Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we land on the planet or should we move to different systems?

Land on the planet!
- 2 (28.6%)
Warp away on a mystical space journey!
- 2 (28.6%)
BURN IN HELL GM
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The Cloud, a RTD  (Read 15795 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud, a RTD
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2014, 08:27:01 pm »

They were all basically Charred, The window shattered inwards, The scorch marks are aligned as if whatever caused them occurred in the front.

Hmm, can people still join this or is it limited to the starting players?

This one wonders why a window would shatter inwards when the pressure inside the ship would force the window to bulge outwards. Even if something hit the window, the leaking air would soon divert most fragments away. Perhaps the ship was hit by something very large that kept the fragments in place.

The probable cause was a smaller vessel ramming the bridge and them fleeing with its engines, roasting the occupants of the bridge instantly.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 03:40:02 am »

Anyone can leave or join, there is no official player roster, only those who post.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 03:56:40 am »

Rather than arguing about the bridge, I use the drone to check the hull.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 05:14:34 pm »

Rather than arguing about the bridge, I use the drone to check the hull.
[10]
The drone moved outward, getting a over view of the ship,  The ship is /massive/ almost 5 kilometers long, With the bridge on the top, middle section, but what is more curious is that the Scorch marks mark the entire front section of the ship, the front is completely blackened, getting progressivly less as it gets to the back portion of the ship, whatever caused this, did one hell of a blast.

Question why the fuck the ship had a window and why the fuck the bridge wasn't in the center of the ship like any sane engineer would put it.

((Seriously. Windows + Space = bad. Just a big weak point for the enemy to shoot or an asteroid to bump. Even diamomdglass. And putting the bridge of a ship in the front is crazy. Most weapons fired at relativistic speeds against other relativistic speed ships will hit the front. Add a window to the equation and no wonder the ship's fried. This race must have been downright suicidal.))
Of course, the problem was, the Captain demanded a better view.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 05:57:50 pm »

Building a five kilometer ship. It doesn't matter what the captain wants. That's an absurd investment of material. Unless the captain payed for the whole damn thing (which realistically would cost trillions of whatever currency), he wouldn't be getting windows. Combat in space is contact of under a millisecond. You wouldn't be able to /See/ the enemy ships. They would be labeled on the view screen as a dot that says "ship is here" and realistically speaking, nobody with enough wealth to build a five KM ship would be stupid enough to want windows.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »

((The space shuttle has windows. The ISS does too.

If the ship's outer walls are thin enough that it has windows, then they aren't much of a liability compared to... well... the entire outer hull.))

This one begins to believe that this is not, in fact, a warship. Windows suggest that the vessel is lightly armored, especially for a craft of 5 kilometers. Furthermore, the bridge placement such that the crew receives an overview of the outer hull suggests that monitoring systems are to be kept at a minimum of complexity.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2014, 02:07:23 am »

((The space shuttle has windows. The ISS does too.

If the ship's outer walls are thin enough that it has windows, then they aren't much of a liability compared to... well... the entire outer hull.))

This one begins to believe that this is not, in fact, a warship. Windows suggest that the vessel is lightly armored, especially for a craft of 5 kilometers. Furthermore, the bridge placement such that the crew receives an overview of the outer hull suggests that monitoring systems are to be kept at a minimum of complexity.

I'll quote this for you because it seems you forgot it.

I vote miner/salvager auxiliary RRC (resupply repair, and construction) ship.

So we can build a bigass swarm of ships.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 02:29:16 am »

Don't mind me, this one is just the raving mad AI fragment that lives in its own little world.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:55 am »

OK weld metal over the windows, And then check out the captain's Logs, Also search for any survivors, If we find them have the Combat Drones Kill them because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2014, 09:51:17 am »

((As much as I would like to go on a rant about science and shit, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceDoesNotWorkThatWay   this sums up most of what I would have to say. In space there is no terminal velocity or maximum range, so it would seem silly that battles play out in close range. Then again, it is a game, and the universe the game is set in could have glass stronger than metal. I don't really care because the author is only as bad as Hollywood, or the average person who watches Star Wars. Oh, and it is a game :P))
Take note that the AI is on a seperate network than the rest of the ship. Try to activate communications/sensors to hail/detect other ships if they are there.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »

OK weld metal over the windows, And then check out the captain's Logs, Also search for any survivors, If we find them have the Combat Drones Kill them because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
[auto-fail] The problem is, Scanning drones can't weld plus, it seems as if the window was designed to see the entirety of the ships top-front, however you do note that there is radioactive elements as if the entire area has been exposed by a ridiculous amount of Solar Radiation.[2] Your runtime runs through the System logs, and from what you detect, the ship sustained the damage WHILE in warp, Your incessant man handling of the Scanning drone causes it to Short, Nice going. On a similiar note, you make a scanning drone, accompanied by a combat drone scan the engineering quarter of the ship, It seems almost pristine,  however there are no corpses, not even a little rat corpse to fry some more, However the Warp engine seems to be extensively damaged, but the main thrusters and fuel cells seem fine! All is left is Section M, and section C, Section D, and the various corridors and Sub-Departments throughout this ship.

((As much as I would like to go on a rant about science and shit, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceDoesNotWorkThatWay   this sums up most of what I would have to say. In space there is no terminal velocity or maximum range, so it would seem silly that battles play out in close range. Then again, it is a game, and the universe the game is set in could have glass stronger than metal. I don't really care because the author is only as bad as Hollywood, or the average person who watches Star Wars. Oh, and it is a game :P))
Take note that the AI is on a seperate network than the rest of the ship. Try to activate communications/sensors to hail/detect other ships if they are there.

[4]Haling failed, Reason contracted, System is missing and/or Destroyed.

Spoiler: STATUS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units. (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »

Make some basic repair drones and an access drone to pop into the computer.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »

Make some basic repair drones and an access drone to pop into the computer.
+1 also give them welding capabilities.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2014, 02:36:20 am »

Desing better Fabrication unit, one that doesn't make so flimsy drones. No need to build it yet.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:01 pm »

Make a repair drone and try to repair communications.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12