Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]  (Read 163259 times)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

fix/dead-units

fix/stable-temp may even help with lag if you have a lot of fire/magma moving around

clear map - will remove any contaminants and misc liquids on the ground which may also help with lag if there is a lot (unless I'm mistaken)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:42:50 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2015, 10:43:51 pm »

Pretty awesome update. How many FBs do you have? DO you gen worlds with hundreds or something  :D

If I remember correctly, 34.11 FBs don't always exist until they show up at your fort.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2015, 04:38:52 pm »

I got isoworld working and I think this thread got nominated for hall of legends, I'm happy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This war eagle however (the grey 'e' just at the bottom of the tombspire, that central tower), is not. It has flown away to escape the first great butchering of the eagles, and now resides here - unreachable by any Dwarf.
I ran fix/dead-units, fix/stable-temp, cleared the map, cut the weather, destroyed everything, revflood, filled everything in the subterranean with stone and then marked it as underground and hidden. Ran stonesense: It crashed. Turns out hiding the tiles doesn't stop stonesense from trying to render them. A pity.

Pretty awesome update. How many FBs do you have? DO you gen worlds with hundreds or something  :D
It's a big world so I'd assume hundreds, plus hundreds more of titans and other megabeasts. I forgot how many megabeasts I started the world with, I hope it wasn't something stupidly large.
FBs don't seem to be procedurally generated on the spot, they look like they've got proper places in legends mode and all.

Oh, and back to Isoworld!
Failing to get Stonesense working I looked back at isoworld, and had until now never been able to get it working. Finally figuring out what was wrong (a terrible, easy, simple mistake), I created a demigod human adventurer in a save copy. This adventurer was a literate master swordsman who had dabbled in swimming and was ready to find the faraway Fortress of Eshomamud in the east, guided by mysterious visions.
He first traveled south to a necromancer tower native to his human peoples and rushed up and through it, being possibly the fastest thing alive in the universe. He ran up to the highest level being chased by necromancers swearing they would kill him and was perhaps the first to read and discover the secrets of life and death so quickly under such extreme pressures. Repeating his journey down the tower, now thankfully safe from being attacked by the undead inhabitants of the tower, he waltzed on out with one human corpse and the confidence to complete his quest.
The slab was not sought for the ability to resurrect corpses, rather, to allow him to travel day and night across the icy tundra without food, water or sleep - the journey would be prohibitively arduous otherwise.
The powers of reanimation however did come in handy, and after several ill-advised kobold ambushes and giant dingo attacks, my human was sporting a small army of kobolds, dingoes and ravens that was leaving a trail of devastation in the local fauna and bandits.

After days of travel which would have killed any mortal man, he eventually he reached the spidery forest and began inquiring as to the whereabouts of the Mountain Hall.
Understandably the local Dwarves answered quickly for they did not wish to have this human stay for long. I had to be careful not to accidentally open a door whilst the corpses were beside me, lest I accidentally cause the deaths of entire families within when I just wanted to ask for directions.
The necroventure continued eastwards massacring some more bandits along the way when finally: Results!
A particularly panicked Dwarf told me after just three prods where the fabled Fortress was!

At last! On the left is the small hamlet of Veilarch, on the right with the castle is the town of Laborscar and right in the middle is a shrine to a Mountain Titan that has no doubt terrorized both town and hamlet for quite some time. And all the way in the distance...

SILENTTHUNDERS :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:02 pm »

:D

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »

I've replaced the reaction raws that make plaster out of gypsum with the ones to make corpse blocks out of corpses, time will tell if things work as intended. There will have to be some finnicky new workshop placements or stockpiles to make sure the Dwarves don't accidentally get rid of useful corpses and only turn demon corpses into wall supports.

Are they working?

Are corpse walls going up?!

If so, please post the reaction you used~
The silver is responsible for this How?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »

Are they working?
Are corpse walls going up?!
If so, please post the reaction you used~
I used the one ITT and well...
They tried to make a corpse block.
Only they ended up making limestone blocks. Considering how they didn't even bring any reagent corpses to the tannery I believe they are just carving limestone blocks and trying to pass those off as corpse bricks in an attempt to trick the manager.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »

I used the one ITT and well...
They tried to make a corpse block.
Only they ended up making limestone blocks. Considering how they didn't even bring any reagent corpses to the tannery I believe they are just carving limestone blocks and trying to pass those off as corpse bricks in an attempt to trick the manager.

I figured out how to make bone blocks. Not the same as corpse blocks, but maybe this reaction will help:

Or use this reaction if you want to feel more historical / realistic:

The silver is responsible for this How?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2015, 09:54:09 pm »

Walls made of corpses must happen. I mean, just, YES.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2015, 01:52:40 am »

Why just walls? Pave hell with the bones of the demons that reside within, and show them that the player's ingenuity is far more terrible than any petty demonic invasion force.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2015, 08:56:31 am »

Why just walls? Pave hell with the bones of the demons that reside within, and show them that the player's ingenuity is far more terrible than any petty demonic invasion force.
Watch as we rewrite reality itself so we can pave your home with the corpses of your fallen!

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2015, 11:25:05 am »

Also it has occurred to me, you could use almost the same reaction to make corpse statues too.  A little demon taxidermy for you. 

The real question will be if the necromancers or the evil biome can turn your corpse constructions and corpse statues against you. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »

Yeah that reaction is the one I used, it produced limestone blocks for some reason. Still fiddling around with reactions to try and find one to make bone or corpse blocks, either will do.
In other news:
The Fort has borne an artifact adamantine short sword, the second of its kind. Elderround shall join Visioncraze in being the pinnacle of lethality, both swords held by elder master swordsdwarves of the elite vigorous clasps. Captain Mebzuth Trammeloars with Visioncraze and Medicaldwarf Captain Etur Atticcave with Elderround.
But few swords can top an old Olin classic. Rest in piece you glorious metalsmith.
The escaped war eagle has somehow developed into a small society of four war eagles who managed to escape from the butcher's knife. They run around on the farm roof free from Dwarven hands, doing eagle things.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2015, 08:35:56 pm »

The escaped war eagle has somehow developed into a small society of four war eagles who managed to escape from the butcher's knife. They run around on the farm roof free from Dwarven hands, doing eagle things.
Have you read Datan and the Eagle, I believe it was called?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:50 am »

I hope they breed, and produce a kingdom of eagles on your roof. Except they'll start dying in a couple of years, and it could be like the ravens all over again.
One wheel short of a wagon

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2015, 11:50:08 am »

The problem with the reaction is that "Corpse" is not a material in the game.

I don't remember much from my experience with modding, but I think you'd need to add it as one (It would be corpse in name only.) then define the material in the output (somehow) and make it accept body parts for the first (you probably got that, and you're probably better at modding.  This would also have a bizarre side effect of making it so individual hands, noses and fingers can become blocks.) I'll try this myself later.

Also, make the corpse material unable to rot.

Don't want the blocks to rot mid-transit or collapse the fort by rotting away...

(PTW in disguise)
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32