Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 437413 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe/Rampaging Koala
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »

You don't need fuel to travel in-system, it's only needed to jump between stars.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 06:45:54 pm »

You don't need fuel to travel in-system, it's only needed to jump between stars.
I tried to go to the gate and it wouldn't let me.
Beep-beep noise happened.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 06:47:57 pm »

Make sure you actually click on the gate as if it were a planet, you should see it highlight.

By the way, where is oil?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 06:51:44 pm »

Make sure you actually click on the gate as if it were a planet, you should see it highlight.

Oh thank you.
god i feel stupid now
My tumblr.

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

Desert Planets. Found it below surface. It's what fills the pools.
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 10:53:05 pm »

Desert Planets. Found it below surface. It's what fills the pools.

Not necessarily sub-surface- I've found seas of the stuff above ground. Also be on the look-out for healing water. I intend to fill a room on my spaceship with the stuff... provided I can get a character out of the starting system alive. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »

So how fun are fluids?  I'm having trouble reaching the core of my planet right now...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2014, 11:10:14 pm »

Digging to the core really feels like a chore, I barely find any copper/silver for pickaxes.

I think I've lost my taste for repetitive mining a-la vanilla Minecraft or Terraria, and ores are especially rare in Starbound. Or I'm just unlucky.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:06 pm »

So how fun are fluids?  I'm having trouble reaching the core of my planet right now...

Sucking the planet dry of its liquid wealth is pretty satisfying, and the process is efficient. I haven't tried to placing the fluids yet (Hardcore is hardcore), but I suspect that some quick lava-flooding could be a good way to cheese boss fights, DF-style!

The core shouldn't be terribly difficult to get to just take the mineshaft of your starting world as deep as she goes, and dig straight down. All the goodies you get along the way are enough for the second manipulator upgrade.

Beware the magma sea.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:54 pm »

PTW an' shit, yo~
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2014, 11:46:13 pm »

Digging to the core really feels like a chore, I barely find any copper/silver for pickaxes.

I think I've lost my taste for repetitive mining a-la vanilla Minecraft or Terraria, and ores are especially rare in Starbound. Or I'm just unlucky.

I agree with this so i messed with the ore spawn rates in my game.
I got nothing

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2014, 11:53:31 pm »

That first mission was tough as fuck.

I died twice doing it and the second time I simply hit the ground too hard RIGHT NEXT TO THE MISSION FINISHER.
It got a lot easier the moment I learned that the pollen-shooter I found in a spring biome was chargeable like a bow and EXTREMELY ENERGY EFFICIENT.
Then I was killing the pseudo-necromorphs with 2-3 blasts of the toxins.

It crashed when I was looking for titanium, though.
My tumblr.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2014, 11:53:58 pm »

Y'all are too softcore. Real indies dig straight down with nothing but their manipulators from the spawn  point only after half an hour of tree-chopping, mine every single piece of ore along the way, and suck up magma until their inventories are full. Then they start a new game.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:56:16 pm by Ibid Straydrink »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2014, 11:59:01 pm »

Y'all are too softcore. Real indies dig straight down with nothing but their manipulators from the spawn  point only after half an hour of tree-chopping, mine every single piece of ore along the way, and suck up magma until their inventories are full. Then they start a new game.
You don't need that much wood...
Unless you're one of those folk who's not too lazy to build a house...

Like, I set up a tent I took from a nearby abandoned mineshaft on a raised platform and had all the crafty things scattered about in a generally-below area.
My tumblr.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2014, 12:30:00 am »

You don't need that much wood...
Unless you're one of those folk who's not too lazy to build a house...

Like, I set up a tent I took from a nearby abandoned mineshaft on a raised platform and had all the crafty things scattered about in a generally-below area.
Ha. I wish I had your ambition. Alas, I know all too well that, within the span of a few hours, I will be dead!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:28:47 am by Ibid Straydrink »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 130