Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 439272 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1320 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:32 pm »

food lasts a while on its own, and fridges exist. Stock up on some ape grapes and be good to go for a while yet. Or pack a hunting laserbow and make a campfire wherever...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 01, 2016, 02:47:18 pm »

I just take food when I see it and cook whatever I can, whenever I can cook it. Having most of your food slots full, even if it's a lot of 1 stack berries, really helps in the long run.
Black lives matter.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 01, 2016, 04:53:15 pm »

Anyone seen this mod?

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinuniverse.2920/

The whole thing seems to solve the depth issues I've been having, but that one-way modding the whole universe seems pretty harsh, even if I can just make a backup of my current stuff.

I'll probably try it anyway unless someone here tried it and it drank all the good beer in the fridge or whatever.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 01, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »

It's pretty fun to me. I haven't seen a lot of its content but it adds quite a few new biomes, items, I'd assume enemies, etc.
Black lives matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1324 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »

Anyone seen this mod?

I took a look at it. Once the ennui of vanilla wears off I have plans to run a server using that mod.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 01, 2016, 06:29:24 pm »

Anyone seen this mod?

I took a look at it. Once the ennui of vanilla wears off I have plans to run a server using that mod.
Good, I didn't want to stay on vanilla shit just for multiplayer.

Seriously though, a food system like ARK (I think) where food stacks and rots one at a time would have been basically the same except vastly less annoying.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 01, 2016, 11:47:25 pm »

Why bother having food rot? Once you spend a hour or two in game you can't real run out of food especially since you can teleport back pretty much anytime.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 02, 2016, 12:33:44 am »

Why bother having food rot? Once you spend a hour or two in game you can't real run out of food especially since you can teleport back pretty much anytime.
Not from the underground you can't, unless you're in Admin mode.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 02, 2016, 12:57:42 am »

Why even go underground?  I made my gear 100% from just looting friendly villages.

Freak

• Bay Watcher
  • World's Deadliest Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 02, 2016, 01:34:15 am »

Why even go underground?  I made my gear 100% from just looting friendly villages.

Because every once in a while I like to pretend I'm not a murderous psychopath with kleptomania. I'll admit those moments are rare, but they do occur.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1330 on: August 02, 2016, 02:16:59 am »

Anyone seen this mod?

The whole thing seems to solve the depth issues I've been having, but that one-way modding the whole universe seems pretty harsh, even if I can just make a backup of my current stuff.

I'll probably try it anyway unless someone here tried it and it drank all the good beer in the fridge or whatever.

Shit. I wish I'd known about that before starting my new character. Now, to continue with this character until I exhaust the vanilla game materials, or to just cut my losses, install this mod, and start over in a much more interesting universe....

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 02, 2016, 02:31:01 am »

Wait, you're not supposed to be able to teleport from underground? That's strange, given that I'm pretty sure I'm not in admin mode and can always teleport from any place, including underground.
It's probably just a mod. Or maybe the difficulty setting?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 02, 2016, 02:36:13 am »

Wait, you're not supposed to be able to teleport from underground? That's strange, given that I'm pretty sure I'm not in admin mode and can always teleport from any place, including underground.
It's probably just a mod. Or maybe the difficulty setting?
Difficulty setting, casual allows teleport from anywhere, survival only allows teleport near the surface.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 02, 2016, 02:42:58 am »

I think you can teleport underground by knocking a hole in the back wall, though that might only work if your above the transition to caves line.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 02, 2016, 03:48:15 am »

I think you can teleport underground by knocking a hole in the back wall, though that might only work if your above the transition to caves line.
Yeah, that only works if you knock a hole in the backwall and see light instead of more rock.

Also yeah, casual might be allowing teleport from anywhere. Which might be a good case for switch the mod from "add hunger to Casual" to "lose less items in Survival". :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 130