Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 439273 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1455 on: August 06, 2016, 02:44:02 pm »

So I can see to place torches in the dark, of course.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 06, 2016, 02:53:43 pm »

the scanning module's light being brighter, and having a longer range than the flashlight is hilarious.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 06, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »

I also noticed it immediately because of the little icon on the left that switches the bars. Now I kinda get the point of this, I think the idea is to have one bar with weapons and healing items for exploring and fighting and another bar with building materials and farming implements for your colony building. What I don't get is why they're limited to 6 items each rather than the full 10 or 12.
Because every slot is 2 slots, for dual-wielding (so CF's "new plan" goes), and stringing 10 or 12 of them out in a single row would break the UI in inconceivable ways.

What? Bullcrap. http://i.imgur.com/R8KZG0i.png Fits just fine.
What resolution is that? Some people have sub 1920 widths.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 06, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »

I am disappointed with lags. I mean. I'm in friggin single player mode. Apparently my base has so many items on screen now that it lags my game rather noticably.

I wonder what's the main culprit. Objects with animations? Crops? Lights? No idea, but it sucks. Turning off my sprinklers didn't help much if at all, so that's not it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 06, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »

Torches are one-handed, though. I have mine paired with my flashlight.
Since when? Torches were two-handed for me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 06, 2016, 03:17:53 pm »

I also noticed it immediately because of the little icon on the left that switches the bars. Now I kinda get the point of this, I think the idea is to have one bar with weapons and healing items for exploring and fighting and another bar with building materials and farming implements for your colony building. What I don't get is why they're limited to 6 items each rather than the full 10 or 12.
Because every slot is 2 slots, for dual-wielding (so CF's "new plan" goes), and stringing 10 or 12 of them out in a single row would break the UI in inconceivable ways.

What? Bullcrap. http://i.imgur.com/R8KZG0i.png Fits just fine.

What resolution is that? Some people have sub 1920 widths.

So? Truncate the item bar for them, then, not for everybody. 16:9 is the standard screen size these days, with 21:9 quickly gaining ground.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 06, 2016, 04:17:12 pm »

Since when? Torches were two-handed for me.

How would I know? :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 06, 2016, 04:27:08 pm »

Using Frackin Universe, I'm not sure what to do now. I'm at Durasteel level armor I think.

Maybe I should bunker down and build my island fortress and explore all these goddamn crafting.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:00 pm »

Yeah, man. I feel like I don't know shit about Starbound again. FU is great.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 06, 2016, 04:40:57 pm »

Remove lying fisssh. [Muffled Floran accordion music in the distance]
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 06, 2016, 05:08:45 pm »

Remove lying fisssh. [Muffled Floran accordion music in the distance]

Edit: I suppose it's possible that it's from a mod, but I don't know what is and what isn't unless I search for something and it shows up on the FU wiki or w/e instead of the starbound wiki. (Or I search for something and don't find anything about it, like the "tabula rasa" planet I found that has no life on the surface except plants, but does have monsters underground)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:10:41 pm by Shadowlord »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 06, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »

You sure you didn't install a mod to do that? It's one of the most popular on the Workshop last I checked it.

In sorta-unrelated news, I've decided to give FU a shot. However, I want to back up my current progress in case I don't like it/it conflicts with some other things I have installed. Do I just copy the storage folder in the main Starbound install location, or is there more I need to grab?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 06, 2016, 05:19:55 pm »

Apparently so. It's in the mod collection I installed, although I didn't notice it in the list.

You know, it's weird that you can't subscribe to a collection. There are mods in it now that I don't have installed...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 06, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »

You sure you didn't install a mod to do that? It's one of the most popular on the Workshop last I checked it.

In sorta-unrelated news, I've decided to give FU a shot. However, I want to back up my current progress in case I don't like it/it conflicts with some other things I have installed. Do I just copy the storage folder in the main Starbound install location, or is there more I need to grab?

All of Storage should get it. Just rename the folder to Pre-FU save or something and see if your character is gone on the main screen.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 06, 2016, 05:55:14 pm »

the desert planet had plenty of resources to get. oil, healing water, found a floran village but i still have to scan stuff to finish the mission.
found enough tungsten for upgrading the inventor table and forge. made a tungsten hunting bow for replacement and other stuff.

right now got to tier 2 armor and have enough modules for the first ship upgrade. just need crew. but first i need to gather iron for the lampstick. then finish the system exploration in search of more villages. then gather missions for crewmembers, upgrade the ship and buy fuel for the long journey
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 130