Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Enemies in coffins  (Read 734 times)

Headless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Enemies in coffins
« on: December 21, 2014, 12:26:05 pm »

I want to surround my fortress with the coffins of my enemies instead of just their sun bleached bones.  It would seam a simple option when selecting a coffin would do it.  As well as the 'allow pets' toggle an 'allow enemies' one would do it.

I haven't posted on this page before I hope I have used the correct edicate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies in coffins
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:29:26 pm »

Buriable enemies?  I guess if you wanted, I wouldn't do it for most.
  Ironically Id do it for animals that killed my dwarves more than sentients.

You can engrave memorials to them, and if you build coffins next to the slab . . . who's to know you didn't bury them?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Headless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »

I've done that for some of them, I find it quite tedious.  I want the axe lord to be able to visit the grave of her notable kills when she is feeling maudlin.  I also want the goblins to have to walk through dozens of their countrygobs neatly laid to rest on their way to attack my fort.  If I am going to bury that many of them it needs to be automatic.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »

Considering that my expedition leader in my latest fortress literally went to red-arrow levels of stress from just seeing a dead kobold twice, I second this.  Besides, don't worthy opponents deserve a bit of respect?

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:41:52 pm »

We just need a special 'War trophies' stockpile for displaying corpses and bodyparts that are especially disturbing to a certain race (may as well fill the elf-pile with wood, bahahaha..) Should just make it so that any coffin placed outdoors becomes a "display case" for the bodies of enemies.. but that might be too dwarfly, going by the pampered niceties we've received in the past couple updates (the three F's! Food, Feelings, and Friends!) ;)