by Grimlocke »

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »

What's the Abdomen armor?  As it is I am in full plate armor but I just got attacked in the abdomen and it got deflected by my braies

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:01 pm »

Heh, you must have some pretty solid underpants there.

Any body armor also serves as abdominal armor though, in reality it would be very impractical to make/sell these separately and ingame it is even impossible without any weird body hackery. The messaging was most likely being flaky there; it doesn't always pick the right layer for deflection messages.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26