Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods (0.44.12) - Revision 7: Guns & Fashion  (Read 115063 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods (0.42.06) - Revision 5a
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »

Thanks, good find!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2016, 05:53:09 pm »

Here's a newer version of the body_default.txt file. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but two [FLIER] tags were missing. This should be completely in line now with DF 0.43.05, aside from in-scope changes.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 09, 2016, 10:08:43 pm »

Just a quick note that I made a new, cleaned up version of the Modest Mod that includes some of your changes: your edit to head tissue, the removal of nail scratches from combat, and reduced velocity of attacks, from memory. It's not compatible with your mod to my knowledge at present, but it should be much easier to make them compatible now. You expressed dislike of modest mod's attacks, but these should fit in surprisingly well in my opinion. Their velocity has been reduced and most of them involve reducing the likelihood of certain attacks (such as biting).

Thank you for the mod!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:17:58 am by Taffer »

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2016, 04:32:04 am »

The attacks mostly seemed just for animal people so they shouldn't really imbalance anything much.

Thanks for cleaning them up Taffer, love modest mod and this mod most of all.   

Hows the armor breaking been Grimlocke?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2016, 10:31:38 am »

Its breaking at mostly the right timed again :P unless its hit with a much stronger material, then it kind of comes apart like papier-mache. I've been meaning to look into reducing the difference in shear strengths because carving through iron like it isn't even there is not really a possible thing, at all.

I've spent the rest of my modding time getting the weapons balanced a bit more carefully, buffing blunt attacks which seemed to have became a bit anemic with 45.04 and making the various weapons a more varied in their properties (different 'lengths', weight and attack speeds).

I got joints to break only when hit with substantial force rather then when being punched by a child. Bite attacks seem mysteriously phase through armor though... not entirely sure how to fix that. For the coming while I advice killing things with a tendency to bite as quickly and messily as possible!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2016, 01:12:41 pm »

Bite attacks seem mysteriously phase through armor though... not entirely sure how to fix that.

Stal's Armory Pack and now my cleaned Modest Mod help address this by removing bite attacks entirely from the main races. I'm polishing my "Modest Wanderer" mod into a new mod, and on the agenda is removing bite attacks from almost every creature save for those for whom bite attacks make some degree of sense. It's better than nothing, at least.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:15:21 pm by Taffer »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:41 am »

I suppose that's one way to do it.

I would miss being able to bite someone's nose off in adventurer mode but it seems like a fair trade-off in general, what with cats and children no longer incapacitating fully armored warriors.

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2017, 02:50:15 pm »

Hey, we discussed before that this mod was compatible with 43.05, but when I enter fortress mode, I can't use your metallurgy buildings, and I would like to. I put them in the raws as instructed, but the buildings are't showing up in the menu to be built. Do I need to roll back, or what seems to be going on?

**EDIT**

I rolled back to 43.03 and the buildings work perfectly, so it was that. The weapons and armor work for the most recent update though
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:11:24 pm by DaSwayza »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:22 pm »

Hmmm that's strange, I havn't had that problem myself. As far as I know nothing really changed about the way buildings are handled in the last version.

Will check when I'm back at home.

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2017, 10:51:17 pm »

I'll do some testing with a clean copy of DF 43 05 and see if I messed up the install, I'll let you know what I find

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2017, 11:14:29 pm »

The issue corrected when I reinstalled everything, so I must have mucked something up the first time. Everything is looking good!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2017, 11:14:09 am »

Ah good, was worried something might have mucked up with older savegame compatibility, which I didn't recall whether or not I tested.

vixeyrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2017, 06:23:03 pm »

Does this mod effect when quivers and backpacks are equipped in regards to layers? I am using this mod, and enjoying it. But, i am noticing that my dwarves are not wearing quivers or packs? I haven't played DF in a while so i could have missed a patch note here and there.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2017, 06:32:55 pm »

Hm... If I recall correctly, those should all just 'attach' to the outer upper body clothing item the same way flasks and holstered weapons do. Nothing much changed about that in this mod (not that it could, its hardcoded) or recent DF versions.

I'll verify in my own game whether its borked.

vixeyrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2017, 12:09:52 am »

Does this mod effect when quivers and backpacks are equipped in regards to layers? I am using this mod, and enjoying it. But, i am noticing that my dwarves are not wearing quivers or packs? I haven't played DF in a while so i could have missed a patch note here and there.

They seem to be working now. I must have been doing something wrong on my end. Poor dwarf management most likely. TY for the mod, keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26