Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441136 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1425 on: August 05, 2016, 06:56:38 am »

1-6 is hotbar. X switches to your other hotbar, which is also 1-6. R is mining, N is scanning, I have no clue what painting or wiring are.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1426 on: August 05, 2016, 07:11:27 am »

How do you get that tech? Outpost quests? ._.;

Yup, outpost quests. Upstairs and to the left, give some metal bars then complete a short mission (nothing like the mines one) and you get techs. Double-jump is the second one. The first one is a pain, but the second one I found to be pretty easy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 05, 2016, 08:01:28 am »

How do you get that tech? Outpost quests? ._.;

Yup, outpost quests. Upstairs and to the left, give some metal bars then complete a short mission (nothing like the mines one) and you get techs. Double-jump is the second one. The first one is a pain, but the second one I found to be pretty easy.
Woo, thanks! :D

Also, I'm disappointed :/ Can't seem to find how to move the hotbar, and it blocks my quest tracker so I have no idea where this person is when the quest asker tells me to find em >_> There's STILL the same bug that has if you've a ton of items of the same category lying at your feet and you try to put one singular slot item into your hotbar, it picks up another and you can't place it in the hotbar.
And I can't move that said bar. :I

...Still love the music though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 05, 2016, 10:49:15 am »

It would be nice if it were possible to uninstall mods without having to go to the workshop website... Which is to say, the workshop website is down. I can't access it. So I can't remove or install any mods. :(
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 05, 2016, 12:16:27 pm »

Workshop mods exist in a folder like everything else. ~\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\[Starbound's appid] should be the place. Might be a bit harder to tell which mod is which if they aren't labelled like xcom2 mods are inside their folders.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 05, 2016, 01:01:52 pm »

Workshop mods exist in a folder like everything else. ~\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\[Starbound's appid] should be the place. Might be a bit harder to tell which mod is which if they aren't labelled like xcom2 mods are inside their folders.
It certainly is there, but bear in mind if you manually delete without using the workshop, what's going to happen is that workshop is just going to redownload everything afterwards.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 05, 2016, 01:23:02 pm »

That would require the workshop to actually be up though, which it wasn't from shadowlord's post. Or for steam to be open for that matter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »

It would be fun to create the curriculum for a psychology course based entirely around this thread.

EDIT: Oh, and I finally beat the Erchius mine without cheating! It was a LOT easier after I got the double-jump tech which I somehow didn't realize I could get before. That and a stack of about 300 hunting spears.

sounds like pain. i dont do the erchius mine dungeon without at least tier 1 armor and whatever spare weapons i get during the course of the mission.

but killing everything with hunting spear? wtf...

in other news. i decided to test if i could do the platform thing. so i started all over again with a human. have just made a single story wooden box with a basement for the basic crafting stations.

i should probably build the staircase as a separate thing. time will tell.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:49:24 pm by xaritscin »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 05, 2016, 01:54:42 pm »

That would require the workshop to actually be up though, which it wasn't from shadowlord's post. Or for steam to be open for that matter.
That would be correct, but again, he wanted to uninstall them. Not momentarily render them unusable.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 05, 2016, 02:01:08 pm »

I guess.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 05, 2016, 02:22:46 pm »

Yeah. Thanks anyways. It's back up now, in any case.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 05, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »

1-6 is hotbar. X switches to your other hotbar, which is also 1-6. R is mining, N is scanning, I have no clue what painting or wiring are.

Wait, there's another hotbar? I feel really silly for missing that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 05, 2016, 05:14:53 pm »

Painting is T, wiring is Y.

I guess.

If it's Frackin' Universe, be sure to install the UnFrackin' Universe mod to get rid of everything.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 06, 2016, 05:34:40 am »

LOL. Apparently postponing Dreadwing turned it into an underwhelming experience. Went in with clockwork armor set and 2 wands (level 6 fire and ice portal), expecting a good fight.
But Dreadwing didn't even manage to kill my chemist and medic crewmate whom I'd beamed down with me. I used 1 nano bandage in the fight but in hindsight I would have survived with no heals. The crashing his UFO on top of my head move only took about 1/3d of my health bar.

I was really expecting something more of a fight. Instead I just got an oversized critter that got popped in a few shots.

Boo.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:45:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 06, 2016, 10:11:18 am »

Wow, seriously, this is actually a useful feature?? I thought having 6 slots was weirdly limiting, but with a second hotbar it's actually not too bad -- everything's pretty reachable with just one hand. Was I just completely blind or is this feature not advertised anywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 130