Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we land on the planet or should we move to different systems?

Land on the planet!
- 2 (28.6%)
Warp away on a mystical space journey!
- 2 (28.6%)
BURN IN HELL GM
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The Cloud, a RTD  (Read 15741 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud, a RTD
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »

I'm not real sure we all have to do the same thing... +1 seems useless..

Search the databanks for all the possible blueprints and schematics we have for the fabricators.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »

I'm not real sure we all have to do the same thing... +1 seems useless..
We have a limited amount of (let's say) power. +1s give more data and whatnot.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 03:05:14 pm »

I assume +1's give bonuses to the roll.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 11:23:03 pm »

Depending on the overall support, I add bonus's/outright deny actions depending on support. Think of it like more systems working together towards a single goal.
Check solar panels.If possible, start using them.Also build a repair drone to repair the damaged battery bank.
[12] A Repair drone is put in queue, From what you can tell, the solars are already "On".

Check solar panels.If possible, start using them.Also build a repair drone to repair the damaged battery bank.
1+
2+

Once scanning drones are ready have them scan primarily our immediate surroundings, then the hull and finally medium range surroundings.
Action Overided, Drones being used elsewhere.

Have the repair drone replace the destroyed sensors after it finishes with the solar panels.

Scanning drones should prioritize structural integrity scans (We need to know how fast we can move without breaking apart.) They then should search for relatively closeby debris fields and astroids.

We should build a construction drone and have it build additional solar panels.

We should build one mining/salvage hybridrone for resourcing ops.

Kevak's core then proceeds to check the AI core systems systematically for damage and data. Making sure not to activate any unknown files due to potential ECM coding being buried within.

Fully fabricated,[4] the drones begin moving through the desolate hallways, Most of them are not breached, but are simply air-less, as it goes through the Engineering shafts, it seems that the ship, fared fairly decently, at least, its Super-Structure...A single drone exits through a Airlock, looking around in space, Suddenly going offline, its sensory detail appears that it was crushed by the airlock...

Moving from the mistake, Connection to the Fabrication unit reveals that it is a General purpose Fabricator, Anything it builds are rather crudely built, explaining the Airlock crushing, however it can fabricate almost anything, Weaponry, Scanning equipment, Incredibly inefficient Matter "Manipulators, etc etc, However, you will need better tools if your gonna make anything  actually worth while, Speaking of Weaponry, it appears that more systems are online, 8 Combat Drones active with a Yellow status beacon are ready to serve, along with three mining drones, Partially damaged, just like the Combat ones, They are located in the Seperate rooms, and both groups are appearing to be survivors of what destroyed the majority of the other drones, as Debris and "Corpses" of Both combat drones and Mining drones float rather peacefully in the rooms which they are active.

Spoiler: STATUS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM's note (click to show/hide)
[/code]
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 07:30:11 am »

((I vote on bonuses for larger support.))

Get a drone out the airlock, with less failing.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 07:41:25 am »

Gather up the metals from the destroyed drones lots of free easy resources
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:53 am »

Order a scanning drone to the bridge. Try to connect to the navigation/propulsion/helm control. See if long range sensors are online. If not, send a second drone outside.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

((I vote on bonuses for larger support.))

Get a drone out the airlock, with less failing.

((It has to depend on the task, physical ones wouldn't get much help from more processing power, Mental ones like research do. Exceptions can be made.))
[11] The drone slinks out side the airlock, without much trouble, if a bit slow.

Gather up the metals from the destroyed drones lots of free easy resources
[20!] A second drones comes out, this time a Salvage drone, which quickly eats up the destroyed drone and heads back inside.

Order a scanning drone to the bridge. Try to connect to the navigation/propulsion/helm control. See if long range sensors are online. If not, send a second drone outside.
[15]
The last inactive drone  quickly activates and heads to the front-most portion of the ship, Discovering the entire front window has been collapsed inward, and scorch marks mark the entire room, Judging from the burnt corpses, this ship was intended to be manned, The drone quickly connects it self to the Bridge computer, [10] The drone, becomes a basic connection to you, showing several Captains logs, Several connections open up to the gravitational generation system, The Main engines, and apparently the main gunsystem, however all appear to be offline, or severly damaged.
Wading through the minor systems, you connect into the Main sensory detail, however, actually extracting data from it whould fry the drone, You think you will need a dedicated Drone to connect

((Drones can be different sizes, if it is a drone with one singular purpose, then it can be rather tiny, Your Scanning drones are rather tiny, the size of a Backback, Combat drones are about of diameter of about 3 ft.))

Spoiler: STATUS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »

Question why the fuck the ship had a window and why the fuck the bridge wasn't in the center of the ship like any sane engineer would put it.

((Seriously. Windows + Space = bad. Just a big weak point for the enemy to shoot or an asteroid to bump. Even diamomdglass. And putting the bridge of a ship in the front is crazy. Most weapons fired at relativistic speeds against other relativistic speed ships will hit the front. Add a window to the equation and no wonder the ship's fried. This race must have been downright suicidal.))

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

(( Meant to say the Top central bit, plus fuck science Captain wants to see the battle.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:28:18 pm by wer6 »

blazing glory

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »

Question why the fuck the ship had a window and why the fuck the bridge wasn't in the center of the ship like any sane engineer would put it.

((Because the sad truth is no one really cares.))

(('Cept you.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 04:32:36 pm »

((Did the crew die at a different time from the window breaking? If they were exposed to vacuum they wouldn't be very burnt, they would just be extremely dry and covered in ice crystals. Also, wouldn't the window explode rather than collapse?))

((Because the sad truth is no one really cares.))

(('Cept you.))

((Because it means that fighting other ships is as easy as aiming for the huge weak spot, and the GM may be forced to pull off contrived nonsense to keep battles from being too easy.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:34:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 04:41:53 pm »

They were all basically Charred, The window shattered inwards, The scorch marks are aligned as if whatever caused them occurred in the front.

blazing glory

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »

((I find it's probable that the window's have blast doors that close during battle, and that any shot that goes through the doors would shatter the window.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 07:53:12 pm »

((Blast doors are still a major structural weakness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12