Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]  (Read 162788 times)

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »

Very very inspiring.

I'm a bit confused on some parts though.  Since I am not a slang master, what does PTW mean?  For future reference of course...
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:30 pm »

Very very inspiring.

I'm a bit confused on some parts though.  Since I am not a slang master, what does PTW mean?  For future reference of course...
Post to watch, they don't have anything to add but want to see the story develop

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:57 pm »

Hm... in that case... PTW
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 01:57:13 pm »

It should be pointed out that Posting To Watch is somewhat pointless in Simple Machines forum software.  Click the button marked "Notify", next to "Reply", and you will get the same result without cluttering up the thread.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:10 pm »

Ptw is actually important since it plays a role on informing the op that people are expecting more, just don't post only ptw, give a comment too. Ptw is important.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 02:58:15 pm »

Alrighty then...

PTW

Because I want to learn how exactly this will turn out.  I've also been a bad boy and have been killing all trade caravans that come to my fortress.  Now I think I must go and buckle down underneath the soil to keep out of range of my enemies on the surface.  This is really giving me some great ideas! :)

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:05 pm »

Yeah, that's true, it's a statement of "I like this and would like to read more", so I'm sure people appreciate that sort of thing.  Still, threads filled with "PTW" and not much more annoy me, especially on places like Reddit that have a well developed Save Comment feature.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »

The reason the notify thing isn't done so often is because it'll just send you emails and won't actually make it show up in the "new replies to your posts" section. Also annoying is that you can't stop a topic from being in the new replies section permanently. I posted in some topics on the general discussion board once, and now that's cluttering it up permanently.

At any rate, have the ravens succeeded yet?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2015, 09:15:22 pm »

Hmmm, I assumed it was in some way related to the reporting a post and never used it... I don't actually use the reply button either, as I vastly prefer the quick-reply option.

I also love having blinded veterans building walls in hell because they won't go run off to fight stuff mid-construction... while being totally capable of putting down whatever actually comes to bother them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »

At any rate, have the ravens succeeded yet?
As far as I can tell all the ravens in hell have been incinerated or lost to the glowing pits. The ones in the Necrofactory are still very much alive (undead?), numbering around 40. The corpse stockpile also has plenty more bodies to process into additional undead. With the arrival of roaming wild demons the clown legion is still the most successful army in hell for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Dwarves have removed the injured demons lurking on the grounds of hell with liberal application of axe. I am somewhat concerned by how Erith and E.C. Vabok have been caught in a herd of Shrew fiends' syndromes, with any luck the Dwarf blood they're covered in should shield them from infection.

Baron Muthkat's first kill in hell was a salt demon, beheaded with a single bolt to the head. A pleasing start to the hunts.

The patrols went as far as the demons beneath the spire; demons on the fringe were baited into the webs and their overall strength was gauged. At 1-3 demons the group handled everything just fine, at 3-6 Datan and Asmel got their arms and spleens broken and the patrol had to withdraw to the spire.

Erith also gets kudos for killing a demon by eating it to death.

The plans for the bedrooms have been designated above a glowing pit and are being constructed under the dutiful watch of a gila fiend on the hill top 50 paces away and the werecivets on a peninsula to the east.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2015, 12:25:09 am »

Amazing! Colonizing the HFS promises to be a memorable achievement.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2015, 06:00:44 am »

He bit it to death? I think that makes that dwarf the single most badass creature I've seen.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2015, 09:35:55 am »

Demons probably taste like chicken.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 09:39:04 am »

Demons probably taste like chicken.
Maybe their blood taste like Dwarven Rum.
Maybe their flesh taste like Plump Helmets well-minced with Dwarven Wine minced with Dwarven Sugar.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 12:01:36 pm »

Indeed, they must be very tasty....  I wonder...
*Grabs +iron pickaxe+ and heads to the city quarry*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32